• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: Black Panther

Status
Not open for further replies.

c00lguy

PEA didn't have more time. It's one thing to just stick your leg out to redirect a shot that's going wide like Kompany, but in PEA's case the ball was going to his weaker side when his momentum was taking him forward. There's no way he could have regained his balance and got a proper shot away in enough time. You're being very harsh on PEA imo.

Some alertness on PEA's part and his momentum would've taken him towards the ball. It's fine details but it makes the world of difference in a cup final.
I'll stop here.

SpookyDukey

Pea and Laca are both amazingly gifted as was Giroud. I fear with the current tactics, team mentality and morale we could look just as bad a team even if we had Suarez or someone of that level.

arsmile

Established Member
Having the same troubles playing as Laca had. We're simply not set up for a point man running in behind.

it's like we are more set up for a big strong guy with a good touch who can hold it up a bit and allow us to play it around the corner in tight areas around the box with midfield runners going in behind him with a great beard

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
The more I see of him, the more I'm beginning to realize he was a panic buy caused by Giroud complaining about lack of playing time in a WC year, which is very understandable considering how patient he's been over the last year and a half.
Auba doesn't suit our moronic style of play, because we take forever to pass the ball forward and therefore we're incredibly predictable when we actually do it.
This guy thrived in a direct team like Dortmund, but here he seems out of place, since the service is never going to be up to standards and always too little too late.
He also seems to be half-assed when going for the ball and gets dominated by his opponents by strength alone, which doesn't look like it's his strong point. At least for the moment.
Auba is a goalscorer, but he won't hit the same numbers as he did at Dortmund here and I hope people realize this early on. We're just not going to play him to his skill set, as usual.

say yes

forum master baiter
Why is no one getting on this guy's back?
He was awful today. Pace is one of his main attributes yet he got caught by Kompany of all people for pace.

1 - Kompany is rapid;

2- Pass was slightly behind Aubameyang so it was never a straight foot race.

Bizarre notion among modern football fans that if you’re fast you have to win every single foot race, irrespective of the circumstances. Hangover from playing too much FIFA where pace rules.

say yes

forum master baiter
The more I see of him, the more I'm beginning to realize he was a panic buy caused by Giroud complaining about lack of playing time in a WC year, which is very understandable considering how patient he's been over the last year and a half.

The more I read this post, the more I’m beginning to realise it makes absolutely no sense.

We bought a £60m / club record fee striker as a panic buy because our backup striker (having already been replaced by £50m Lacazette in the summer) wanted more playing time? :lol:

Reactions: BBF

ClubLevel

Put me down as another not convinced we will get the best of Auba with him up top alone, he either needs fast wingers next to him or balls played direct/through for him to latch onto. At the moment it's all far too slow and ponderous and by the time the ball gets to him he us surrounded by defenders. Hopefully with the season all but lost we can start to find a system for him. Even two up top would help.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
The more I read this post, the more I’m beginning to realise it makes absolutely no sense.

We bought a £60m / club record fee striker as a panic buy because our backup striker (having already been replaced by £50m Lacazette in the summer) wanted more playing time?
Yes. Laca didn't pan out as Wenger was hoping and Giroud wanted to leave, so he had to get someone of value, otherwise whatever he was hoping of getting out of this season wasn't happening without a proper goalscorer.
We sure as hell weren't going to rely as Welbeck as a backup and Auba wanted to leave Dortmund at all costs, so that's how he ended up here.
Now tell me again that it doesn't make sense.

say yes

forum master baiter
Yes. Laca didn't pan out as Wenger was hoping and Giroud wanted to leave, so he had to get someone of value, otherwise whatever he was hoping of getting out of this season wasn't happening without a proper goalscorer.
We sure as hell weren't going to rely as Welbeck as a backup and Auba wanted to leave Dortmund at all costs, so that's how he ended up here.
Now tell me again that it doesn't make sense.

That doesn’t make sense.

Reactions: BBF

IslingtonBornandbred

Seen Auba live a few times without seeing too much of him at Dortmund apart from highlights but he's obviously very quick and a good finisher but a couple of things that I've noticed is that his hold up play isn't great, his link up play isn't great, his work-rate off the ball isn't great and he's very happy to stay on the last line and not get involved.

He's obviously a good player, he wouldn't have been at Dortmund and scored the amount of goals that he has done if he wasn't but it looks like unless we can Özil closer to him and penetrate more often and play on the counter he can become very isolated.

I've seen a lot of Diego Costa, Higuain, Cavani, Aguero, Suarez and these sort of strikers give you a lot up front. They can go in behind or come deep, they can link up, they can create things. Even an RVP or Adebayor were quite complete forwards.

I don't know so far. The team's a bit dysfunctional at the moment and the quality of football we are playing is poor, especially through midfield so we'll have to wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom