• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win PL: Arsenal 2 - 1 Fulham | Saturday 27th August 2022 | KO 17:30 BST | SKY SPORTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

1661199887742.png
Another one on Sky as the world can’t wait to see our finest Swiss chocolate football but can we make it 4 W’s on the bounce:

361E8268-036F-496A-9D54-FD3012CDC705.jpeg

Last 3 games for Fulham:

23F98B1F-2AF8-4F7F-8E4B-86E8AA173B24.jpeg

With their main dangerman being Mitrovic, it will be interesting to see how Saliba deals with him as he’s on hot form right now (Palhinha has looked very solid too):

2975C92B-A7FF-4B6A-A37C-D6C186233179.jpeg

The team picks itself, so I don’t see any reason to change unless there are injury concerns. We’ll have too much for Fulham and Gabriel Jesus will score 2 in this one imo.

Going for a 3-0 win with Leno helping our title charge with an OG 🔴⚪

tumblr_oansl4VSwC1tf8a5ao1_500.gif

Last edited:

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Couldn't watch Gabriel’s celebrations. The way Leno fell to the floor and how the ref was acting seemed certain to be overturned.
I thought so too until I saw in the replay Leno just flopped like he does pretty often 😹

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Great result. Other teams will make a resurgence. I think the next phase of our transition will be how we go from feeling the need to throw on 5 CBs to hold on to a 1 goal lead against Fulham to throwing on another AM to kill them off.
This comment is a bit off bro. Who throws on another AM after going ahead in the 85th minute? We already were playing ultra attacking with 3 defenders from minute 60 and Martinelli/Saka occupying the left back space. Tomi came on to rectify that after going ahead, then Holding for the injury time aerial bombardment.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Shouldve gotten Bruno G last january. Would be in Champions League and only need a winger to complete the squad.
I think we got the fear and didn't want to risk another big fee on a Ligue Une player.

General trend in our transfer business has been PL signings or relatively speaking low fees on oversees players. Exception is Ødegaard who cost 30m plus but we had him on loan and knew what he could do.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
This comment is a bit off bro. Who throws on another AM after going ahead in the 85th minute? We already were playing ultra attacking with 3 defenders from minute 60 and Martinelli/Saka occupying the left back space. Tomi came on to rectify that after going ahead, then Holding for the injury time aerial bombardment.

Strikes me as letting perfect be the enemy of good tbh.

sdotzdot

Established Member
Every game is important but at some point we’ve got to figure out how to move through the gears more effectively. This isn’t us going 1 up with 5 minutes to go at Anfield, it’s a newly promoted side at home.

I’m nitpicking here - it’s about how we evolve not necessarily resolve.
We have definitely had an issue in the past with going too defensive after going 1-0 up but it’s slowly been ironed out of our game imo.

However, when you’re trying to maintain a 100% record and you finally take the lead with 5 minutes to go it doesn’t matter if it’s the champions of england or the bottom of the table championship team. You 100% sure up the defence and lock in the victory.

I agree with your overall point, just thought it was a strange time to bring it up.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Every game is important but at some point we’ve got to figure out how to move through the gears more effectively. This isn’t us going 1 up with 5 minutes to go at Anfield, it’s a newly promoted side at home.

I’m nitpicking here - it’s about how we evolve not necessarily resolve.
We have to play well enough to be beating newly promoted sides by 2+ goals at home. If we haven't because of injuries, or some other reason(its usually injuries) then shoring up the defence is the way to go.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
We need two midfielders more than we need a winger or a striker. Our midfield needs both an attack minded mid and a guy that can slot into DM. Gos forbid Ode gets hurt we will have zero service to the forwards. And we are also one Partey injury from Farmer Mo starting. We don’t need a forward but we do need 2 midfielders
There's Vieira but I still don't know if he's going to play as well as or instead of Ode. A number 6 type would be my priority if we can only get one player.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
There's Vieira but I still don't know if he's going to play as well as or instead of Ode. A number 6 type would be my priority if we can only get one player.
I agree defensive cover is more crucial but there are players out there like Xinchenko that can play both as a mid and fullback, or play as a mid and winger. We need a couple of those guys. We need 2 good footballers who can play multiple positions one in the attack sense and one defensively; both should be principally midfielders. Viera could be great, but it is a lot to put teams fortune on his shoulders and he to is versatile and can play wide as well. Point is that we need depth and Swiss Army knife type players after failing in one competition, and having European football this season.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I agree defensive cover is more crucial but there are players out there like Xinchenko that can play both as a mid and fullback, or play as a mid and winger. We need a couple of those guys. We need 2 good footballers who can play multiple positions one in the attack sense and one defensively; both should be principally midfielders. Viera could be great, but it is a lot to put teams fortune on his shoulders and he to is versatile and can play wide as well. Point is that we need depth and Swiss Army knife type players after failing in one competition, and having European football this season.
Agree on the type of player but just no idea who. We have three days to get someone 🙏

Halcyon Daze

Think this'll be tougher than the last few games, just have a feeling. let's go for 2-1 and 4th win in a row.
🔥. You play what’s in front of you. End of. Expect a scrappy win against Villa. Yanited first real test. Palace away I’m not counting, tough first game away in the opener but first game is a lottery, bit of a touch there.

Halcyon Daze

Asencio-attack Swiss Army knife played a lot midfield

Mckennie: Juventus can buy for 35 million can play fullback, winger or box to box or as defensive mid
- Asenccio against our model, not age, but horrific injury record.
- McKennie, nope, American. Too much risk.
- Let’s talk about risk. Wilf. None. 3 solid years in him, 3 year contract. Done.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
- Asenccio against our model, not age, but horrific injury record.
- McKennie, nope, American. Too much risk.
- Let’s talk about risk. Wilf. None. 3 solid years in him, 3 year contract. Done.
We need cover those are two suggestions. I don’t care what geographic location Mckennie popped out his mama I only care that I think he is a good guy for the money. It could be others but we need most help directed at midfield

Halcyon Daze

We need cover those are two suggestions. I don’t care what geographic location Mckennie popped out his mama I only care that I think he is a good guy for the money. It could be others but we need most help directed at midfield
Whilst we’re having this conversation, Spam sign Pacqueta. By all accounts a hybrid who can cover positions. I mean, media taking about title contenders, but we actually just started Elneny because TP (again) was injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom