• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: Black Panther

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giroud12

I'm Auba biggest fan mate and for the matter I'm probably Lacazette biggest fan too. Nothing wrong with slight criticism.

I agree but think your criticizing the wrong guy. He would have scored plenty more if we had a winger with any creative ability what so ever. Messi would struggle with Iwobi and Mkhi on the wings

I agree but think your criticizing the wrong guy. He would have scored plenty more if we had a winger with any creative ability what so ever. Messi would struggle with Iwobi and Mkhi on the wings

Maybe he would have score more goals with better winger.

I praise him for scoring already a lot of goals, but I also point out that he is missing some sitters and that he can only blame him self for I think!

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Auba's all-round play was actually decent today, something you wouldn't normally associate with him.

What we're seeing is our conversion reverting back to our xG mean, particularly in Auba and Laca's case. If anything, the team should be doing more to get them more chances. We didn't take many shots today, not nearly as much as we should be.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He still should have scored at least one of his chances he missing alot of easy chances this season he could comfortably have 15 goals in the league by now if he been more ruthless still he having great season

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I think his close control could be improved.
Many times as he gets into dribbling, you get the feeling as when Walcott was here, you'd be surprised if he dribbles past someone.

Yesterday, just before Iwobi skied his chance, Auba could've done better with controlling the ball and going for the chance himself. Same when toe-poking that pass.

Let's not get into the dreadful misses at the Chelsea match or the chance at United. Gotta score those if we're ever going to challenge.

progman07

Established Member
I think it was against Napoli, that Mane fluffed like 3-4 huge chances to open goals. Liverpool is still on the top of the league, and went through to the CL Knockout Rounds, because of the overall quality of their team.

I understand that he could improve, provide more to his game, but he is the top scorer in the PL so far, and his goal / minute ratio is probably even more impressive. He is the least of our concerns.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
That’s because he’s not clinical. He gets on the end of a lot of chances but he misses quite a few as well. That’s his game and it has always been like that with him.

Not sure you can look at his goal record (for both us and Dortmund) and the quality of some of his finishing and say he’s not clinical. There’s levels to it I suppose.

I believe he’s easily top 3 strikers in the league but I don’t see Kane miss as many chances. Though that hurts me deeply to say.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Not sure you can look at his goal record (for both us and Dortmund) and the quality of some of his finishing and say he’s not clinical. There’s levels to it I suppose.

I believe he’s easily top 3 strikers in the league but I don’t see Kane miss as many chances. Though that hurts me deeply to say.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...er-city-goal-scoring-expected-finishing-skill

Getting into scoring position is much more important than finishing. Stats proves it. That’s why I would always prefer a wasteful striker, who has amazing movement off the ball or someone who can take on defenders one on one, rather than a good finisher who do nothing else.
RingersViz3.png

RingersViz2.png

Stats shows Giroud is the better finisher but I would always prefer Cavani.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the league at Tottenham, they came back 2-2 in the last-minute of the game, and they're celebrating - because they're happy to draw against us, obviously. And I remember saying to Mauricio Tarricco who injured himself celebrating in front of me: "Do you realise we only need a point to be Champions?" And he was utterly shocked. So I said "Yes. Now watch as we're going to celebrate on your pitch. Bye bye!"

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom