• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win PL: Arsenal 4 - 1 Leeds United | Saturday, April 1 | KO: 15:00 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.

@A_G

ENnq8WNX0AAmtKu.jpg

lufc-luke-ayling.gif

Whenever you are ready, mate!

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
In almost every single matchday thread you get posts like 'we should easily be rolling this lot over without Partey and Saliba' - yes, in theory on paper. But this league is not played on paper or a Commodore 64 computer and anyone familiar with it should know you need every tiny competitive advantage you can get no matter the opposition.

Did you not see Forest vs City? Or a more relevant example was last season's 1-2 home defeat against Brighton when the VAR check for our 'equalizer' went on for 20 mins before ruling it out (appreciate we are a different side now). Even the Invincibles scraped some games that looked easily winnable on paper.

Anyway, we trust in our lord and master Holdino as always.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

As usual, scoring the 1st goal is key - we score the first goal like we did against Palace then I can see us having a comfortable afternoon.

Tom Mix

Every game is different. We had one of our off-days energy-wise away at Leeds but this should be different. We have better bench options and some of our players will have benefitted from a rest. Plus the open spaces at the Emirates are not kind to average teams who seek to press us, one mistake or piece of magic and off we go. Leeds may have pressed well on the day but 26 points from 27 games is no coincidence.

That said it is rare to see a game in the PL which doesn't provide chances for both teams. Even the Palace game which turned out to be a comfortable victory had a moment at 0-0 when Ramsdale and the bar (well mostly the bar) saved us from going behind. Top teams are top teams because they create more chances than the other team but, most importantly, keep their own mistakes to a minimum whilst taking advantages of the other team's errors.

We are a top team now, tread with caution but also with optimism that we are at home and we are much better than they are. Keep it tight and we win this by three or four goals. A 1-0 defeat is no good for them.

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I read somewhere that Leeds are in the top 5 teams for points accumulated since they got their new manager

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
They aren’t a particularly defensive team. We should get some joy against their back line but will need to be sharp to cut out their counter attacks. Hopefully Partey is fit enough to start

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
As a good omen, the last time we played Leeds at home when we were going for the title and they were fighting relegation (in April too funny enough) was 2004...

...2004 hmm, feel that was a good year for us ;)

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
If that's true how are they still in a relegation battle? They've won two in their last 5.

It's because they've only played 4 league games since getting a new manager so two wins (and a draw) was enough to be 'top 5' in that period. In short, it's a meaningless stat but there's always someone in these threads trying to hype up our next opponents as the biggest challenge of the season or something.

Morning_woody

You are crazy. We are at the time of the season where you have the most upsets. I think both us and city will drop points in games people think are a given. Most teams are fighting for something

You should look at the stats before running your dirty mouth and be calling me crazy.
Last season City won 7 out of their remaining 10 games (one was a draw against Liverpool) and Liverpool won 8 out of 10 (one was a draw against City) . There were no upsets apart from City drawing 0-0 away at Palace. But that PTSD from back in the days when we sucked must sit deep in you. I'll quote this and my previous post on Saturday after we trash Leeds 3 or 4 - 0

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

You should look at the stats before running your dirty mouth and be calling me crazy.
Last season City won 7 out of their remaining 10 games (one was a draw against Liverpool) and Liverpool won 8 out of 10 (one was a draw against City) . There were no upsets apart from City drawing 0-0 away at Palace. But that PTSD from back in the days when we sucked must sit deep in you. I'll quote this and my previous post on Saturday after we trash Leeds 3 or 4 - 0
If city wins 7/10 of their last games. We are 100% champions. So City failed to win 9 games last season and 3 of them were last 10. Which again confirms my point teams drop more points end of the season

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
The main worry coming out of the international break is Ødegaard. He exhausted himself playing for Norway and results went against him, so he can’t be in the best mental state.

Jason Jace

In what way?
International games are boring and slow, they barely run, why will he be tired? It's not like the leeds games is tomorrow, he has like 4 days to prepare..

They drew 1-1, they didn't loose 10 -0 and their country annexed as a result, he will be fine.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
International games are boring and slow, they barely run, why will he be tired? It's not like the leeds games is tomorrow, he has like 4 days to prepare..

They drew 1-1, they didn't loose 10 -0 and their country annexed as a result, he will be fine.

2 days actually. He’ll fly back tomorrow, which is an 8 hour flight by the way, and join training on Thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom