• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pires the diver? Or just not strong enough?

KoLo28

I think when he was about to take a throw in against blackburn and he was pushed, and he went down, i think that incident proves that it's got nothing to do with his injury. I adore pires for his skill although he's got to stop looking like a girl at times.

Adam

Established Member
Just as i thought - none! Not one penalty, not one significant, recognised moment.

The difference is that i am not prepared to label one of our players a cheat.

Wake up - Even Arsène said Pires is cautious when on the receiving end of tackles because of his injury. He is avoiding a dodgy landing. He doesn't do it because he is a cheat. I don't believe that Arsène (unlike Ferguson ala Stam autobiography) tells players to go down

Piston Broke

lewdikris said:
C'mon, let's not get technical about this. Souness is 100% right. Pires fully understands the sack of potatoes dance. If he was a **** player, or played for someone else, it would annoy me ... even for us it annoys me a little, but it's something he does, and no matter his expressed reasons, i don't see him stopping. He's getting to be an old dog, and they don't learn new tricks.

Spot on Lewdikris i love Bobby to Death but wished he would stay on his feet More

I'm Sure Manure Fans Say the Same About Van 9.5

A

Anonymous

Piston Broke said:
lewdikris said:
C'mon, let's not get technical about this. Souness is 100% right. Pires fully understands the sack of potatoes dance. If he was a **** player, or played for someone else, it would annoy me ... even for us it annoys me a little, but it's something he does, and no matter his expressed reasons, i don't see him stopping. He's getting to be an old dog, and they don't learn new tricks.

Spot on Lewdikris i love Bobby to Death but wished he would stay on his feet More

Oh dear Adam, another person who can see without blinkers.

And i gave you a moment where he went down easily before his injury, Anfield away in the double year.

And ill say it again as you seem to be conveniently overlooking the things i have said. He goes into tackles no problem and he goes down easily when his shirt is pulled or he is obstucted. Nothing to do with his injury.

You are the one who needs to wake up.

Adam

Established Member
One moment (which i can't remember) is hardly convincing, is it?

As for the other stuff; i don't remember him doing that pre-injury either. I am with Arsène on this one - his general aggression isn't what it was in 01/02 and he is still cautious. This means it affects the other facets of his game - not just the landing after tackles. He was never this bad as he is today when it comes to these things.

Feis-al

That particular game in question(Blackburn), he really was fouled on the right and the ref blatantly gave a go ahead. So it's not really Pires diving but the people who tackle him tend not to go for the leg but the entire body.

KoLo28

You think that when he was pushed just prior to taking the throw in wasn't a bit over the top?

A

Anonymous

i dont think he dives to get free-kicks or whatever he just does it to avoid injury coz when u see him do down does he ever show pain and always make claims to the ref? i cant remember see'ing many times that he makes claims

Lukazan

Established Member
Dunno if it is fair to call him a diver, but every player will dive if they are knocked and feel it is enough for them to go down and get a freekick/penalty...

Top Bottom