• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: From Thriller To Bad, Should He Just Beat It?

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
RVP had two good seasons for us, 2010-11, he was our top goal scorer with 18 in the PL helping us to 4th place, and in 2011-12 he carried us to 3rd, with 30 goals in 38 appearances, and then signed for Man U scoring 26 goals in 38 appearances and carrying a rickety team to the title.

During those 3 yrs he was untouchable and the best striker in the world.

Auba hasnt been able to carry a team over a season yet. we came 6th and 8th in his time here. This season will settle the debate, and theres a fair chance he will prove himself a better striker than RVP with a settled team and manager. As it stands, RVP shades it.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
RVP had two good seasons for us, 2010-11, he was our top goal scorer with 18 in the PL helping us to 4th place, and in 2011-12 he carried us to 3rd, with 30 goals in 38 appearances, and then signed for Man U scoring 26 goals in 38 appearances and carrying a rickety team to the title.

Auba hasnt been able to carry a team over a season yet. we came 6th and 8th in his time here. This season will settle the debate, and theres a fair chance he will prove himself a better striker than RVP with a settled team and manager. As it stands, RVP shades it.

Looking at Robin's stats, it was so annoying how injury prone he was, only made 40 appearances or more 3 times in 8 seasons for us.

He was a great player for us no doubt, but I love how Auba is always available to play...such a bonus for the team, that our best attacker is never really injured.

Really looking forward to seeing Pierre join the list of players who have scored 100 goals for this great club this year!

Pyres7

Auba kind of did carry us last season. I dread to think where we would have finished last season without his goals. Won us the FA cup too with vital goals against City, Liverpool and Chelsea.

RVP at his very best shades it for me too, but Auba has been more consistent over a longer period.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Okay I’m going to take the bait.
For the avoidance of doubt I am not saying one is better than the other however I am going to ask you one question.

Of the two who has been consistently scoring 20+ goals per season and who has done it longer? As some like to say the proof is in the pudding.

Caveat: These are different kind of players who have played in roughly different eras. When one was on the rise the other was in decline but who would you want the last shot of a game or the first strike of a game to go to?

Let us hear why you think RVP all round game was lethal?

Tell us why you say he was a complete striker when my memory tells me otherwise. Was he a more complete striker then Wright? or Henry? If so How?

Given that majority of PEAs career has been spent in the Bundesliga and majority of his goal scoring record is there, im going to treat his time there as the same as RVP getting injured.

He was not more complete than the legends you mentioned and good thing I was comparing him to PEA and not all strikers as a whole.

What PEA offers is pace and only recently great finishing (If you actually followed the guy, you'd know he misses a lot of chances, his finishing has just been refined as he has gotten older). His pace is the asset thats made him such an elite finisher because chances came to him at a plenty.

You have RVP who has significantly less pace, therefore has to actually rely on intelligent positioning and actual finishing. Im not into stats but I am sure if we look at RVP and PEA goal conversion for Arsenal over the same period, RVP would come out on top.

When I say he is a more complete striker than PEA, I mean he offers more than just pace and goals, he offers the latter in the same capacity but he also is a great header of the ball, good free kick taker and had decent hold up play where by PEAs is non existent.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli

Auba has a way better scoring record than RVP. What are you on about. Carried dortmund for seasons. Peak Rvp way too good though. One of the best who has played the game

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Given that majority of PEAs career has been spent in the Bundesliga and majority of his goal scoring record is there, im going to treat his time there as the same as RVP getting injured.

He was not more complete than the legends you mentioned and good thing I was comparing him to PEA and not all strikers as a whole.

What PEA offers is pace and only recently great finishing (If you actually followed the guy, you'd know he misses a lot of chances, his finishing has just been refined as he has gotten older). His pace is the asset thats made him such an elite finisher because chances came to him at a plenty.

You have RVP who has significantly less pace, therefore has to actually rely on intelligent positioning and actual finishing. Im not into stats but I am sure if we look at RVP and PEA goal conversion for Arsenal over the same period, RVP would come out on top.

When I say he is a more complete striker than PEA, I mean he offers more than just pace and goals, he offers the latter in the same capacity but he also is a great header of the ball, good free kick taker and had decent hold up play where by PEAs is non existent.

One thing In Auba's favour, is that Robin either played in all round better teams or at least creatively better teams than Pierre...plus I would say Pierre's main attribute is his intelligence, his intelligence in making runs (might be the best I have seen at Arsenal) Auba isn't a complete pace merchant like someone like Theo.

Do agree that Van Persie was the more rounded player though.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

What does that mean, "treat his time in Bundesliga as the same as RVP getting injured"? I really don't understand.

This is from 4 years ago:

"The Gabon striker also requires fewer attempts per goal, with 5.1 shots ending in the opposition net compared to 5.6 of Lewandowski's. In addition, Auba has converted 60.6 percent of his chances in the Bundesliga, with Lewy finishing off 54.3 percent of his opportunities."

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/news/Bundesliga/blmd1n-lewandowski-and-aubameyang-resume-goal-race.jsp

"In total, Aubameyang has scored 69 league goals since the start of the 2015/16 season, the sixth-best tally in Europe's top five leagues across that period, while a conversion rate of 23.7% in that time is also a fine return for the forward."

https://www.skysports.com/football/...ds-pierre-emerick-aubameyang-bring-to-arsenal

From 6 months ago, conversion rate of 26.2%, while of course average conversion rate above will have some lower & higher years:

"https://www.planetfootball.com/quic...onaldo-jamie-vardy-pierre-emerick-aubameyang/

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
If we win the Europa league and finish top four this season with Auba, then Auba would have surpassed Rvp here.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On

Rvp also had a very good season in 08-09, where he was our best player.

Largely agree with what you say, but let's not forget Auba just "carried"(I don't like how this term is used in football) to FA Cup and CC wins scoring 6 goals in 3 games against the best teams in the country in the process, which is simply phenomenal. Yeah, it was a team effort, but it's hard to imagine us doing it without his goals, nobody in the team is capable of it.

kash2

What does that mean, "treat his time in Bundesliga as the same as RVP getting injured"? I really don't understand.

This is from 4 years ago:

"The Gabon striker also requires fewer attempts per goal, with 5.1 shots ending in the opposition net compared to 5.6 of Lewandowski's. In addition, Auba has converted 60.6 percent of his chances in the Bundesliga, with Lewy finishing off 54.3 percent of his opportunities."

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/news/Bundesliga/blmd1n-lewandowski-and-aubameyang-resume-goal-race.jsp

"In total, Aubameyang has scored 69 league goals since the start of the 2015/16 season, the sixth-best tally in Europe's top five leagues across that period, while a conversion rate of 23.7% in that time is also a fine return for the forward."

https://www.skysports.com/football/...ds-pierre-emerick-aubameyang-bring-to-arsenal

From 6 months ago, conversion rate of 26.2%, while of course average conversion rate above will have some lower & higher years:

"https://www.planetfootball.com/quic...onaldo-jamie-vardy-pierre-emerick-aubameyang/

it means the bundesliga doesn’t count.

kash2

Rvp also had a very good season in 08-09, where he was our best player.

Largely agree with what you say, but let's not forget Auba just "carried"(I don't like how this term is used in football) to FA Cup and CC wins scoring 6 goals in 3 games against the best teams in the country in the process, which is simply phenomenal. Yeah, it was a team effort, but it's hard to imagine us doing it without his goals, nobody in the team is capable of it.

yes .. he carried us the last few months, that’s why this conversation.. his contribution was RVP esque . We all hope he can do it over this coming season and reach that stature.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Largely agree with what you say, but let's not forget Auba just "carried"(I don't like how this term is used in football) to FA Cup and CC wins scoring 6 goals in 3 games against the best teams in the country in the process, which is simply phenomenal.
It's this for me. Nobody thought we had a chance, most of our fans didn't.

Auba has been scoring at a consistent clip since he arrived but it was the tail end of last season where people started to recognise his greatness. You can tell because rival fans are hella salty right now.:lol:

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Interesting take on the Kane vs Auba thread on Redcafe.
Most of them Seem to rate Auba over Kane.

Al you do with your life is read football forums isn't it? Like you keep giving up recaps of what people are saying on Redcafe or Sp**s forum like anyone gives a sh*t.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

VP was in better teams, Auba has definitely carried us. Unfair to put our league finishes on him when he did his job.

Another thing is that EPL is much more even & competitive now. Still Auba manages to be as lethal from the wing.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If we win the Europa league and finish top four this season with Auba, then Auba would have surpassed Rvp here.

Auba's performances in the cup last season has put him above RVP for me.

RVP a better player though, injuries ruined him.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
As poetic as that sounds. No. Don't kid yourself.

As in, he stayed for the Arsenal as it is now under Arteta. The hopeful one. The one than can win trophies.

Not the Arsenal that existed over 9 months ago. If Emery was still in charge or if most other managers came in he would have been long gone.

Edit: And he would have been 100% right in doing so.

Football fans are so Naive lmao 'Auba stayed for Arsenal not for trophies' how stupid :lol: Auba stayed cos we're making him one of the best paid players in the league and no other club is gonna offer that.

Top Bottom