• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win PL: Arsenal 5 - 1 Everton | Sunday, May 22 | KO: 16:00 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I don't think so.
A155-F2-B1-B8-AB-4-CF8-91-DE-5-E69-A44-F820-B.jpg

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Arsène said Ljungberg would be emotionally depressed for a few days after a loss.

That's the team I want to support again!

You think being depressed will put them in the right mindset for a bounce back in the next fixture? Are you serious?!

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Unfortunately I think we have become the new Sp**s. We are more likely going to bottle games than they would these days. It would not surprise me if we are 1-0 ahead for the majority of the game, while Sp**s are losing, only for us to concede a last minute pen from a Xhaka late tackle.
I was discussing this with some friends recently. In my opinion it’s a bit more complicated. Sp**s are still absolute bottlers when it comes to winning trophies as they have no history of winning whatsoever.

However, they have a good record of getting into the top4 spots in recent years, they’ve done quite well at it. I think this gives them a boost vs our situation; especially as those who have been getting them in the top4 (Kane and Son) are still there. For our team, top4 is unheard of and kind of gives us an underdog mentality especially with such a young side. Meanwhile, we have performed highly in the FA cup because it’s something we have consistently achieved recently. Top4 is sadly uncharted waters for our squad.

That’s why I didn’t see us beating Newcastle and it’s why I wasn’t surprised to see Sp**s scrape it in the end.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
It’s actually really unfortunate that Sp**s’ last game is vs Norwich out of all teams ffs. Out of all the bottom sides I get the impression that they’re the worst at beating big teams due to their style.

If Sp**s were visiting a Villa or a Newcastle it would have piled way more pressure on them.

They’ve been very lucky in terms of refereeing decisions and fixture list. This game was always going to have a magnifying glass on it and the fact they’re playing minnows in Norwich out of the 17-18 tougher games to play in this situation, is very fortunate.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I was discussing this with some friends recently. In my opinion it’s a bit more complicated. Sp**s are still absolute bottlers when it comes to winning trophies as they have no history of winning whatsoever.

However, they have a good record of getting into the top4 spots in recent years, they’ve done quite well at it. I think this gives them a boost vs our situation; especially as those who have been getting them in the top4 (Kane and Son) are still there. For our team, top4 is unheard of and kind of gives us an underdog mentality especially with such a young side.

That’s why I didn’t see us beating Newcastle and it’s why I wasn’t surprised to see Sp**s scrape it in the end.

They have a better manager and players (Kane and Son) than us, so them finishing above us is sadly not that surprising...they have had a better team than us, since around 2017, if we are being honest, though we still have ****ed up a few good chances to finish above them in that time....we need to get back to being the best team in our own backyard soon, it's proper annoying!

Hilarious how they can't win any form of silverware though...their fans probably view Kane and Son as their Henry and Bergkamp, but Eddie Nkietah is gonna have more medals when all three retire :lol:

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Hmm I suppose so, but our display against Newcastle was beyond poverty.

No excuse for such an extraordinarily poor performance even if it's uncharted territory.

That was 100% borne from our lack of composure and "nerves" IMO.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
They have a better manager and players (Kane and Son) than us, so them finishing above us is sadly not that surprising...they have had a better team than us, since around 2017, if we are being honest, though we still have ****ed up a few good chances to finish above them in that time....we need to get back to being the best team in our own backyard soon, it's proper annoying!

Hilarious how they can't win any form of silverware though...their fans probably view Kane and Son as their Henry and Bergkamp, but Eddie Nkietah is gonna have more medals when all three retire :lol:
It’s more than just squad quality for me, and a teams ability can sometimes get caught up in their recent history. For example you want very experienced players who have done it all not just because they are in their prime, it’s also because they have been there and done that and won the trophies.

Sp**s are a **** version of this. They haven’t won anything but they’ve proven to themselves and to the league that they can get into the top4 ahead of us for years now. We don’t see it on paper or on the stats but it makes a big difference.

Teams like Leicester who arguably had been much better teams than those around them (in that season) in recent seasons have completely bottled top4 a few times now.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
That was 100% borne from our lack of composure and "nerves" IMO.
Doesn’t that somewhat tie into it as well though? We have a lack of composure and nerves in high pressure scenarios because we haven’t proven to ourselves we can do it. As a team or individually as players.

But yes we are very consistent with these kinda games where nothing is going right and we end up giving the opponent an easier game than even playing vs a League 2 side.

In these games it is quite predictable and I can see we’re losing the match within 5-10 minutes of it starting. We barely can compete passes, pass backwards for no reason, take ages on the ball, and provide hospitable passes constantly. I noticed this in Wenger’s last season and then it got progressively apparent ever since.

I doubt a bunch of kids will change it. They can provide a base to change it but soon you need to add the right type of experience (not washed up players like Willian and Leichsteiner) to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom