• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win PL: Arsenal 2 - 0 Newcastle United | Saturday 27th November | KO: 12:30 GMT | BT Sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Its functional but I dont think its sustainable if we are looking to push for a top four spot.

We need to get our attack more effective, grinding out wins will not get you through the required wins.
We dominated them. It wasn't fluid in the first half but the second was much better. A few sitters were missed that could have opened the floodgates earlier and it could have been 4 or 5 in that case.

I think we need stop holding this team to an attacking standard we are yet to hit and accept that, at best, we'll hopefully get there one day. In the meantime, we have to be professional, take what points are on offer and move on to the next test.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
nice easy win... pleased for Nuno & good game from Saka

if Arteta can find an upgrade on Laca / Ødegaard be it internally or in Jan this team could really kick on

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
We dominated them. It wasn't fluid in the first half but the second was much better. A few sitters were missed that could have opened the floodgates earlier and it could have been 4 or 5 in that case.

I think we need stop holding this team to an attacking standard we are yet to hit and accept that, at best, we'll hopefully get there one day. In the meantime, we have to be professional, take what points are on offer and move on to the next test.

Agreed with your second paragraph, we are still to do more with our attack to really be able to see what Arteta is trying to do. In the meantime, playing to our strengths and getting the results needed is what matters most.

As for the domination, I would say we controlled the game for large parts. I dont think we are there yet in terms of converting that control into dominance, but again its enough to get results against 85% of the league.

I think though, to give ourselves a fighting chance, we need a more consistent attack. Do that and I think we could sneak into the CL come season's end.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
United and Everton games will tell us a lot.

Will they though? To get top 4 I don't necessarily think you have to go into every big away game and get a massive performance or result. Your man was the master of this. Wenger consistently beat all of the dross and we were basically aways in or within a few points of top 4.

mirrorstares

Not impressive at all. It was clearly an individual quality difference, nothing else

They don't have a Saka (who took full charge rebelling against our boring tactics), they don't have a player that can get a perfect touch on the ball like Martinelli did after one of their many hoofball attempts. Other than that we were sterile and painful to watch.

We also had the ref eating from the palm of our hand since minute 1, which helped us a bit in the first half.

As for Howe and Newcastle I think he got the right idea between being aware of how bad his defense is and implementing his style, but with the more intense game it was expected the team was going to drop in the 2nd half. If he can figure out how to get the best of both Almiron and Shelvey they shouldn't have a lot of trouble escaping relegation

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I'd call that a professional sort of win.

Newcastle look a bit better under Howe but it's the sort of game you'd be fuming if we dropped points. They're not good.

If Saka starts adding goals to his game, we've basically got the complete wide man on our hands. Thought Tavares and ESR did well too. Auba dodgy. Nice cameo from Martinelli and a lovely goal. Tomi very good too.

Man Utd and Everton are going to be a better barometer of where we are as a side though. 4 points or better and we're looking pretty decent.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Could swear the Newcastle assistant was saying how we were coming to the Emirates to attack us and win, then proceed to park the bus and not create anything really.

Steve Bruce would be proud!

Tom Mix

Better in the second half. Both goals were little gems, need more Martinelli before his agent decides they've had enouch.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
How the **** can we be only 6 points behind the machine that is Chelsea? :lol:
You are so desperate for Arteta to get into the top 4 to vindicate all your anger at just being in the top 4. :lol:

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Classic Arsenal Arteta offensive performance 23 shots only 6 on target lol that like 25%☠️.

Good news we having shots and chances the only remain is hit target
That's cause most shots are coming from distance and the fullbacks are taking them. Our best players are not getting the ball in the right positions. Saka was literally having to dribble past 2-3 players to get into a shooting position until the 1st goal which was a good move.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Martinelli's goal reminded me of Arshavin's finish against Everton in 2011 but even better cause it was coming over his shoulder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom