• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Brighton | December 5, 20:15 GMT | Amazon Prime

What will the result of the match be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We'll win this I feel

Hopefully see a bit more of what Freddie wants to do with the team

Expect another Auba brace

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Leno
Bellerin - Someone - Not Mustafi - Tierney
Torreira
Guendouzi - Xhaka
Pepe - Auba - Martinelli
Our CB and CM options are truly awful. Let's actually play the 70m player that meant we couldnt sign a decent CB or CM.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Feeling optimistic about this one, last time I did that, we lost 3-0 to Sheffield Wednesday...

Make

Player:Ødegaard
Leno
Bellerin - Sokratis- Luiz- Tierney
Torreira
Guendouzi Xhaka
Özil
Auba Laca

We need Özil as CAM, and not LW. In the last game, Özil didn't anything in this position.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Leno
Bellerin Chambers Holding Tierney
Torreira Guendouzi
Pepe Özil Nelson/Martinelli
Auba

Some variant of the above. Willock needs to sit this one out after 2 games on the trot and looking tired, otherwise I'd start him next to either one of Torreira, Xhaka and Guendouzi. Xhaka wasn't bad on the weekend but I still think Freddie would be better served trying to make Torreira and Guendouzi work as a pairing. Xhaka-Guendouzi are not a good partnership.

The front areas almost pick themselves, however I'm ambivalent on LW. Either one of Martinelli and Nelson should get the nod here. Saka is a player I really like, but perhaps he has hit a temporary plateau. Martinelli deserves a start for all the effective performances he has put in so far, but I'm slightly torn between that and wanting to see Nelson get another go in the PL. I think he's become underrated and written off too early, so I'm eager to see him get some more game time alongside Özil, with Tierney behind him aswell.

Can only hope Freddie goes for the wingers this time around. Pepe and one of Nelson/Martinelli would create problems with Özil and Auba central - all 3 of the former batch also capable of coming inside to good effect.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

:eek: - that's big news, was already going to leave Sky and DAZN as they offer me almost nothing in terms of Arsenal aside from the odd game every few weeks. I still have to go for an illegal stream most of the time..

So they might have it all in the upcoming future ?

This trend in ever new streaming services has become rediculous - you'd basically want Netflix, Amazon, DAZN, Sky, Disney+ and soon more here in Germany.

DAZN in Canada has the rights to every PL game + EL & CL, it's the best. The Amazon Prime rights are isolated to just the UK then? Or Europe as well?

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

A first for the PL as every game this week is being broadcast by Amazon. No idea what that means for the illegal stream gang.

Second game for Super Fred to hopefully get his ideas into some of the players, were promising signs yesterday even if we look soft at the back.

Brighton have been very good this year under Graham Potter, they’ve played a good brand of football and have rarely been hammered. Did very well against Liverpool on the weekend.

The kid Connolly along with Trossard and Maupay have been the standouts.

Line up I’d go with is:

Leno
Hecçy - Chambers - Luiz - KT
Torreira - Guendo
Pepe - Özil - Saka
Auba

We play again very shortly afterwards so might want to keep Laca rested for the Irons game.

Only change I'd make from this lineup is Martinelli for Saka. Bukayo has promise but he's faded since his early promising form. Martinelli right now has more personality and power in his game.

Can we just go 4-2-3-1 please and have Özil in the middle. Let's control the ball and batter them please.

andeoch1

A mate of mine who works in the ticket office at the Emirates said he sold a ticket to someone under the name of Mauricio P, make of that what you will.

Very interesting.

Meant to post this here but anyway...
We can impeach on evidence like that

mwake

DAZN in Canada has the rights to every PL game + EL & CL, it's the best. The Amazon Prime rights are isolated to just the UK then? Or Europe as well?

I was just going to say this too! Yeah DAZN is actually really good here in Canada, they have all the major English competitions and euro ones too. No need for illegal stuff, its very convenient. The only thing DAZN is missing is decent pregame, halftime and post-game talk, some games there is good talk and some games there isn't. Also, I wish there was an audio-only mode so i could listen to the games with the screen off whilst I am on the bus.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Potter came to Brighton from Östersund in the Swedish League btw.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Rosicky masterclass in 2015!

Cech masterclass in 2018!

Our beautiful Czech boys :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom