• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Do you want us to sign him?

• Yes

Votes: 174 80.9%
  • No

Votes: 18 8.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 23 10.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweggeh

We don't really need someone to score spectacular goals just someone who can put away 1 in 3 of the chances Özil puts on a plate rather than 1 in 5.
Couldn't have said it any better myself. Guys like Aubameyang, Chicharito, etc., don't really score amazing goals that often but they take the chances they get. Which is what we need. Our conversion rate is dire. There isn't a single clinical player in our team, aside from Alexis when he is on form.

Özil has 16 assists but with with Aubameyang or Hernandez up front he probably would have smashed the record by now.

ALTHANDIR

Maaaan, I want this to be true soooo bad. If there's a chance it could be pulled off, it would be an absolute no brainer and would win us the league, guaranteed.

For me, Aubameyang is a better CF than both Walcott and Giroud. But even if you don't think that's the case, if Giroud gets injured, a la 2014, the title challenge is over. Having an extra CF will reduce the likelihood of that happening and provide cover if it does.

There's also no reason why you couldn't play Aubameyang out wide in a Sanchez, Giroud, Aubameyang front three. I think PEA not only gives us a better CF than our current options, but also gives us great versatility; he's like a sick Welbeck.

ALTHANDIR

Also, since Giroud has been the club, we've been linked with Benzema, Martinez, Suarez and Costa and at least a couple of those actually had bids. Wenger clearly thinks this is a position where we aren't at our best.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

We definitely bid for Suarez because he's one of the best forwards over the last 5 years, I'm talking top 5, you'd be crazy not to want him if you thought he had a reasonable buyout clause. I think the majority of the other rumours are generally nonsense. Remember when people were convinced we were definitely going to sign Balotelli for some reason? Wenger has massive faith in our current forwards, I genuinely don't think he's actively looking for replacements, unless a genuine world class opportunistic signing comes up.

ALTHANDIR

We definitely bid for Suarez because he's one of the best forwards over the last 5 years, I'm talking top 5, you'd be crazy not to want him if you thought he had a reasonable buyout clause. I think the majority of the other rumours are generally nonsense. Remember when people were convinced we were definitely going to sign Balotelli for some reason? Wenger has massive faith in our current forwards, I genuinely don't think he's actively looking for replacements, unless a genuine world class opportunistic signing comes up.

You're probably right. I'm just desperate for Wenger to see a pragmatic view of what needs to be done to close this title. Faith is not going to win us the league.

I'm pretty sure buying PEA will. But the biggest selling point for signing him is the fact that next season is going to be BRUTAL. The league is already formidably strong, with quality in all but the bottom four. Add the TV money next season, the field is going to be even more competitive. Giving PEA half a season to adapt plus a FULL pre-season with the squad will mean we have two genuine CF options.

If it can be done, Wenger would be absolutely stupid not to do it.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Just me that still regrets the whole Suarez situation? God knows how Wenger sleeps at night.

Only negative is that we would lose him in January next year because of ACON wouldn't we?

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
I don't, because ultimately who the freak could Madrid bring in to replace Benzema? The same goes for Aubameyang who the freak could Dortmund bring in to replace him mid season?

With 60m Euros they could get a top talent. Maybe Lacazette or Jesse or someone.

Sweggeh

Just me that still regrets the whole Suarez situation? God knows how Wenger sleeps at night.

Only negative is that we would lose him in January next year because of ACON wouldn't we?
Well Giroud, Walcott and Welbeck are more than good enough to hold us down for a month.

Oh_Snap

You haven't seen the Barca-Game yesterday did you? Don't want that **** in an Arsenal shirt. Insulted the keeper after Messi whipped in a free kick and was always involved in nasty stuff. Didn't stop after the game as well. He continued to insult espanyol players in the tunnel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom