• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Do you want us to sign him?

• Yes

Votes: 174 80.9%
  • No

Votes: 18 8.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 23 10.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
That's how I read it. Instead of loaning them Giroud, as was originally planned, they're giving them the same value by paying for Batshuayi. The finances of the deal come out the same this way as they would have been had Giroud gone.

But the Giroud deal is separate from the Aubameyang deal, no? Forgive me if i'm being thick, but how on Earth can Arsenal pay Batshuayi's loan fee while also selling Chelsea Giroud (somewhat under value I might add). If I may paraphrase Tr*mp, "This is a bad deal".

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
But the Giroud deal is separate from the Aubameyang deal, no? Forgive me if i'm being thick, but how on Earth can Arsenal pay Batshuayi's loan fee while also selling Chelsea Giroud (somewhat under value I might add). If I may paraphrase Tr*mp, "This is a bad deal".

Technically, they're probably not. Just including the money to cover it. But you have to look at the Aubameyang deal separately to Giroud going to Chelsea. Arsenal apparently agreed to pay them a certain amount plus Giroud on loan. When Giroud refused to go, that took the amount of the value of the loan deal out of the equation, so Dortmund would be getting less value in return for Aubameyang plus they'd be paying a fee to Chelsea for the loan of Batshuayi. Arsenal is just giving them the original value of the deal by covering Batshuayi's loan instead of Giroud's. It's the same cost to Arsenal as it would have been had Giroud made it all simple and agreed to go to Dortmund on loan.

Look at it from Dortmund's point of view. They were getting a certain amount plus a player. Suddenly they weren't getting a player. Thus the value of the deal is less to them without the player. Plus they had to go out and pay for another player. This simply evens out the value between Deal 1 and Deal 2.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Nah sack this signing off. We need the money to replace our entire defence. He won't score 5 goals in this team.

AmberHawk

Nah sack this signing off. We need the money to replace our entire defence. He won't score 5 goals in this team.
Agreed. Or just open the wallet for real and do both. Evans + Luiz is abtainable easily. Nacho can stay with 4 in the back. Put kola on the other side.

Just send Mustafi and Xhaka to the u21 and be done with them now. Koc can be sub.

ClubLevel

This season is a write off (league cup/europa aside) may as well gut out the trash players (which has been successful so far) and bed in the new players so we can hit the ground running next season.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Glad I didn't see the game (except the first 10 minutes in bonus coverage). Now I'm just going to get away from it all for the night and hopefully when I get up in the morning (about noon U.K. time) I'll feel better and be happy over the Aubameyang transfer. It would probably be too much to hope for Arsenal to use the final day of the window to bring in some help on the other end. That needs to be the focus in the summer.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Glad I didn't see the game (except the first 10 minutes in bonus coverage). Now I'm just going to get away from it all for the night and hopefully when I get up in the morning (about noon U.K. time) I'll feel better and be happy over the Aubameyang transfer. It would probably be too much to hope for Arsenal to use the final day of the window to bring in some help on the other end. That needs to be the focus in the summer.

Wouldn’t get your hopes up - you could probably track his plane back to Dortmund, about now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom