• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pires: My Euro battle

Ridge

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002 ... 69,00.html

Pires should be in the first team squad of his country, he had such a good form this season.

who else should play the left midfield than him? Laurent Robert? Dalmat? NO!

its great that France play Pires, Zidane, Makalele and Vieira together in the midfield. as bobby said, “The truth is I have always been versatile, which means I am switched from right to left and sometimes I’m even played in central midfield."

:evil:

quattro

i dont know who else is in the roster of the french midfield, but if its a choice between dalmat, robert and pires then pires is the obvious choice for the first XI, especially since henry will obviously be there.

Sammer

Established Member
Can´t believe that he is actually struggling to get in the 1st team squad.

I saw the french team play in november - he was just awesome, especially in combination with Titi.

lewdikris

Established Member
Dalmat has never been capped at international level...

Bobby's been in and out for France. He missed a load of time with his injury, and over that period Wiltord and Giuly took over the right hand side. Successfully.

It is quite difficult playing Bobby and Zidane in the same team. They influence games in similar ways - but if Bobby keeps up his form for this summer there's no question he'll be on the right for France this summer - he's ten times the player Wiltord or Giuly are.

Hmm, a Zidane, Vieira, Makelele, Pires midfield.... not bad is it??

Adam

Established Member
Santini believes you can't have Pires and Zidane in the same midfield.

He is very stubborn on that.

Sammer

Established Member
lewdikris said:

Can you imagine a substantially better midfield? Ok, there is Nedved....but if these guys play together in the Euro 2004, it will be awesome to watch.

Ridge

lewdikris said:
yeah, Zidane in the middle, Vieira and Makalele holding the positions, and Bobby popping up everywhere, and dont forget Thierry Henry.

i'll look forward for the Eng v Fra match. :)

Sammer

Established Member
Kind of funny for english gooners to have almost half the Arsenal-squad play your national team...

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
i think its a bunch of crap... RP will be playing in the first team come Euro.... dont let anyone kid ya... he hasnt gotten as many games since the WC because they havent really had many important games... the Euro qualifying was a joke with the teams they had to play, Confed Cup was a joke, so if i were RP, i wouldnt worry too much about it.. he's in good form now after his injury, and he will be on the 1st team come Euro 2004

JazzG

Established Member
Adam said:
Santini believes you can't have Pires and Zidane in the same midfield.

He is very stubborn on that.

He also insists on playing Vieira + Makelele in the centre. Zidane has to play and he doesn't like playing Pires out of position.

Also is Desailly still their captain, if they play him they could end up losing this competition.

Adam

Established Member
Yes he is. They must play Gallas and Silvestre as their CB's imo. Boumsong and Mexes in reserve.

At LB they have Lizerazu who can still cut it, and Thuram at RB who isn't past it aswell. Sagnol is unlucky to have Thuram ahead of him as he is a very accomplished player himself.

Mark

Established Member
i thought desailly would retire from international football after the world cup, but then he played in confederations cup and he doesn't seem to want to stop. he should really call it a day soon, he isn't looking like the player he was.

JazzG

Established Member
He is putting pressure on managers to play him when I think deep down they don't want to, well I'd like to think that is the case otherwise the mangers are idiots as well!

Arsenal Quotes

I'm obsessed by the idea of making my mark on history. And Arsenal is my paradise.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom