• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win PL: Arsenal 2 - 1 Fulham | Saturday 27th August 2022 | KO 17:30 BST | SKY SPORTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

1661199887742.png
Another one on Sky as the world can’t wait to see our finest Swiss chocolate football but can we make it 4 W’s on the bounce:

361E8268-036F-496A-9D54-FD3012CDC705.jpeg

Last 3 games for Fulham:

23F98B1F-2AF8-4F7F-8E4B-86E8AA173B24.jpeg

With their main dangerman being Mitrovic, it will be interesting to see how Saliba deals with him as he’s on hot form right now (Palhinha has looked very solid too):

2975C92B-A7FF-4B6A-A37C-D6C186233179.jpeg

The team picks itself, so I don’t see any reason to change unless there are injury concerns. We’ll have too much for Fulham and Gabriel Jesus will score 2 in this one imo.

Going for a 3-0 win with Leno helping our title charge with an OG 🔴⚪

tumblr_oansl4VSwC1tf8a5ao1_500.gif

Last edited:

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Lol. Oh yeah, so what made you write this in the match thread.

This is clearly an uncalled for swipe at Wenger to praise Arteta. You either can’t get over the fact that Wenger did on a shoe string what Arteta hasn’t been able to do without a stack of money or you’re just a WUM trying to kick off another Wenger debate.
Lmao if you think that post means hating Wenger then I fear for you, for real. Like serious thing going on.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

I've sent the carrier pigeon, will let you know when I hear back.

At least Laura's got our back, good lass.

Watch out Laura or Keys might hit back with one of those sexist comments that got him sacked by Sky.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

The dumbest thing in all of this is that IMO the celebrations by the players and staff att full time were pretty subdued, except Gabriel maybe but he had a reason for it. Far off from what the Sp*rs players did after drawing with Chelsea and none of these mugs said a word about that. The players just high fived eachother, thanked the refs and the oppositon, applauded the fans, Arteta cracked a smile and that was it. Is that what counts as "celebrating like you've won the title" nowadays?

Slug457

I've sent the carrier pigeon, will let you know when I hear back.

At least Laura's got our back, good lass.

Richard works with Wenger btw, and was very much pro Wenger back in the days when near everyone was screaming for him to get out, and having watched quite a bit of him/Andy on Bein anytime they cover Arsenal, you can tell he has sort of reveled in our decline post Weng in the sense that it vindicates his view, "the fans get what they deserve, you booted out your greatest manager' sort of stuff. Wenger goes along with absolutely non of it, he's tried baiting him into criticism of Arteta a few times and he swipes it away, often defending him if anything.

Would explain his weird criticism of fans celebrating a victory, perhaps fears we are on the rise again.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You brought Arsène into the match thread my one eyed chum🤪

Its just a simple fact that Arsène walked into the best back 5 in Arsenal history🤣.

Maybe we should admire ur unswerving desire to bring Arsène into every thread on the forum without fail?

I mean I'm sure if you went on a cooking msg board you would find a way to say that Arsène would have iced the buns better & make wonderful cakes without having to spend on ingredients!!🤣😜
Oh no I didn’t bring him up, I suggest you re-read it, with two eyes. And it’s not a simple fact, he worked hard to improve that back line and the stats clearly show he did. And what’s more when he broke them up his new back line was much better.

Try reading a bit about it, I suggest.

Did Wenger owe his success to George Graham, as we are often told? | Untold Arsenal: Supporting the club, the manager and the team

Slug457

Richard works with Wenger btw, and was very much pro Wenger back in the days when near everyone was screaming for him to get out, and having watched quite a bit of him/Andy on Bein anytime they cover Arsenal, you can tell he has sort of reveled in our decline post Weng in the sense that it vindicates his view, "the fans get what they deserve, you booted out your greatest manager' sort of stuff. Wenger goes along with absolutely non of it, he's tried baiting him into criticism of Arteta a few times and he swipes it away, often defending him if anything.

Would explain his weird criticism of fans celebrating a victory, perhaps fears we are on the rise again.
Jeez, having now just listened to the full clip it's exactly as I thought, "I think this tells me how far they've falllen, Arsène Wenger would have been howled out the Arena if his team had scraped a 2-1 win" :lol:

Keys is a actual real living example of someone who wants Arsenal to continue to fail so he can be vindicated on his views on Wenger/wants the fans to suffer for the WOB campaign, next time any of us guys are slightly critical of Arteta in anyway and you spam us with 'you want the team to fail' BS go spam Richard Keys twitter instead.

Although i'll say this, i'd rather watch 10 hours of Rich/Andy/Weng in discussion than 10 mins of Carragher/Neville/Souness, it's like night and day :lol:

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Oh no I didn’t bring him up, I suggest you re-read it, with two eyes. And it’s not a simple fact, he worked hard to improve that back line and the stats clearly show he did. And what’s more when he broke them up his new back line was much better.

Try reading a bit about it, I suggest.

Did Wenger owe his success to George Graham, as we are often told? | Untold Arsenal: Supporting the club, the manager and the team
Ok perhaps that's fair enough but you had to react as you always do.
Note: It only seems to be you on the forum who makes pretty much everything about Arsène.

😁Lol as a new manager with a rebuild to undertake Arteta has done a decent job as Graham did in his 1st hundred league games .

I & no one with a brain should ever dispute Arsène did great things👍

FYI You can also find plenty of articles from untold Arsenal praising what Arteta has done. Perhaps I could respectfully suggest you read them 😁.

You could perhaps try to simply support the team now & not regurgitate constantly?🤔

Otherwise don't be surprised if from time to time you are labelled as Mr mono vision & a one trick bore horse stuck in the past on here.

Last edited:

Arson Finger

Arteta blatantly grinned after we won the match! It was clearly caught on camera. You can see almost all of his upper teeth! That is WAY out of line.
If you beat Fulham, you aren't allowed to smile big enough to show any teeth, everyone knows that. You can do at MOST a tight grin, as long as your overall expression displays a lack of satisfaction. Arteta's wild celebration went way over the line.

The rules are simple: if you defeat a mid-table club, you can smile faintly, enough to show the bottom of the front four upper teeth at most. Beat a Top-4 rival, you can grin a bit, but not show ALL the upper teeth! That kind of wild celebration is only allowed if you win the league or the Champion's League.
Arteta going wild and grinning like that is an affront to every English citizen. Won't someone please think of the children??

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Ok perhaps that's fair enough but you had to react as you always do.
Note: It only seems to be you on the forum who makes pretty much everything about Arsène.

😁Lol as a new manager with a rebuild to undertake Arteta has done a decent job as Graham did in his 1st hundred league games .

I & no one with a brain should ever dispute Arsène did great things👍

FYI You can also find plenty of articles from untold Arsenal praising what Arteta has done. Perhaps I could respectfully suggest you read them 😁.

You could perhaps try to simply support the team now & not regurgitate constantly?🤔

Otherwise don't be surprised if from time to time you are labelled as Mr mono vision & a one trick bore horse stuck in the past on here.
Just an honest poster trying to sweep up bs and support his team. 😎

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Just finished watching the match again, a few thoughts. Also if you don't like ****ty jokes/puns, this post isn't for you.

El Neny progressed the ball a reasonable amount, recycled possession effortlessly at times and played prettier triangles than a Freemason's meeting. The doom squad saying he only passes sideways must have been watching a different game. Hereon I will be calling him El Xavi™.

Xhaka showed how adaptable he is by playing with a different DM/LB and still pulled out a good performance, also allowed El Xavi™ to do the Regista stuff that he's better at while Xhaka played a more B2B role to the benefit of the team and El Xavi™. El Xavi™ looked excellent with one touch, two touch and generally playing his way out of the Fulham press. Probably still need a CM but he'll be fine in these sorts of matches for rotation.

Saka actually had a fantastic first half, watching it again without the emotion he and Ødegaard were toying with Robinson at times and created a lot of dangerous positions. Benefit of a second look. Saka/Ødegaard also seem to have a bit of a left footed right side bromance brewing, which makes our attack more unpredictable given how the Xhaxis of Gabivil™ (Xhaka-Zinchenko-Martinelli) is where we're generally creating a lot of momentum on the left. Allows us to switch play quickly and still have potency on both sides.

Tierney looked like a fish out of water, hopefully he can improve but its obvious the inverted LB role doesn't suit him. Perhaps Tets needs to look at this and look to progress down the right hand side more when Tierney plays.

Jesus is far stronger on the ball than I thought he was. He (and Martinelli) have massively underrated hold up play and when combined with their qualities on the ball makes them extremely difficult to defend against.

Lastly, Jesus/Ødegaard/Saka/Martinelli insistance on pressing as soon as a ball is lost gives the midfield/defence a much better chance of winning the ball back quickly and high up the pitch, keeping the pressure up on the opposition, and it lead to a bunch of turnovers against Fulham and at times they couldn't get out of their own half.

One thing I felt at the time and still do, the 2-1 score flattered Fulham and it could easily have been 5 had a few things gone our way. Got Fulham fans telling me we were lucky today :lol: think even they know we battered them start to finish.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom