• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win PL: Arsenal 2 - 1 Leeds | Sunday 8th May | KO: 14:00 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

We welcome Leeds to town knowing that the **** have lost to Liverpool at Anfield (praying for a battering🤞🏾) and possibly Chelsea against Wolves.

Win this and we go 5 points clear and it’ll be Partey Szn in the NLD. We’ll be dancing at the Lane or whatever that sh*thole is called nowadays:

FRsGpGfaAAEEXfM

Pending 🔜

Last edited by a moderator:

Fabregasm

I'd like to point out to all the people bashing Pepe, that Nketiah looked similarly poor until Arteta finally gave him a run of games. Now look at the difference a bit of confidence has given him! Pepe thrives on confidence as well, and has been very poorly managed. That's on Arteta.

So you gonna field Pepe like Nuno and let them mess up game after game in order for them to find their "groove" and "confidence"?

We have to come to term Pepe is a good player but he's just not suited for Arteta team style or management. I can see him lighting up the Seria A or La Liga on fire but just not with us unfortunately...

Let's play Aubamawang

He looked pretty much the same in AFCON after a sweet run of games under a different manager. Riddle me that?
Well I would imagine a year of being shunned at club level is going to have an impact initially. Plus it would have been in pretty hot conditions. He produced the goods when needed though, didn't he?

I'm not saying he shouldn't try harder, as he should, but you can see he has no confidence left at all. Arteta said nice things about him after Afcon only to leave him on the bench unused.

Let's play Aubamawang

So you gonna field Pepe like Nuno and let them mess up game after game in order for them to find their "groove" and "confidence"?

We have to come to term Pepe is a good player but he's just not suited for Arteta team style or management. I can see him lighting up the Seria A or La Liga on fire but just not with us unfortunately...
Well you don't just start them. You start with 30 minutes off the bench then work from there. He wasn't even bringing him on.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
I'd like to point out to all the people bashing Pepe, that Nketiah looked similarly poor until Arteta finally gave him a run of games. Now look at the difference a bit of confidence has given him! Pepe thrives on confidence as well, and has been very poorly managed. That's on Arteta.

What a silly logic. Nketiah and pepe are very different players. And pepe has been given runs and shown less than nketiah. Like it or not too, standards are higher for Pepe with his price tag and experience. Nice try at using Arteta’s success with Nketiah as a stick to beat Arteta with. Pepe is paid 4 times more than Nketiah and continues to be one of our worst performers. Gtfoh

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Did anyone else hear the commentator just before the match kicked off say... "Arsenal v Leeds, normally you would expect these two teams to be on the same level, but here they both are"

When the **** was the last time Leeds were on our level, 2002...even then that's a big stretch, in terms of history and trophies :lol:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Should have won by more, but the good thing is we are getting chances to miss now.

We are just getting better and better, as a team.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Funny how people are quick to highlight Arteta’s alleged mismanagement, but aren’t calling Pepe out on a lack of professionalism.

Even if you want to leave, you’re still supposed to give your all whilst your at the club no? He came on today and did **** all. We don’t owe him anything, we broke the bank to get him here and he hasn’t even had 5 good games on the bounce.

I’m just glad we can fetch a fee for him.
This is something I find funny also. Pepe is after all a professional football player that practices his trade every day. Just because he isn't playing doesn't mean he just be on the beach mentally.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

No, you should go for it. I actually have a very good feeling about that game. I just can imagine Granit being all ready and steady for that one. And, not only him.

Xhaka MOTM hopefully so the A-M haters can go back into hiding.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

In hindsight I think in the 2nd half after the red card the players might have had the NLD on Thursday on their mind given the match situation and we also perhaps wanted to conserve some energy for that game, so while that's not good I don't think it's a worrying sign how the game ended going into the NLD.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Awful performance since our goals. I'm not happy one bit.

Xhaka, Saka and Cedric were dog ****.

Martinelli is a talent but wasteful and pisses me off.

We need to sign a top wide forward in addition to a centre forward.

Well done to Eddie.

Arteta's football is so bad when the few moves we rehearse between a handful of players don't come off.

He may drag us into top 4 but no way are we ever challenging for the title under him.
Living up to that tagline I see.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Well I would imagine a year of being shunned at club level is going to have an impact initially. Plus it would have been in pretty hot conditions. He produced the goods when needed though, didn't he?

I'm not saying he shouldn't try harder, as he should, but you can see he has no confidence left at all. Arteta said nice things about him after Afcon only to leave him on the bench unused.
Dusted username :D;)

Pepe is & will always be frustrating/inconsistent , He is an experienced pro,
Unfortunate FACTS are you could play him every single week & never trust him like you do Saka.

ALTHOUGH he is capable of brilliance
Face it we got mega rinsed after 1 decent season in the french lg.
He is not consistent enough to play week in, week out & cost far too much money to be a backup/impact sub.
Will be lucky to get a third of what we paid for him.

6666Louis

Fair to say that the Pepe discussion is a litmus test of whether you understand football and what’s required at a top pl club

Pepe is amazing at all the qualities a kid fancies: tricks, speed, shooting but **** at all the qualities needed at arsenal: football iq, accountability, defensive positioning and running

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom