• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw PL: Arsenal 0 - 0 Burnley | Sunday 23rd January | KO: 14:00 GMT |

Status
Not open for further replies.
0_Arsenal-Burnley.jpg

Really bad performance last night. We need a strong reaction. We don't just need to beat this lot, we need to do it convincingly. A statement win, if you like.

But problem is even with Partey back, we're in a worse situation than we were a week ago. We are light in midfield (an understatement). Our only recognized CM is 22 year old from the Belgian league playing his first season in the league.

Let's not even talk about Arteta. Don't want his templars attacking me or sending me threats.

I think he'll go with the same Lineup today in Sunday.
This will be a twofer: Relegate Sean Dyche and get the three points.

Screenshot-20220120-231422.png

Screenshot-20220120-231355.png

Screenshot-20220120-231439.png

Like I said, I reckon Mikel will stick with the same starting XI that played the pool game. It will be interesting to see how. Lokonga and ødegaard themselves physically in midfield against those club bouncers.

Predicted Lineup

1875144_Arsenal.jpg

Last edited:

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Come off it! Tough? There's a reason why Burnley are bottom halfway through the season! They are rubbish! We had nothing on the bench and they had nothing on the pitch.

If we cannot break down this type of team at home then we really have no business talking about qualifying for the conference league let alone CL.

I make it Burnley wasted at least 20 minutes throughout the game but the amount of time we wasted playing the ball at the back probably equals that.

We knew exactly what they were going to do and yet we chose to play them as if we'd been playing Liverpool again. They must have been delighted at our dumbness.
People over react after every draw or defeat.

We tried but just couldnt find a way through.

Yes it was disappointing but it was one of those games that simply can happen sometimes.
We are a young side & as you can see we simply dont have squad for champions league at the moment.
Long way to go top 4 is possible however top 6 has always been my realistic aim this season.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Getting roasted by man who legally can't go near his last girl, or else he will get arrested.

@GDeep™ DT, over here with the jokes.

Tom Mix

People over react after every draw or defeat.

We tried but just couldnt find a way through.

Yes it was disappointing but it was one of those games that simply can happen sometimes.
We are a young side & as you can see we simply dont have squad for champions league at the moment.
Long way to go top 4 is possible however top 6 has always been my realistic aim this season.
We can only react to what we see in the game. This is not about the season, it's about 90 dismal minutes against a team we should really have beaten comfortably. Not only was there no Plan B, there wasn't much of a Plan A. I think Pope made one save which wasn't routine. We have to have far more tactical variety and more flexibility during games. What is the point of the manager spending every game shouting and gesturing on the touchline if it doesn't change anything on the pitch?

Now that we are out of all the cups failure to qualify for Europe should really bring some kind of change. If in a season where only one team has shone a club the size of Arsenal, with the squad we have, free from European commitments and with no other playing commitments from mid-January, cannot qualify for Europe then there is no progress and a change is needed.

nas7232

Limited options on the bench for arteta. The squad is pretty crap besides the first 11. Man City didn’t beat Southampton but they shouldn’t sack their manager. I’ve never been a pro arteta but there has been some decent improvement especially at the back

Tom Mix

What is abundantly clear, and it has been all along, that even with some of our young midfielders picking up goals here and there, we need a goal-scorer in this team. We have one called Auba, who's had a poor season, but he is currently ostracized. Laca, with all his good points, is never going to be that player now and neither is Nketiah. Hopefully Martinelli can step up but without a guy knocking in 15/20 goals a season we will at times struggle, like today, to put away vastly inferior opponents.

bergholt

Goals per game

Aug 1.5 - 6 goals in 4 games
Sep 2.0 - 8 goals in 4 games
Oct 1.8 - 9 goals in 5 games
Nov 1.0 - 3 goals in 3 games
Dec 3.1 - 22 goals in 7 games
Jan 0.2 - 1 goal in 5 games

What a terrible month

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Goals per game

What a terrible month
If you remove the League Cup away win at WBA, then August is a big fat 0.0

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Goals per game

What a terrible month

Had no real hope at the start of the season, compared to now...so even though August was awful, Jan feels much worse.

Especially after going goal crazy in my birthday month, lovely stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom