• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Arsenal v Crystal Palace | 1/1/17 | 4pm GMT

Result?

• Arsenal play well for once and win

Votes: 33 71.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Big Sam ends our season

Votes: 13 28.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

ars_cry.jpg

Oh look, Palace get a new manager just before they play Arsenal. After bending over for Man United and Chelsea at home, Palace have swapped Pardew for Big Sam.

Will Arsenal bottle it at home to Palace like last season? Will we start 2017 with a home loss? Will Benteke end his drought? Probably.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Our team are back in that "we need to prove we have what it takes" mode.

That signals win for us in my book. The false security and swagger isnt back yet to hamper us.

Gooner_Delhi

This is the 'We can still do this' time of the year.. we will be fine for next few matchdays.

It's mid-Feb that will break our back.. and make us truly out of contention and desperately holding on to 4th spot.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I've only just managed to watch the WBA game highlights. I think that win will be huge for us, the goal really lifted us and although it was late we had chances to score more. I expect us to score at least 2 in the first half and go on to a comfortable win.

Gaby is starting to look the part, a run in the side is clearly helping his game. I'd like Gibbs to start again and prefer to stick with Xhaka/Coq in the middle, although I think Wenger may be tempted to start Xhaka/Ramsey.

I wont hope for Lucas to get a start, I think there's more chance of a George Michael tour in 2017.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Palace score goals, I think they might've scored the most goals outside the top 4 teams. Zaha has been brilliant this season and Benteke is always a threat. I'm pleased we kept a clean sheet against WBA, particularly with how good they are on set plays. Good preparation for a Sam Allardyce team.

We'll win comfortably IMO, Palace aren't strong enough defensively to cope with us. Allardyce will need more time to rebuild a defence that shipped 5 to Swansea. The biggest question heading into this for me is who will be fit to play.

Ox, Theo, Gibbo?

N

NotAUserName

Ospina - Bellerin, Gabriel, Koscielny, Gibbs - Xhaka, Elneny - Iwobi, Özil, Sanchez - Giroud.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Another manager whom Wengers record isn't great. At home though so I expect us to win. Ramsey and Xhaka at the Base of the midfield the rest unchanged.

Cech
Bellerin - Gabriel - Koscielny - Gibbs
Xhaka - Ramsey - Özil
Walcott* - Sanchez - Iwobi

* If not Walcott then Perez or Chamberlain!

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Boom tings OP :lol:

Crystal Palace and BFS are rolling up to our very own theatre of dreams--dreams for the opposition, that is, where anything is possible and miracles can happen. We will fix you. We will give you shelter.

Alright, maybe a bit strong, but we'll probably let your struggling striker end his drought and look unplayable, while your new manager gets off to flier.

Too many bad omens here.

4-4

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I would like to see the following team:

------------------------Cech--------------------
----------------Xhaka - Coquelin------------
-------------------------Özil-----------------------
Lucas --------------Alexis- -----------Iwobi

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Gonna be a rubbish game. The first two letters of Crystal, the first letter of Arsenal, the first letter of Palace and you get CRAP. Someone's trying to tell us what we are with subliminal messages.

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
I would like to see the following team:

------------------------Cech--------------------
----------------Xhaka - Coquelin------------
-------------------------Özil-----------------------
Lucas --------------Alexis- -----------Iwobi

I would like to see Coq dropped, we don't need a defensive outlook at home against a side with big Sam at the helm. Having said that they could be dangerous on the counter but with Benteke more likely an arial threat.

We need to try a new midfield partnership with Ramsey and let it gel because we won't get many other opportunities to experiment.

Also Gibbs will be out I expect.

Malky

Established Member
If we lose this game I'm gonna lose my self.

Lose yourself?

Yo
Your palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy
There's vomit on your sweater already, mom's spaghetti
We're nervous, but on the surface the team looks calm and ready
To drop bombs, but they keep on forgettin'
What Wenger wrote down, the whole crowd goes so loud
Wenger opens his mouth, but the words won't come out
We're chokin', how? everybody's jokin' now!
The clocks run out, times up, over, blaow!

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Lose yourself?

Yo
Your palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy
There's vomit on your sweater already, mom's spaghetti
We're nervous, but on the surface the team looks calm and ready
To drop bombs, but they keep on forgettin'
What Wenger wrote down, the whole crowd goes so loud
Wenger opens his mouth, but the words won't come out
We're chokin', how? everybody's jokin' now!
The clocks run out, times up, over, blaow!
You don't want to know why his palms are sweaty.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Would be daft to make any unforced changes.

The only issue vs West Brom was taking our chances. We had 75+% possession, 25+ chances & 10+ shots on goal. The passing game & flowing moves were back.

See no point in shoehorning players like Lucas, Ramsey & Ox into the starting lineup. They can all make an impact if required off the bench.

Santi's Left Foot

Would be daft to make any unforced changes.

The only issue vs West Brom was taking our chances. We had 75+% possession, 25+ chances & 10+ shots on goal. The passing game & flowing moves were back.

See no point in shoehorning players like Lucas, Ramsey & Ox into the starting lineup. They can all make an impact if required off the bench.

Perez deserves a start and Ramsey needs games to form a partnership. Palace at home is a chance to build confidence and fitness considering the problems Palace have atm we should be able to dominate midfield.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Perez deserves a start and Ramsey needs games to form a partnership. Palace at home is a chance to build confidence and fitness considering the problems Palace have atm we should be able to dominate midfield.
Thought Xhaka & Coq were fine as a two against West Brom both with & without the ball.

If Perez cant earn a start centrally over Giroud & a natural winger thats on him. The last thing we need is another substandard wide player.

Santi's Left Foot

Thought Xhaka & Coq were fine as a two against West Brom both with & without the ball.

If Perez cant earn a start centrally over Giroud & a natural winger thats on him. The last thing we need is another substandard wide player.

Was thinking Perez instead of Iowbi.

Xhaka and Coq were ok but it's West Brom at home, what do we do against better teams when we need a bit of creativity and need to take the game to them (Santi won't be fit until March).

As Ramsey is still getting back to fitness maybe he can come on into the game later but it needs to be incorporated at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom