• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: Black Panther

Status
Not open for further replies.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Was always going to struggle today. Just arrived, first NLD and haven`t played many games the last few months. He will have two weeks until his next game, hopefully he will use that time well to get fit and get to know his team mates better.

zhaggy

100%. I kept saying in the PEA thread before you brought him in that playing him on the wing would be awful, and the people suggesting so clearly never watched him. The guy lives and dies on the back of the opposition's defense. He's class at it, but it's also all he's got in his locker.

The Walcott comparisons got laughed off (especially by the Walcott haters), but they're simply so similar in the way they play that the comparison made a lot of sense. Take Walcott's strengths, emphasize them even more, but keep all the same flaws, and you have Auba. As someone who's always liked Walcott (and overrated him in the past), liking Auba was fairly easy. But I couldn't help but wonder why the people who absolutely hated Walcott's style of play were desperate to bring in Auba. I can only assume their research started and ended by looking at his goal record.

I have no doubts Auba will score 15-20 goals next season, but he's going to piss off a lot of the forum in the process.

Dokaka is one of the top posters on this forum imo.
Great post mate.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
15-20 is harsh I think unless you’re taking our poor chance creation into account?

Was just talking league goals. 20 goals in 38 (or less) games is a decent tally, and would put him a step above Giroud which is pretty much how I rate him. Better than Giroud/Laca but a step down from the likes of Aguero, Kane etc. 20 in the league + 5 or so from other comps puts him at 25 goals for the season which I'm guessing most people would be fairly happy with.

It wouldn't surprise me necessarily if he scored more though. You have the potential to get hot and create loads of chances for a few months, most of which you'd assume Auba would be on the end of.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Was just talking league goals. 20 goals in 38 (or less) games is a decent tally, and would put him a step above Giroud which is pretty much how I rate him. Better than Giroud/Laca but a step down from the likes of Aguero, Kane etc. 20 in the league + 5 or so from other comps puts him at 25 goals for the season which I'm guessing most people would be fairly happy with.

It wouldn't surprise me necessarily if he scored more though. You have the potential to get hot and create loads of chances for a few months, most of which you'd assume Auba would be on the end of.
Salah and Sterling are confusing me.

I remember when a 20 league goal striker was all you needed. We've got two wingers in our league on pace to do that this year, one already has. Even Lukaku at midtable Everton last season got well into the mid twenties.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
Our midfield didn't get him in to the game enough. Not enough brave passing on the counter, and when it did open up even our best assist merchant picked the wrong options.

To an extent, got lacazetted.

MkhiMagic

Too much flip flopping from football fans in general regarding players. Judge the new guys after 10-15 games, not two. Was always going to be a tough game for our attackers and the midfield got completely overrun all game. No buildup from the back and the frontline was isolated whenever they got the ball, with their backs to the goal and 2 Sp**s players on them the second they received it and no passing options.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Too much flip flopping from football fans in general regarding players. Judge the new guys after 10-15 games, not two. Was always going to be a tough game for our attackers and the midfield got completely overrun all game. No buildup from the back and the frontline was isolated whenever they got the ball, with their backs to the goal and 2 Sp**s players on them the second they received it and no passing options.
I agree, but surely you can see the irony posting this under the moniker 'MkhiMagic?'

MkhiMagic

Nothing to do with PEA -- it's just funny that you're (rightfully) asking others to wait for a larger sample size before passing judgement when you've already taken on the name "MkhiMagic" w/ corresponding photo.
Well, I'm armenian so it's kind of self-explanatory. He's my favorite player and I won't stop supporting him even if he plays bad. I'll try to be as objective as possible though because I know 'fanboyism' can be quite annoying.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Well, I'm armenian so it's kind of self-explanatory. He's my favorite player and I won't stop supporting him even if he plays bad. I'll try to be as objective as possible though because I know 'fanboyism' can be quite annoying.
Do whatever you want — no ‘right’ way be a fan, just thought the contrast was funny.

BobP

Memri Fan
Without Giroud or Sagna, the deficiencies in our build up play are laid bare.

I remember the days where Szczesny would hoof the ball to Giroud who, with a defender or two behind him, would successfully bring the ball down and lay it off. It was our 'out' ball. You also had the diagonal to Sagna who would then head the ball infield.

We see Cech attempt that hopeful long ball time and time again with Lacazette and now Aubameyang as the target. What's the point? Neither of those two are capable of fending off a defender or two, bringing the ball down, and playing it off to a teammate.

Points to a lack of thought really.

just waiting for this thread to turn into a free for all attack on PEA just like Laca's as soon as he hits some adversity

Lacazette is one of the most defended player this forum has ever seen. Even if he has been below average for the whole season.

PEA is levels above Lacazette in every department so I very much doubt people will attack him.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Salah and Sterling are confusing me.

I remember when a 20 league goal striker was all you needed. We've got two wingers in our league on pace to do that this year, one already has. Even Lukaku at midtable Everton last season got well into the mid twenties.

When was that ever enough?

0,5 goals per game isnt a title winning side

You need someone who is up there sniffing around 0,75

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Lacazette is one of the most defended player this forum has ever seen. Even if he has been below average for the whole season.

PEA is levels above Lacazette in every department so I very much doubt people will attack him.
5 months is a funny season.

And I think it has something to do with PEA not carrying an injury while Lacazette has been. But don't quote me on that, not sure where I got that sort of information posted by the official AFC website.

And AM will not attack a player when he has a bad spell? I'm in the wrong forum.

sammy89

We paid 60m+ for a Gabonese Walcott.

Depressing stuff.
The Walcott comparisons are bullshit because:

1. He doesn't have comically bad ball control
2. He's much taller than Walcott
3. He's got a good header

And I don't know about you, but I'd rather a good striker who plays in behind than a good striker who plays back to goal. There's a reason that Drogba, arguably the best back-to-goal striker of all time never even got a shout in the Ballon d'or nominations. Back-to-goal strikers are battering rams who are just so boring to watch. If defences are being stubborn, we can be throwing on both him and Lacazette at the same time, one of them is bound to find some space between the markers(worked vs Sp**s). Better than playing some big man plan B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom