Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by MDGoonah41, Mar 9, 2013.

?

Do you want us to sign him?

1. Yes

174 vote(s)
    80.9%
  2. No

18 vote(s)
    8.4%
  3. Maybe

23 vote(s)
    10.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AVENTUS

AVENTUS Well-Known Member

2. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Knows a guy who knows an ITK at Bristol Trusted

He can imo, works well as a second striker but can also function up front. Him, Alexis and Theo could all dovetail well. I posted about it in the "do we need a striker thread."

hydrofluoric acid likes this.
  3. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Knows a guy who knows an ITK at Bristol Trusted

He has a terrible conversion rate for a supposedly top striker, he hardly wins any duels in the air either. Giroud ahead in both categories.

4. Sanchez11

Sanchez11 Everything is sh1t

Waste of money for the figures quoted. Theres some people clutching at straws on here imo

5. Pies

Pies Member

Why exactly?

6. BobP

BobP Memri Fan

Nonsense.

Already got Wele.

7. redanddread

redanddread The stone that the builders refuse

Liked the look of this guy & he's super fast & pretty skillful. 29M seems a bit much for him now & not sure why Dortmund would want to sell anyway, unless they were getting an incredibly good deal. Wenger doesn't pay over the odds, so this seems a non-starter for me.

He's a winger/striker for which we have Welbeck, Walcott & Sanchez already.

I think he'd be a good addition to the squad but this seems more rumour mongering than anything to me.

Sanchez11 and Tir Na Nog like this.
  8. USArsenal

USArsenal H.Y.I.C. Administrator

I wouldn't touch this guy at that price in 5 million years.. Half that price, maybe but for 29m.. not a chance in the pit of hell

cannonade and Rex Banter like this.
  9. bingobob

bingobob Fan of Technicians Who Show Great Character

Those players didn't feature last season bar an odd game here or there, they are not freeing up credible space. We have a packed squad we need to rid a member of the match day squad.

10. thierrytheking14

thierrytheking14 Well-Known Member

Years ago, I signed him for Arsenal when he was at still at St Ettiene. Scored bag fulls and I won back to back league titles. What are you waiting for Arsène?!

Oh wait...

That was Fifa...

redanddread and Tir Na Nog like this.
  11. GabeGooner

GabeGooner Well-Known Member

A wide forward is different to a striker and a winger. We have Sánchez as a wide forward and Chamberlain as a winger. Walcott is a striker and so is Welbeck. The only reason they operate out wide is because they're quick and are reasonably comfortable on the flank.

The fact we played Ramsey on the right when Chamberlain, Walcott and Welbeck were out injured shows our lack of depth in the position.

12. Hunta

Hunta NOT In A Caravan Trusted

Come back to see he's being compared to Gervinho, lol, just admit you've never watched him ffs.

say yes likes this.
  13. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant

he's from the same country (africa) and plays in the forward half so the gervinho comparisons make perfect sense...

Trilly and juice man like this.
  14. burnsjed

burnsjed Well-Known Member

Without wishing to sound pedantic, but Africa is actually a continent not a country.
    No one would feel a need to compare a player from Chile to Paraguay or an Italian to a Belgium would they?

Hunta likes this.
  15. Hunta

Africa is a country? PEA is nothing like Gervinho, he can actually ****ing strike a ball for starters.

16. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant

[​IMG]

thought it was sufficiently drenched in sarcasm for the internet but apparently not...

Trilly and Kingslayer like this.
  17. Bigbludfire

Bigbludfire Well-Known Member

Also black and balding.

18. burnsjed

burnsjed Well-Known Member

Sorry DanDare, that fell well short of being obviously sarcastic!
    Plenty of room for improvement!!!!!!

19. Hunta

Fair enough. -_-

20. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Prefers To Be Called Dennis

I think with little make up we could trick other teams thinking this is Neymar...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.