• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win PL: Arsenal 4 - 1 Leeds United | Saturday, April 1 | KO: 15:00 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.

@A_G

ENnq8WNX0AAmtKu.jpg

lufc-luke-ayling.gif

Whenever you are ready, mate!

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Massive respect to get up at those hours to see the game. Guess it would be somewhat off to have a pint with the game!
Actually, the only win I missed was at the molinuex and the other two we lost, city at home and Everton away. Some dodgy streams meant I had to live other games partially vicariously through this forum. Makes it worth getting up at that time when we’ve almost won every single game I’ve watched! Missed most of the cup games.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Actually, the only win I missed was at the molinuex and the other two we lost, city at home and Everton away. Some dodgy streams meant I had to live other games partially vicariously through this forum. Makes it worth getting up at that time when we’ve almost won every single game I’ve watched! Missed most of the cup games.
When we're over in Canada, I get a small idea on how it can be for your lot in Australia and NZ. Though, at least then it is in reasonable hours, not at night!

Tom Mix

When we're over in Canada, I get a small idea on how it can be for your lot in Australia and NZ. Though, at least then it is in reasonable hours, not at night!
The worst game for me ever was missing the CL quarter-final second game against Chelsea in 2004. I was in the middle of nowhere in Japan (a beautiful place called Matushima) with no television, no bars anywhere and kick-off at like 3 o'clock anyway.

No internet. Western mobile phones didn't work in Japan then so had to rent a local one. The only way of finding out the score was calling a friend every few minutes - in the bathroom so as not to disturb - and he'd narrate what was happening. Still remember him saying "it's still 1 all, oh no!!! Chelsea have scored."

As the first rays of the rising sun came in from the east, the sun set on Arsenal's (arguably) best ever chance to win the Champions League.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The worst game for me ever was missing the CL quarter-final second game against Chelsea in 2004. I was in the middle of nowhere in Japan (a beautiful place calles Matushima) with no television, no bars anywhere and kick-off at like 3 o'clock anyway.

No internet. Western mobile phones didn't work in Japan then so had to rent a local one. The only way of finding out the score was calling a friend every few minutes - in the bathroom so as not to disturb - and he'd narrate what was happening. Still remember him saying "it's still 1 all, oh no!!! Chelsea have scored."

As the first rays of the rising sun came in from the east, the sun set on Arsenal's (arguably) best ever chance to win the Champions League.
I've not been lucky enough to visit Japan. South Korea is the closest I've come. Brilliant country.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Meh, I don't think that Saliba new is all that positive tbh. Arteta's not going to come out and rule him out for the season when it's not a definite thing. Think there's a lot of spin going on.

I think we're going to have to go with Holding for the majority of games. I don't see Saliba being ready in a week for Liverpool anyway.
It’s uncertain, if we are very lucky he recovers but agree what you suggest is the more likely outcome

6666Louis

Who else hope our back four will be partey white gabriel zinchenko ?

And, if not, white kiwior gabriel zinchenko

Holding is too slow for a high defensive line

We can’t play him against Haaland nor Nunez and any other game our defenders are so high up, that even I, who has almost no knowledge of football, I only cheer on corners and tackles, and even I would play long balls in behind our one slow defender — holding.

Not that he won’t be useful in another team.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Who else hope our back four will be partey white gabriel zinchenko ?

And, if not, white kiwior gabriel zinchenko

Holding is too slow for a high defensive line

We can’t play him against Haaland nor Nunez and any other game our defenders are so high up, that even I, who has almost no knowledge of football, I only cheer on corners and tackles, and even I would play long balls in behind our one slow defender — holding.

Not that he won’t be useful in another team.
Leeds tend to pack the midfield and you don’t want Jorginho and xhaka there. Partey has to play in the middle

Diesel

Moving partey to rb would be a waste. Lets face its Rob. The only real question is for how long? Him vs pool is gonna be comedy.

Bloodbather

Established Member

The worst game for me ever was missing the CL quarter-final second game against Chelsea in 2004. I was in the middle of nowhere in Japan (a beautiful place called Matushima) with no television, no bars anywhere and kick-off at like 3 o'clock anyway.

Our best ever chance to win the CL was 06. We almost beat Barcelona in the Final with 10 men for most of the game, doesn't get much closer than that.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Our best ever chance to win the CL was 06. We almost beat Barcelona in the Final with 10 men for most of the game, doesn't get much closer than that.

2001 was an underrated year too, tbh.

Undeservedly lost to Valencia in the quarters, and we would have 100% beaten Leeds in the semis, so that would have left a final v Bayern...and while not easy, they were easier than 2006 Barca.

How the **** didn't we win at east one European Cup during this period 😭

Tom Mix

Did you notice the use of "arguably"? The final we almost won - against the odds. In 2004 we were the best team in Europe and threw it away against an inferior team (Chelsea) who were promptly knocked out by an inferior team (Monaco) who went on to lose the final against another inferior team (Porto).

Even Wenger admitted, in later years, that he made a huge mistake in playing our full team in an FA Cup semi-final three days before the Chelsea return, against a baleful Manu of all people, who promptly kicked us off the pitch. It was lack of rotation and tiredness that did for us in that game - a familiar theme.

We could have won in 2006 but we SHOULD have won it in 2004.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Leeds have more injuries than us, a massive game on Tuesday against Forest coming up and we are going for the title.

They played very well against us at their ground, but at our place we should be winning relatively comfortably all things considered... should be pumping up the goal difference too, but will just take any win really.

This could be THE key game in the title race, depending on how the results go.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Leeds have more injuries than us, a massive game on Tuesday against Forest coming up and we are going for the title.

They played very well against us at their ground, but at our place we should be winning relatively comfortably all things considered... should be pumping up the goal difference too, but will just take any win really.

This could be THE key game in the title race, depending on how the results go.

If Liverpool manage to do the virtually impossible at the Emptyhad, the Emirates will be an absolute roiling cauldron that will, hopefully, make the occasion overwhelming for Leeds' team.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
That t w a t LetsTalkFpl is saying he's heard Saka is on the bench, and claims its not an April Fools.

Surely not!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom