• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Arsenal v Everton | February 3, 2018 17:30 GMT | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

infinium

Good win and performance but never thought I'd see an Allardyce defence more poorly organised than a Wenger one. I mean it was awful. They didn't track any runners at all.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Tomas Rosicky was on the pitch at half-time. Today's game was one he could have played in, where that lethargy we displayed at Swansea went I don't know.

This is far from a finished product but if the defence can be improved we could be competitive again.

Attempts to get Auba songs going creditable but nothing definite yet. Ramsey so unlucky. Guy gets a hat-trick only for the crowd to serenade Özil, Jack and Auba...... and when he gets home and logs on will see himself getting slated here... ah well....

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Honestly auba had similar Lacazzete problem at 2nd half he was very isolated
Yeah, Everton pushed right up to try and get back in the game and Auba was playing off the last man the whole time, looking to get in behind. He was detached in the second half the same way Laca gets detached. Auba will still get goals playing like that because he's super quick, but Laca wont get a look in.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Whenever Wenger has tried to concentrate on defence in years gone by, our attack had always faltered.

It's not a zero sum game and that's where I think Wenger falters in his beliefs. It's about everybody on the pitch doing their jobs and players having the balls to compete when it gets physical.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
It's not a zero sum game and that's where I think Wenger falters in his beliefs. It's about everybody on the pitch doing their jobs and players having the balls to compete when it gets physical.
Defending in England is entirely about being physical. His approach in this regard is completely ass backwards. Yeah, it's a nice fantasy to have a team of number 10s who can pass the ball into the back of the net. It's not pragmatic in the real world. Every single title winning team in England for decades now has had big, physical defenders. They haven't got to be lightning quick or great passers either. Morgan and Huth was probably one of the slowest defensive pairings in the league but they're a pair of units who make it unpleasant out there. If we had even 1 defender like that next to Kos we'd probably have won the league at least once in the past few years.

There are issues with the setup but personnel to me is the bigger issue. I can drill a backline perfectly but if they can't physically handle the demands of PL game then it means nothing. There is an allowance of physical play in England that does not exist in the other big leagues. To think that somehow our football is going to rise above that when our own title winning teams were the epitome of big and physical(obviously with more flair and technique than most title winning sides) is unbelievably arrogant and naive on the part of Wenger and co.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Missed the match live but got to watch it just now. My word was I jumping for joy lol so happy and we played old school wengerball finally! Now please guys keep this up and let us get our defence sorted. Thank you for making my weekend that much better Arsenal <3

arsmile

Established Member
the PEA/mhiki relationship is a weird one

mhiki seems like the most serious man in the world- whereas PEA is a playboy ...just seem to compliment each other

when you add Özil to that- the genius overlord....surely it cannot go wrong!

HBL

Established Member
Haven’t smiled that much during an Arsenal match for a while, disappointed we didn’t add another three of four second half though :D

Would love for us to try this at home for a couple of games against mid table sides; some sort of 442 narrow:

Lacazette-PEA
Özil
Mkhi-Ramsey
Wilshere
Nacho-Kosc-Mustafi-Bellerin
Cech

Think it could work as Xhaka doesn’t really offer much defensively, Wilshere has better discipline in terms of tracking back anyway.

As proven today Mkhi is more than willing to contribute defensively, and I believe I’ve seen a stat on here that said he won the most tackles in the middle third of the pitch in his final season for Dortmund.

Ramsey is having a great season and has incredible energy up and down the right side of that midfield.

That team would be a joy to watch and goals galore no doubt, will be interesting to see if Wenger tries to intergrate Lacazette and Pea into the same starting XI; if he does, I hope he doesn’t sacrifice one of them on the wing.

Lacazette has to improve, I do think he’d be much better playing with a partner though.

mug

wump
Loved it!

I think we're a much better with the things we did this window.
They're not "investments", they're Additions!

Wonderful, so happy and so postiive.

HBL

Established Member
Also intrigued to see what our Europa league starting XI will look like, I hope we see at least two of Nelson, Nketiah and AMN from the start.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
Ar5ena1 FC.

Wonderful 1st half, lazy 2nd half.

Auba played out of his skin in the 2nd half and yet received almost zero service for it. His positioning was on point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom