• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: From Thriller To Bad, Should He Just Beat It?

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
In a way, I feel my idea of flogging both him and Lacazette for cash while bringing in Cavani and Depay for nearly nothing doesn't seem too bad now.

Why

Always Me ?

Fair enough quite a few tap-ins, but still a lot of quality goals where he actually dribbled through people, also quite a few decent hits from outside the box... But what surprised me was the sheer volume that came from the wing playing quick balls across the ground into him that netted goals. We don't do that anymore, they are all in the air crosses.

Don't recall seeing him score many is any in that clip that came from high crosses. Funny that. Wonder what the issue is.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Arsenal should have hire me for contractual agreements.

We are in Özil No. 2 Territory. PEA legs are gone.

https://arsenal-mania.com/forum/threads/pierre-emerick-aubameyang-out.33967/page-33

4jNJzks

d44QHZR

Last edited:

Arsenal1508

Arteta and Edu continue to fail here on the resigning.

We should have made it incentive based contract to reach the base pay he is getting now.

Such a shame we have people running the club with no Economics background.

Jack_the_boy

Definitely Not Manberg
Arteta and Edu continue to fail here on the resigning.

We should have made it incentive based contract to reach the base pay he is getting now.

Such a shame we have people running the club with no Economics background.

If the contract is a mistake (and at the moment it looks that way) then fans share a portion of the blame. Fans wanted him signed at all costs, same as with Özil, and the voices on social media were very loud. You’d be foolish to underestimate the influence it has on their decision, as well as negotiations.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

If the contract is a mistake (and at the moment it looks that way) then fans share a portion of the blame. Fans wanted him signed at all costs, same as with Özil, and the voices on social media were very loud. You’d be foolish to underestimate the influence it has on their decision, as well as negotiations.

Sorry but that is an absolute ridiculous statement.

These guys are paid millions, let me repeat millions so that they make the correct call despite fan pressure.

That is no excuse, you are paid enough, you don't listen to fans, you do what you honestly think and within your planning is best for the club.

If someone spouted that excuse out loud they deserve to be fired.

OSBK

Established Member
PEA legs are not gone. Against palace he murdered ward in a one on one for pace, its the fastest i have seen him run since he joined but sadly he only did it the once.

This isnt a Özil situation its a walcott situation, we were forced into extending the contract of a player that really we shouldve cashed in on. This is by no way a dig at auba performaces upto this season, but auba is the striker we want but he is not the striker we need. Özil extention with us put him in a place where nobody could touch him due to wages. Auba extention regardless of current form still makes him a buyable player for a few clubs. Currently there are rumours of aguero going to barca, currently aguero looks worst than auba.

Great interview with keown on talksport yesterday about auba. He clearly doesnt rate him as a captain

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

PEA legs are not gone. Against palace he murdered ward in a one on one for pace, its the fastest i have seen him run since he joined but sadly he only did it the once.
Surprised nobody brought this up. Think he put in a cross with his left as well but I can't rememebr.

Just wasted in this team as it is.

Arsenal1508

LOL...then they would be listening the the deluded fan base?

Sure fans wanted him to stay, but at what cost?

Probably they didnt realize he was already on 180K per week. Why the hell would he need a pay raise on that?

Arsenal1508

This isnt a Özil situation its a walcott situation, we were forced into extending the contract of a player that really we shouldve cashed in on. This is by no way a dig at auba performaces upto this season, but auba is the striker we want but he is not the striker we need. Özil extention with us put him in a place where nobody could touch him due to wages. Auba extention regardless of current form still makes him a buyable player for a few clubs. Currently there are rumours of aguero going to barca, currently aguero looks worst than auba.

Great interview with keown on talksport yesterday about auba. He clearly doesnt rate him as a captain

We were not forced to extend. He still had one year left and if he loved the club, he would resign in 2021. At this point he would still be forced to perform. He just has a great agent like Özil does.

Need to bring the wages down considerably.

Like Özil, I didnt see any club other than Arsenal make the first move. We clearly outbidded ourselves.

Jack_the_boy

Definitely Not Manberg
Sorry but that is an absolute ridiculous statement.

These guys are paid millions, let me repeat millions so that they make the correct call despite fan pressure.

That is no excuse, you are paid enough, you don't listen to fans, you do what you honestly think and within your planning is best for the club.

If someone spouted that excuse out loud they deserve to be fired.

I cannot agree. If you’re into business then you’d know the huge influence of public opinion on any business decision. It is “ridiculous” to think otherwise. Extending Auba’s contract was a business decision. Aubameyang was/is a popular and valuable asset.

Jack_the_boy

Definitely Not Manberg
LOL...then they would be listening the the deluded fan base?

Sure fans wanted him to stay, but at what cost?

Probably they didnt realize he was already on 180K per week. Why the hell would he need a pay raise on that?

Popularity is one of the biggest influences on a player’s value, and thus the terms of the contract given. It has a bigger effect than talent or goals or assists. Players at the top level primarily use social media to raise their profile. You have influencers such as troopz telling everyone that the club must give him a new contract, give him 400k and give him what he wants. You’re even seeing players such as Balogun using social media popularity to justify their increased contract demands.

You’d be incredibly naive to think that public opinion and popularity with fans doesn’t have such a big effect on contract demands. I’m astounded @dka91 thinks it’s ridiculous, you guys must not know how the business works. It’s all a PR game.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

I cannot agree. If you’re into business then you’d know the huge influence of public opinion on any business decision. It is “ridiculous” to think otherwise. Extending Auba’s contract was a business decision. Aubameyang was/is a popular and valuable asset.

So you're into business? Is that what you're saying?

Football is not conventional business mind you, in which your share price is linked to people (or businesses) buying your product/service, their confidence and other factors.

Due to the nature of the way football is, the most important thing is winning and decisions that directly relate to that (again rather than selling a product that will be bought by consumers).

If we win and do so consistently then everything else falls in line (a larger fan base, more tickets sold, bigger deals etc).

Public opinion shouldn't really matter to a good CEO because only long term consistent winning makes the club successful.

A good structure will hear fan sentiment but must make decisions they believe are correct.

I mean there's no way around this, fan sentiment shouldn't be swaying the execs like that if they have a proper plan in place.

And fans don't "share a portion of the blame", can you imagine Vinai or Edu coming out and saying something like that?

"Sh!t Aubameyang didn't work out, we have all of the resources to make informed decisions in accordance with the long term plan we've set but hey, we listened to y'all and it failed so it's partly your fault."

Jack_the_boy

Definitely Not Manberg
So you're into business? Is that what you're saying?

Football is not conventional business mind you, in which your share price is linked to people (or businesses) buying your product/service, their confidence and other factors.

Due to the nature of the way football is, the most important thing is winning and decisions that directly relate to that (again rather than selling a product that will be bought by consumers).

If we win and do so consistently then everything else falls in line (a larger fan base, more tickets sold, bigger deals etc).

Public opinion shouldn't really matter to a good CEO because only long term consistent winning makes the club successful.

A good structure will hear fan sentiment but must make decisions they believe are correct.

I mean there's no way around this, fan sentiment shouldn't be swaying the execs like that if they have a proper plan in place.

And fans don't "share a portion of the blame", can you imagine Vinai or Edu coming out and saying something like that?

"Sh!t Aubameyang didn't work out, we have all of the resources to make informed decisions in accordance with the long term plan we've set but hey, we listened to y'all and it failed so it's partly your fault."

No, of course they won’t say that but if you’re telling me that Auba’s popularity with the fans did not have a big effect on the board agreeing to his ridiculous wage demands you’d be foolish.

To board members and shareholders, football is a business, and players are the assets. It’s treated no differently than conventional businesses in that regard.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

No, of course they won’t say that but if you’re telling me that Auba’s popularity with the fans did not have a big effect on the board agreeing to his ridiculous wage demands you’d be foolish.

1. You are resorting to personal shots which I always maintain is a bad sign.

2. I'm not arguing whether or not the board extended Auba's contract because of "fan pressure" or fan opinion.

I'm arguing that they shouldn't have because they should've only signed him on, if it made sense in the long term plan they've set for the club.

Your initial statement was that "fans share a portion of the blame", my point is that fans should not factor into it.

However, I'm not under the illusion that as humans what fans say won't affect them on some level.

Of course what the fans say will affect them (consciously or subconsciously) but ultimately their plan (and the information they have access to) is what should direct their decision, not fan sentiment (to the point that fans share a portion of the blame).

Frankly as they are the ones being paid (not the fans) the decisions they've made and the blame (or praise) thereafter is solely on their shoulders.

Jack_the_boy

Definitely Not Manberg
1. You are resorting to personal shots which I always maintain is a bad sign.

2. I'm not arguing whether or not the board extended Auba's contract because of "fan pressure" or fan opinion.

I'm arguing that they shouldn't have because they should've only signed him on, if it made sense in the long term plan they've set for the club.

Your initial statement was that "fans share a portion of the blame", my point is that fans should not factor into it.

However, I'm not under the illusion that as humans of course what the fans say will affect them (consciously or subconsciously) but ultimately their plan (and the information they have access to) is what should direct their decision, not fan sentiment (to the point that fans share a portion of the blame).

Frankly as they are the ones being paid (not the fans) the decisions they've made and the blame (or praise) thereafter is solely on their shoulders.

Fan opinion is heavily considered on nearly every decision a club makes. You only have to look at the reversed decisions last summer to seek Government furlough schemes by clubs for proof of that.

If they didn’t extend Auba or Özil’s contracts the club would’ve been treated to a huge and irreparable backlash by the fans. The board have to try to please the fans, the customers. Therefore, a risk assessment would have weighed heavily against not giving those contracts.

I say fans share a blame because if there wasn’t such an outpouring of desire from fans to see the players be kept then the preferred outcome we see in hindsight would have been much more realistic, being that the players either didn’t extend or weren’t paid so much. It is typically an issue with Arsenal fans because we’re known to overhype the popular players, much to our detriment.
At the same time, I’m not absolving board members of responsibility either. But any sane business person in their position would have decided to keep Özil and Auba.
The fanbase as a whole is repeatedly guilty of not learning lessons, although there’s little we can do to change that.

OSBK

Established Member
We were not forced to extend. He still had one year left and if he loved the club, he would resign in 2021. At this point he would still be forced to perform. He just has a great agent like Özil does.

Need to bring the wages down considerably.

Like Özil, I didnt see any club other than Arsenal make the first move. We clearly outbidded ourselves.

We were forced though. Had auba left this summer then is it likely partey wouldve joined? From a commercial pov not extending auba wouldve been a disaster.

If auba had turned down a contract he would be at a cl club now.

Arsenal1508

We were forced though. Had auba left this summer then is it likely partey wouldve joined? From a commercial pov not extending auba wouldve been a disaster.

If auba had turned down a contract he would be at a cl club now.

Should have let him leave or sell him then.

Partey hasnt even played. We only signed Partey bwcause he is an arsenal fan and we gave him 200K per week.

Auba is not Ronaldo or Messi mate. No way he can draw players.

OSBK

Established Member
Should have let him leave or sell him then.

Partey hasnt even played. We only signed Partey bwcause he is an arsenal fan and we gave him 200K per week.

Auba is not Ronaldo or Messi mate. No way he can draw players.

We have to stop this myth that these modern day players want to play for certain clubs only because they are fans. Modern players go where the money is or where they have mates, the exception is maybe real,barca,bayern and utd.

And auba can draw players. This generation of players are drawn by legends still but also by "popular" players within the game. Tbh to auba he has mafe himself very popular with all the players and within the PL, they tell their mates who play for other clubs etc etc.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom