• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: Black Panther

Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I remember when he was at Dortmund he missed a few big chances and they got knocked out of the Champions League.

I can't say I'm to bothered as he is still putting some away. I'm not sure if it's the Fifa generation or the highlights only generation but a lot of chances are missed in football matches.

WilshereGone

Salah's always been top of these big chances missed lists since he's been at Liverpool and still been more prolific than anybody. These types of players like Salah, Auba, Cavani, they never really go on long droughts because it's an art to always be in the right place at the right time. Can't really teach it. Frustrating, but you have to take the bad with the good I guess.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Imagine having one of the best strikers in the world, top 3 in the league and our best forward since Thierry Henry just to play him out of position for a short Giroud. Emery had the right idea when he used Lacazette as a sub, he should be Auba's understudy.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Imagine having one of the best strikers in the world, top 3 in the league and our best forward since Thierry Henry just to play him out of position for a short Giroud. Emery had the right idea when he used Lacazette as a sub, he should be Auba's understudy.

Absolutely not. We lack ball players and creativity as it is, as well as goalscorers. The last thing we want to do is have another one sitting on the bench. People always come out with this “putting one of the best goalscorers out wide” bollocks as though him being down the middle would make all the difference. He has scored as many goals from playing out wide as he has being central.

We didn’t lose that game yesterday because Aubameyang was playing on the right.

Reactions: HBL

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Absolutely not. We lack ball players and creativity as it is, as well as goalscorers. The last thing we want to do is have another one sitting on the bench. People always come out with this “putting one of the best goalscorers out wide” bollocks as though him being down the middle would make all the difference. He has scored as many goals from playing out wide as he has being central.

We didn’t lose that game yesterday because Aubameyang was playing on the right.

1. Lacazette isn't very creative, all he does is lose the ball or pass it straight to the opposition. He seems to want to battle for the ball in midfield instead of making runs into the box.
2. Lacazette was a good goal scorer against the farmers in Ligue 1 but hasn't shown that in the PL, it's why we went out and bought Auba.
3. Auba would've scored in the first half when we were playing better and creating chances but he was on the right wing for some reason while Lacazette seems to never make any good runs away from the CB's. He's always marked.

The more time goes by the more the Lacazette signing looks like a flop to me. But I'd say Mustafi was a flop signing and he's still here after like 4 years.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
1. Lacazette isn't very creative, all he does is lose the ball or pass it straight to the opposition. He seems to want to battle for the ball in midfield instead of making runs into the box.
2. Lacazette was a good goal scorer against the farmers in Ligue 1 but hasn't shown that in the PL, it's why we went out and bought Auba.
3. Auba would've scored in the first half when we were playing better and creating chances but he was on the right wing for some reason while Lacazette seems to never make any good runs away from the CB's. He's always marked.

The more time goes by the more the Lacazette signing looks like a flop to me. But I'd say Mustafi was a flop signing and he's still here after like 4 years.

Aubameyang has 17 goals 3 assists and Lacazette has 10 goals and 6 assists. They play well together and score goals no matter the formation. The only argument you have is if Aubameyang was keeping out a good wide player while being played on the right/left but he’s not. Then you could argue one of the strikers should be dropped so the wide player is in the team but we don’t have any good wide players. With the current make up of the squad you need both in the team because they’re our only real goal threat and playing Auba out wide or two up top is the only way to do that. Dropping Lacazette isn’t the solution.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Emery needs to stop mucking about and play a diamond. Iwobi is horrendous. We have no real width outside of Kolasinac on the overlap. Just put the strongest XI possible out there which at this point is probably:

Auba Laca
Özil
Ramsey Xhaka
Torreira
Kolasinac Kos Sokratis AMN​

Let Torreira drop back and cover the wing when Kolasinac bombs forward, have Auba and Laca occupy the center halves, let Ramsey make his runs from deep and let Özil take advantage of time and space on the ball while the opposition is forced to track the runs.

ksarp

Emery needs to stop mucking about and play a diamond. Iwobi is horrendous. We have no real width outside of Kolasinac on the overlap. Just put the strongest XI possible out there which at this point is probably:

Auba Laca
Özil
Ramsey Xhaka
Torreira
Kolasinac Kos Sokratis AMN​

Let Torreira drop back and cover the wing when Kolasinac bombs forward, have Auba and Laca occupy the center halves, let Ramsey make his runs from deep and let Özil take advantage of time and space on the ball while the opposition is forced to track the runs.

Ramsey? Sure, don’t expect him to string two good games back to back. I’d love to know his thought process with those plays he was trying to make in the red zone sorrounded a collapsing defense.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I'm quite amazed at the negative comments about Auba, he's our top scorer, one of the top in PL and he's managed that by not being at his best. Rather than complain about him we need to ask why? Get him in the middle, send in decent crosses, and his game will improve. I'm more than happy to have both Auba & Laca in the middle but we need to help them with creative players, we're not using Özil so we need to decide who will feed them in the middle. Perisic would help!

WilshereGone

I get where you're coming from, but Laca is vital to any buildup play we have. His linkup play is excellent imo. With Auba up there by himself he often gets isolated, we've seen it before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom