• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win PL: Arsenal 2 - 1 Leeds | Sunday 8th May | KO: 14:00 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

We welcome Leeds to town knowing that the **** have lost to Liverpool at Anfield (praying for a batteringšŸ¤žšŸ¾) and possibly Chelsea against Wolves.

Win this and we go 5 points clear and itā€™ll be Partey Szn in the NLD. Weā€™ll be dancing at the Lane or whatever that sh*thole is called nowadays:

FRsGpGfaAAEEXfM

Pending šŸ”œ

Last edited by a moderator:

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted šŸ”»
Well done to the boys as far as the result is concerned. I hoped we'd blitz them in the first half when they went down to 10 but you look at the stats and they're great but the game was still potentially in the balance. I hope we improve this next seaspn but for now, I'll take beating Sp**s by a single goal on Thursday and then enjoyng the rest of the season šŸ™

Tom Mix

That was a very poor second half. A better team, or even an 11 man Leeds, would have gone away with something.

At 2-0 w were coasting, Ayling's awful tackle and they are down to 10 on 37 and you thought the floodgates had to open, and they should have. But they didn't.

Instead we find ourselves clinging on to a 2-1 win and nearly dropping two points in injury time which would probably have ended our CL chances.

Sorry but not confident for the Newcastle and Everton games. We cannot break down a 10 man team with one of the worst defensive histories in the history of the Premier League I have no reason to believe that we will do anything but struggle to break down two teams who will only be interested in defending against us. I am hopeful we get this thing done but I am not confident.

Let's play Aubamawang

Dusted username :D;)

Pepe is & will always be frustrating/inconsistent , He is an experienced pro,
Unfortunate FACTS are you could play him every single week & never trust him like you do Saka.

ALTHOUGH he is capable of brilliance
Face it we got mega rinsed after 1 decent season in the french lg.
He is not consistent enough to play week in, week out & cost far too much money to be a backup/impact sub.
Will be lucky to get a third of what we paid for him.
You don't like Peep Show? I'm confused as to what your problem is with my username.

No, he was never worth Ā£70m. On that we can agree. But if he wasn't going to play him then he should have sent him on loan so we could try to get a better price for him. Pepe riding the bench doesn't benefit anyone in the long run.

Henry boi

Nobody would have predicted Sp**s were one last minute chance away from getting 3 points at Anfield.
Nobody would have predicted a 10 man Leeds could be one last minute chance from getting a point against us.

It suits us down to the wire that both situations were the result of teams sitting back and breaking fast. If we can keep things tight until midway through the second half against Sp**s their nerves will only go up as they have to take the initiative and we can afford to take more risks going forward when the spaces open up. The problem is both Kane and Son are capable of their 'moments' so our tactics can only do so much and we'll need to ride our luck a bit more with them not producing that. I'd be tempted to have Saka at wingback since he's our only player that can realistically trouble Son both offensively and defensively giving him far more work to do thus limiting his impact going forward. It's going to be a real emotional rollercoaster either way though, almost like the Amazon producers are literally writing this script.
Think Saka is now just a full on offensive player, he kinda hates defending nowadays.

Henry boi

That was a very poor second half. A better team, or even an 11 man Leeds, would have gone away with something.

At 2-0 w were coasting, Ayling's awful tackle and they are down to 10 on 37 and you thought the floodgates had to open, and they should have. But they didn't.

Instead we find ourselves clinging on to a 2-1 win and nearly dropping two points in injury time which would probably have ended our CL chances.

Sorry but not confident for the Newcastle and Everton games. We cannot break down a 10 man team with one of the worst defensive histories in the history of the Premier League I have no reason to believe that we will do anything but struggle to break down two teams who will only be interested in defending against us. I am hopeful we get this thing done but I am not confident.

Scenarios will be different in those games which means the approach will be different, you can't look at how one game played out and predict how the others will turn out, it doesn't work like that. Today we played well for the most part but became careless in our approach. Look at how we lost three winnable games in a row but that had no barring on us beating Chelsea away then United and West ham.

Henry boi

With regards to the Sp**s game get Tomi to man mark Son and Gabriel and Holding to be tight on Kane than the rest should be simple. For all the Kulu love I feel he is too slow at times and can be marked out of a game easily. He had no influence whatsoever against Liverpool

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
3 points is all that matters at this stage. Ideally should have scored more, and this is a well-known criticism of Arteta and our team, but Leeds never troubled us (as they shouldn't being a man down) apart from the corner. Just have to avoid defeat at Sp**s and everything should be smooth sailing.

bergholt

You don't like Peep Show? I'm confused as to what your problem is with my username.

No, he was never worth Ā£70m. On that we can agree. But if he wasn't going to play him then he should have sent him on loan so we could try to get a better price for him. Pepe riding the bench doesn't benefit anyone in the long run.

Numberwang is from That Mitchell and Webb Look, not Peep Show?

Tom Mix

3 points is all that matters at this stage. Ideally should have scored more, and this is a well-known criticism of Arteta and our team, but Leeds never troubled us (as they shouldn't being a man down) apart from the corner. Just have to avoid defeat at Sp**s and everything should be smooth sailing.
We were a whisker away from dropping two points in injury time. That would have been pretty troubling.

There seems to be this idea that our results are all down to perfect planning, as though somehow we'd decided we were going to win the game 2-1 and we did. Not so. We overwhelmed them, took a two goal lead which didn't flatter us and then saw them go down to 10 men. We should have destroyed them and it was no conscious decision that we didn't. We took the foot off the pedal, were over-complicated in attack, did not adjust our formation or style and created too few chances.

To effectively lose out to a beaten team over nearly 70 minutes is an indictment of how clueless we were once we thought we had the game won and it nearly cost us. No one at the stadium would agree with the idea that we were never troubled.

bergholt

Fair to say that the Pepe discussion is a litmus test of whether you understand football and whatā€™s required at a top pl club

Pepe is amazing at all the qualities a kid fancies: tricks, speed, shooting but **** at all the qualities needed at arsenal: football iq, accountability, defensive positioning and running

He's the sort of player you sign in Football Manager for your entire transfer budget and sit there hoping he's going to score all the goals on his own, and then he doesn't.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
We were a whisker away from dropping two points in injury time. That would have been pretty troubling.

There seems to be this idea that our results are all down to perfect planning, as though somehow we'd decided we were going to win the game 2-1 and we did. Not so. We overwhelmed them, took a two goal lead which didn't flatter us and then saw them go down to 10 men. We should have destroyed them and it was no conscious decision that we didn't. We took the foot off the pedal, were over-complicated in attack, did not adjust our formation or style and created too few chances.

To effectively lose out to a beaten team over nearly 70 minutes is an indictment of how clueless we were once we thought we had the game won and it nearly cost us. No one at the stadium would agree with the idea that we were never troubled.
I don't disagree that we should have seen the game out more comfortably, but at this stage of the season, 3 points is all that matters. Pretty much all of our victories during our current winning streak have been unconvincing, but whatever, I'll take it.

There's only three games left, and most are banged up and bruised. We're just trying to squeak over the line. There's not going to be any drastic change in performance from which we showed throughout the course of the season.

As for now, as long as we get top 4, I'll have no complaints. Don't get me wrong, I still have major doubts over whether he's the one to lead us to success, but I'll be more critical of our performances and of him next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom