• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win PL: Arsenal 3 - 1 Tottenham | Sunday 26th September | KO: 16:30 | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

baccy_man

Established Member
That was a brilliant game today in the first half we looked like a team from the past we played the quick passing attacking football we had 70% possession and we made it pay in this game,
This is the sort of play we have been missing and if we can reproduce that type of play regularly we are soon going to be getting towards the top of the table,
I don't think we missed Pepe, the other players were playing so well.
Ramsdale, was great telling the players what he wanted we have not had a keeper that commands his box like that for a while.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
There was one big difference today. The two wide players behind Auba were technical players rather than straight out wingers. That changed the dynamic of how we moved forward and kept the ball.
Thats why I think Wenger would turn Pepe in an striker instead of a winger.

To me, Pepe in the right makes him only cut inside, restricting his game and mind. He is not Robben who was unstoppable doing that. Pepe looked much better in the left like and old fashioned left winger. But him as striker could be possible.

He is probably being sold next summer as one of the most underwhelming signings.

Vanpayslip

Thats why I think Wenger would turn Pepe in an striker instead of a winger.

To me, Pepe in the right makes him only cut inside, restricting his game and mind. He is not Robben who was unstoppable doing that. Pepe looked much better in the left like and old fashioned left winger. But him as striker could be possible.

He is probably being sold next summer as one of the most underwhelming signings.

It’s funny you mention Wenger because I always think of him when the subject of wide players in the modern game comes up. I remember Ljunberg as a player saying he signed and turned up at Arsenal and was baffled he wasn’t a central midfielder. Arsène told him apparently something along the lines of - ‘be a central midfielder towards the end of your career but for now you are going to have good opportunities out wide’. That principle still exists really because if you want to dominate then you don’t really want wingers that are hugging the outer parts of the pitch but technical players that are willing to move around the pitch and also be more intelligent in general play.

Sadly, I agree with your assessment of Pepe. Sadly because I think he joined the wrong club. He’s just not suited to playing in a team where he isn’t the main guy because he doesn’t bring enough to justify himself.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
There was one big difference today. The two wide players behind Auba were technical players rather than straight out wingers. That changed the dynamic of how we moved forward and kept the ball.
💯 Spot on.

Reactions: A_G

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
We’ve handed over the 3 losses in a row streak to Sp**s now. Arteta deserves full credit for this win and the team was amazing despite having the disadvantage of playing with Xhaka for the first hour.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Delli Alli in v Partey today...

PREDATOR_2_DISC1_04_Title_1_00010.jpg

Justin1986

We have a supporter here, the kind of people who doesn't use his brain to think, only feelings.

Constructive criticism is a thing you know? I can agree with him, Saka and ESR should get more rest, if they get injured then all the good you see in 45th min will vanish magically.
I don’t understand hardly anything you say to be fair , saka and esr should get more rest?? We took advantage for 45 mins with these players and because your just always negative that’s all you have to moan about , not interested mate , just beat the **** 3-1 , not interested with
Talking negatives with ****s like you and all the arteta outs

Justin1986

Nah, I am not buying anything until football quality comes constantly and not by a coincidence. Let's see what happens from here to Christmas so we can judge the performances not based in results but how they function.

Emery got a lot of good results but they football was lacking. Auba saved a lot of games in that season.
**** off and watch someone else then until we play like prime Barcelona and let the real fans enjoy us beating the ****

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
ESR looked rapid down the left for the goal. It was like watching peak Özil with 3 legs.
He looks faster this season to me which is a great sign of progress. I know the Grealish comparisons are lazy, but he has that technique + physique combo which can be so dangerous as players get age and experience behind them. I'm really excited about his potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom