• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Brighton & Hove Albion | May 5, 2019 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,211
  • Views 83,245

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Difference is we have players we can sell. Selling Mustafi, Chambers, Elneny, Mkhitryan and Xhaka would add a decent chunk to the budget. Some might say it's too much change for one summer but the squad needs gutting. We're not going to improve keeping those players around. Sell them and buy replacements.
Need buyers who’ll bid decent money and who’ll offer decent wages or the players won’t leave.

Big issue is who is bidding decent money for Mustafi? El Neny etc. Who is offering Mikhi top wages?

We might be stuck with these lot.

Leicester bid 12M for El Neny and Wenger accepted it, but El Neny turned down the move. Later Ivan gave him a new deal.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Yet you take an anonymous claim of £40 million at face value because you want to.

"There are some suggestions it’s around the £40 million mark depending on what European competition Arsenal are involved in. I’ve been told it could be nearer £100 million to spend. That would factor in salaries as well although it will depend on the competition they get in. There needs to be intelligent recruitment. It’s all well and good having £100 million to spend but it’s how intelligently they spend that will be key. It won’t be the level of money that some clubs will have." -- Ornstein
Yes. Again, even if you accept Ornstein's £100 million (and he says nearer so it could be anything over £70 million but not as much as £100 million) if you take away the CL conditional money and factor in wages etc I think you'll find it's about £40 million.

Ornstein may not be lying and is reporting faithfully what he's been told to say but this is like politicians' spin and there is definitely no suggestion that Emery will be given £100 million come what may.

avalonhse

How the tune would change if we win the EL

Our fans so fickle

I agree. Wenger must be the poorest man on Earth:
- Arsenal had unbeaten runs: this is Emery on how we improve over Wenger.
- Improvement over games against top 6: Emery again

Now get 1 points over 12 in weaker teams: it is Wenger's fault.

temp-600-97797983.gif

If we win EL tomorrow, Arsène will not get any share of it.

Last edited:

GDeep™

League is very weak
- Arenal had unbeaten runs: this is Emery on how we improve over Wenger.

temp-600-97797983.gif

If we won EL tomorrow, Arsène will not get any share of it.
Top post.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
- Arsenal had unbeaten runs: this is Emery on how we improve over Wenger.

temp-600-97797983.gif

If we win EL tomorrow, Arsène will not get any share of it.
Spot on.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I didn't see the game & I think I'm actually thankful I didn't end up seeing it after seeing the scoreline. Last few weeks in the PL have been absolutely abysmal, only got 1 point from last 4-5 games I think. It seems a few of the players have lost a bit of enthusiasm so we need a change in a few players. That was disgraceful by the manager & the board letting Ramsey go on a free, you can see he loves the club & always so much passion compared to a few of the other players.

On the other hand, our form in the Europa league is completely different, we showed much more skill & passion against Napoli over both legs & Valencia in the 1st leg. Player wise I think we need to keep Laca, PEA, Özil, Leno, Sokratis and a few others but we can let Mustafi, El Neny, Jenkinson, probably Monreal aswell, he may be needed as cover though, Xhaka, Litchensteiner. I'm undecided on Koscielny & Mhkytarian. PEA though should have the golden boot ready with the chances he has had but unfortunately I can't believe he has wasted so many chances, I saw his sitter he missed on the club page highlights. That should have had the game won.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
If you’re in a really really bad mood with Arsenal and feeling reckless then Burnley are underdogs @ around 17/5 for the final away game.

I can see no reason our players would possibly turn up for this game. Well, except to be personally vindictive to me.

Remember- never gamble when you’re emotional :lol: although the game is so far away you can safely cash out if you change your mind.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Iwobi’s cameo though :lol:.

Dopey ****. He’s so terrible. I remember at the start of the season when it looked like Emery made him resemble something of a decent player. He’s not good enough now and never will be.

23 and no better than he was at 18. Sell. He’s beyond needed first team experience. Pure and simply not good enough.
Reckon you are being a bit harsh on Iwobi there, he was much better when he broke through at 18. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom