• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Brighton & Hove Albion | May 5, 2019 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,211
  • Views 83,320

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The media reported we got 50M to spend if we don't qualify to CL next season with CL it'll be 70M its bulls**t maybe ornestien said we will have 100M to spend few weeks ago even without CL

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
The media reported we got 50M to spend if we don't qualify to CL next season with CL it'll be 70M its bulls**t maybe ornestien said we will have 100M to spend few weeks ago even without CL
Remember they are now including wages and agents fees in the transfer budget so your 50M is indeed probably 40M

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
"Could be closer" and "depends heavily on CL qualification" don't tell me the budget will be £100 million.

Yet you take an anonymous claim of £40 million at face value because you want to.

"There are some suggestions it’s around the £40 million mark depending on what European competition Arsenal are involved in. I’ve been told it could be nearer £100 million to spend. That would factor in salaries as well although it will depend on the competition they get in. There needs to be intelligent recruitment. It’s all well and good having £100 million to spend but it’s how intelligently they spend that will be key. It won’t be the level of money that some clubs will have." -- Ornstein

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Waiting with baited breathe for the first mirror back page about Arsenals "Summer transfer war chest" :rofl::rofl:

Baited breath?

baited-breath.png

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Also whatever the amount is it's better to think of it as we can add that amount to the yearly budget. If for example the transfer budget was £40m that could be two £30m players with £15m first installments and £5m in wages for the pair of them.

blaze_of_glory

The mental gymnastics from these people man. 1/12 points from games against Crystal palace, Leicester, Wolves and Brighton and some are trying to absolve Emery of any blame for this nonsense? I can't take them seriously.
He has to take some. The approach to some of these games has been awful. Our attacking play is way too predictable, like we're an NFL team running patterns.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Yet you take an anonymous claim of £40 million at face value because you want to.

"There are some suggestions it’s around the £40 million mark depending on what European competition Arsenal are involved in. I’ve been told it could be nearer £100 million to spend. That would factor in salaries as well although it will depend on the competition they get in. There needs to be intelligent recruitment. It’s all well and good having £100 million to spend but it’s how intelligently they spend that will be key. It won’t be the level of money that some clubs will have." -- Ornstein
The CL money Wenger kept earning by getting top 4 year after year, helped the club a lot after Kroenke came. Once the fans made it impossible for Wenger to work his magic, we were only going one way.

Unai still has a chance to get back into the CL, I really hope he can make it or the future doesn’t look rosy. This is not a good squad, and is in much need of an overhaul.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I don't expect much more than what we've spent last year tbh.
It won't be enough.

Difference is we have players we can sell. Selling Mustafi, Chambers, Elneny, Mkhitryan and Xhaka would add a decent chunk to the budget. Some might say it's too much change for one summer but the squad needs gutting. We're not going to improve keeping those players around. Sell them and buy replacements.

Gursha

What upsets me about the penalty, is that it was never a foul... i actually pet my dog harder than Xhaka touched him.

BUT! I think we deserved that penalty only for the sheer stupidity of Xhaka to even reach him there....
He was so blatantly beaten that reaching his hand there is such a stupid act worthy of a penalty...

Laca got fouled inside the box 100X harder than that Xhaka touch...

Our players are so naive... every foul they look so guilty, and everytime they get fouled they look like cry babies... i dont even know how they do it... its a special talent...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom