• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: Black Panther

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Could we try them both up top vs Palace?

We played 442 against Fulham and it worked fine. I think that's a good system for away games because we have an extra forward for the high press (Welbeck started) and more natural width.

These are all good problems to have by the way.

Giroud12

We played 442 against Fulham and it worked fine. I think that's a good system for away games because we have an extra forward for the high press (Welbeck started) and more natural width.

These are all good problems to have by the way.

I agree, I guess the main problem is figuring out the midfield with them two up top and 4 at the back. Would be interesting to see something like Iwobi-Torreira-Xhaka-Özil if only for a game, something similar to Wengers 4-4-2

Stannis

We have 5 games in less than a fortnight, that and Danny is injured again.

People need to chill. Auba will start eventually. This rotation is smart management.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Remember when signing this guy wasn’t worth it if it meant we lost Giroud? :lol:
@say yes stop making stuff up, Giroud is gone, we went from Giroud/Sanogo/Walcott to having Auba and Laca up front. Be happy. Rejoice. The pain was harsh, but we endured it for a reason.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
Danny is injured again.

Danny was reported as having a "minor hamstring issue" after Fulham. On October the 18th, the update was that he had "returned to full training," and yesterday he was on the bench. Maybe he isn't at 100%, but it's far from likely that he won't available for the game on Thursday.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
It's amazing that both Laca and Auba have different skillset and both are leathal in front of goal. If Laca have an off day like yesterday Auba can kill the game and vice versa. Iwobi is slowly filling the tricky winger role which we were missing.

How was he off?

Just that he didn't score?

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Could we try them both up top vs Palace?

Yeah, I think against some teams we can definitely play 4-4-2. Having said that, when we do play one CF the front line still move around anyway, which is what you want from a dynamic attack.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
After a slow (and relatively poor) start to the season he’s back to who we knew we signed, one of Europe’s elite frontman.

His movement in the box is second to none. And he’s as clinical as they come. What’s most
pleasing is that it’s not just his goals, his performances in general have been much better. Leicester were petrified every time he touched the ball.

He’s one goal off Hazard in the top scorer charts. Where we expected him to be. Two more goals and he’s in double figures in all competitions :lol:. Honestly, the man is a ****ing machine.

A worthy no.14.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
One of the coolest things about PEA right now is that he obviously knows he's going to score a lot of goals with this team regardless of whether he starts or not.

Playing with Özil must be a dream for him. But he can obviously see how Laca will help him score more goals too, and I think Emery gets a lot of credit for this.

As a CF getting pushed out to the wing to accommodate Laca could have easily been a problem. Getting benched because of Laca could have been a big problem too. Emery fixed this by playing with two strikers and having the fullbacks provide the width. We now can easily play with one or two strikers, and this is perfect for Laca, PEA and Welbeck.

For example, Laca starts at CF and PEA and Welbeck are on the bench, we're attacking a lot, but still need goals. Emery subs in PEA and now the other team has to defend against two top CFs. Inevitably someone will lose track of PEA and he'll score a tap in.

This rotation policy is already way better than anything Wenger had tried.

And as the season progresses, PEA and Welbeck will get better at playing CF under Emery's system.

We seriously have three strikers right now who will all score way more than 10 goals this season who can play as the lone striker and together in a front two, and can easily start matches or come off the bench.

This rotation should keep them all fit and healthy, and scoring goals all season. It is scary to think about how dominating this attack can become.

GoonerBoy19

How was he off?

Just that he didn't score?

Yah I meant usually he finishes off those chances, he worked his socks off but was trying too hard to score.

There will be days when one of them will missfire, Chelsea game was an example. Its so awesome to have both of them together. I hope they score 40-60 goals together this season.

Last edited:

Yah I meant usually he finishes off those chances, he worked his socks off but was trying too hard to score.

There will be days when one of them will missfire, Chelsea game was an example. Its so awesome to have both of them together. I hope they score upwards of 60 goals together this season.
Fixed;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom