• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw PL: Arsenal 0 - 0 Burnley | Sunday 23rd January | KO: 14:00 GMT |

Status
Not open for further replies.
0_Arsenal-Burnley.jpg

Really bad performance last night. We need a strong reaction. We don't just need to beat this lot, we need to do it convincingly. A statement win, if you like.

But problem is even with Partey back, we're in a worse situation than we were a week ago. We are light in midfield (an understatement). Our only recognized CM is 22 year old from the Belgian league playing his first season in the league.

Let's not even talk about Arteta. Don't want his templars attacking me or sending me threats.

I think he'll go with the same Lineup today in Sunday.
This will be a twofer: Relegate Sean Dyche and get the three points.

Screenshot-20220120-231422.png

Screenshot-20220120-231355.png

Screenshot-20220120-231439.png

Like I said, I reckon Mikel will stick with the same starting XI that played the pool game. It will be interesting to see how. Lokonga and ødegaard themselves physically in midfield against those club bouncers.

Predicted Lineup

1875144_Arsenal.jpg

Last edited:

SK___

Typical Burnley performance, 10 men behind the ball, putting their bodies on the line and wasting as much time as possible. I can't fault them for it though to be honest, they are fighting for survival and in that position it's a case of 'whatever it takes'

I feel sorry for the boys and Mikel today, it's tough to break down that type of low block and we had no options at all off the bench to change anything.
weirdo

bergholt

Smith-Rowe would have to have collapsed on the field for me to put on Eddie today. How are the club really trying to renew his contract?

Yeah I don't really understand the Eddie thing - like literally no-one sees anything in him

GLITCH

Hopefully people realize we have a squad at top 6 or 7th 8th place at best thats it. we should not ask for more because we simply dont have the quality.
I have to disagree. I think the team is top 4/5 quality, but Arteta has them 6th/7th. He would probably have a lesser quality team in the danger zone.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Only good think to come out of this match, is that Burnley still have something left in them...so hopefully they can put Newcastle down this season, as I doubt Norwich or Watford can stay up.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Missed the match, hopefully watch today.

Don't...there are many better Arsenal v Burnley games alone to watch :lol:

Highlight of the game, was Mikel gesturing for the whole team to get forward in the last minute...before gesturing for them all to get back after we lost the ball, that was pretty funny.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Missed the match, hopefully watch today. The result wasn't good though, betting Arteta burn't off a few thousand calories shouting and dancing along the touchline. At least there were no more red cards.

Its the same old issue, rearing its ugly head again. Our toothless U shaped football, which Burnley reduce us to with their low block.

I think @tcahill said it somewhere, our team is designed for exploiting the spaces which come from beating the opposition press. I'd add that we are also good at pressing our opponents into mistakes or toothless football themselves. What we need is more from midfield, to essentially be able to replace Xhaka with a reliable CM who can shield the defense, keep the ball centrally and transition through the middle effectively.

If we can get Partey to do what he did against Man City consistently, and bring in another who can do the same, then we will step up to the next level.

Tom Mix

Its the same old issue, rearing its ugly head again. Our toothless U shaped football, which Burnley reduce us to with their low block.

I think @tcahill said it somewhere, our team is designed for exploiting the spaces which come from beating the opposition press. I'd add that we are also good at pressing our opponents into mistakes or toothless football themselves. What we need is more from midfield, to essentially be able to replace Xhaka with a reliable CM who can shield the defense, keep the ball centrally and transition through the middle effectively.

If we can get Partey to do what he did against Man City consistently, and bring in another who can do the same, then we will step up to the next level.
Games like yesterday's, you don't need a midfield. Hoik the ball towards their penalty area and pick up the clearances and rebounds. It will save you minutes and minutes of fruitless building from the back and energy too. If you keep them penned in for 90 minutes they will make mistakes, that's why they're bottom.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Games like yesterday's, you don't need a midfield. Hoik the ball towards their penalty area and pick up the clearances and rebounds. It will save you minutes and minutes of fruitless building from the back and energy too. If you keep them penned in for 90 minutes they will make mistakes, that's why they're bottom.

Im with you, and if you remember what we were doing yesterday... it was kinda that to me at times. We would get to the byline and then get into the box with either cutbacks or crosses. If you also remember, we would not win the aerial balls at all, not at the set piece, not at the corner, nothing.

Our most effective tactic yesterday was the overload to isolate, getting Saka into one v one situations, followed by Saka either going for goal himself, or creating space for others in the middle. We just couldnt capitalise on those moments.

We need a presence upfront to win the hoofed ball, attract players and be able to lay it off. Watching him play quite a lot this year I think Vlahovic can at least do that for starters.

GoonerBoy19

We seemed clueless apart from 15-20 mins where we actually stretched their defense. Being very slow on the ball allowed Burnley to dictate the pace. They were slowing down the game every time the ball went out of play, and we fell into the trap nicely.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Just watched the extended highlights. Pretty much it, no penetration down the centre, and certainly not enough players advancing into the box.Slow build ups. Looked to be dozens of crosses and corners only for Burnley to dominate aerially. Played into their hands

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

We seemed clueless apart from 15-20 mins where we actually stretched their defense. Being very slow on the ball allowed Burnley to dictate the pace. They were slowing down the game every time the ball went out of play, and we fell into the trap nicely.
We played with much too low tempo, especially at the start of the game. We made Burnley get into the game well and then it was always going to be harder to break them down. Bringing off ESR then killed the momentum we had. Poor in game management by Arteta I must say. He must have seen that ESR was very lively and driving the team forward at that time to get a winner.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
We played with much too low tempo, especially at the start of the game. We made Burnley get into the game well and then it was always going to be harder to break them down. Bringing off ESR then killed the momentum we had. Poor in game management by Arteta I must say. He must have seen that ESR was very lively and driving the team forward at that time to get a winner.
Think taking off ESR was a long term ploy for the greater good to give us more ammunition for signings. We will look back on it in the future as a wtershead moment in the rise of the third great empire of Arsenal FC

Or yeah, it was a p1ss poor sub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom