• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: Black Panther

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Hope he starts upfront vs Liverpool.

I just dont really see this partnership with Lacazette on the pitch. We have an elite striker with an crazy minute / goals ratio.

His goals are not from cutting in or anything... Just when he gets round the box at a set piece or breaks from position.

HBL

Established Member
Hope he starts upfront vs Liverpool.

I just dont really see this partnership with Lacazette on the pitch. We have an elite striker with an crazy minute / goals ratio.

His goals are not from cutting in or anything... Just when he gets round the box at a set piece or breaks from position.
He did in a lot of matches towards the end of last season and he was incredibly isolated. In general the stats are miles better when they are both on the pitch, of course they have to start together. Not even a debate really, they're the only two natural goal scorers we have in the squad. If we had better fullbacks we wouldn't even notice a problem with the lack of width.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
I'd like to see us play 2 up top more too this season and see how that works.. I don't want it to be either or, we need to find a way to get the best out of both of them.
I agree but Auba on the left and Laca through the middle isn't quite working. I'd prefer Welbeck playing on the left, running at the fullback and Auba through the middle.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

We've gone on our run and he has scored his goals with Lacazette up front and Aubameyang on the left. It's silly to start ****ting the bed because of one average result.

Yeah I don't get it, currently he's top scorer in the league while playing on the left, and Lacazette has been fantastic through the middle bar the Palace game, why would you swap it?

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Frankly, I think Laca hasn't looked as sharp over the last couple of matches, and I think that makes sense.

He exerts a lot of energy every match, and physically that will take a toll. I wouldn't mind seeing PEA and Welbeck start in a front two. They both look a little sharper than Laca right now.

Let Laca start some Europa League and League Cup matches to give his body a bit of a rest and let him score some goals.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Laca played today like he was having girl problems. I don’t think nonetheless we should be relying on him to lead the line alone against aggressive CBS. We need 2 up there and I’d advocate dropping the number 10 role for a second striker, who can press and help us retain/win the ball higher up the pitch.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
His form isn't great, but his return is. As the yanks say, if it isn't broke - don't fix it. Also Laca's hand assisted his goal! Play both.

TheArsenalis

Felt sorry for him yesterday, he worked so hard against Liverpool. Put in as much shift as anyone else, defended well from the fr9nt. Tracked back and everything, it was the hardest I've seen him work in an arsenal shirt.

He was so angry when he got subbed, like he did exactly what was ask of him but still got taken.

Don't worry Pierre, you did great. Emery is just doing his job.

nick gould

His movement is insane. It’s only a matter of time before Özil start finding him. Özil is used to finding hiding strikers like Giroud and maybe doesn’t realise how quick auba is. Mikhi always try to find Auba though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom