• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Do you want us to sign him?

• Yes

Votes: 174 80.9%
  • No

Votes: 18 8.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 23 10.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Token Yank

Aubameyang or Griezzman for €40m… hmm…

#welcomeantoine
I assume Aubameyang will go for cheaper than €40m and I believe Griezmann release clause is rumored at €60m. Plus we tried to sign him last year and he turned us down according to rumors.

GabeGooner

I assume Aubameyang will go for cheaper than €40m and I believe Griezmann release clause is rumored at €60m. Plus we tried to sign him last year and he turned us down according to rumors.
I guess he felt he had a better shot at titles with Atlético. Perhaps things have changed for him now.

Either way, I'd rather not spend €40m on Aubameyang – or even €30m – to be honest. I think we can do better with the money. Someone like Sterling, Roberts, Volland or Brandt would be more suited to us – although, far less realistic options (other than Patrick Roberts).

pikey2000

I really like what I saw from this guy against us, blistering pace and power, he along with others ripped us a new one.

Personally think that with a sprinkling of Wenger fairy dust he could become more consistent in front of goal and potentially a big player.

If the money is right sign him up.

Only thing is he does strike me as having a similar set of attributes to Welbeck i.e pace, power, athleticism

Lord Irvin

Looks like a good addition, perhaps more of a refined version of welbeck. Strong and fast but more regularly delivers that final ball.

would be a great squad signing but i dont see us bringing in anything but a top striker if at all this season.

Wenger loves Giroud, Theo will get a chance up front and he only bought welbeck last season so he will be still testing him to see how he develops. And of course if we need to Sanchez can play up front as we saw at times this season.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

I think hes a good player but id rather get benteke if it was a choice out of the two. Same level imo

AVENTUS

I think hes a good player but id rather get benteke if it was a choice out of the two. Same level imo

Bit slow tho ain't he. We've lacked a pacey Striker for Years. If Pierre worked on finishing and become clinical he'd be just what we need.!

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He's better than Giroud, but lets laugh at him whilst we have the worst starting striker in the top 7 teams of the PL.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

He's better than Giroud, but lets laugh at him whilst we have the worst starting striker in the top 7 teams of the PL.

He's gash in the air and takes a lot of shots for not many goals. Only thing he has over Giroud is pace.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Rubbish. Saw a lot of Dortmund last season and he was the only good thing about that side. It's like saying Walcott is all pace, nonsense.

He's actually a good finisher, surprised me up front with his movement and link up play, can see why Wenger wants him.

Nemetoss

Didn't Wenger mention this guy's transfer to Dortmund as an example of the lack of quality players available during that transfer window?Wenger doesn't seem to rate him that much.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
LOL @ 40m for Pea. Maybe when he was 10m in Ligue 1 he'd be well worth a punt. But he isn't and never will be an elite forward. I'm not even sure Wenger would start him over Giroud. If it was about half the fee that would be around £14m, then maybe as a squad player.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Didn't Wenger mention this guy's transfer to Dortmund as an example of the lack of quality players available during that transfer window?Wenger doesn't seem to rate him that much.
Can't find any quotes from Wenger about him, only Klopp saying he'd be perfect for us, got a link?

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
He's obviously not worth £40M but he's quality, I've been a huge fan of his of late. He'd do brilliantly up top for us IMO. He can play through the middle or out wide too, for a good price I'd take him happily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom