• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Arsenal v Everton | February 3, 2018 17:30 GMT | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Have to laugh at the commentating on (as per norm) this one, (salty *******), first goal was pure Wengerball creating space through plenty of oppo bodies , it's not like they had abandoned their post and the box was empty, but both BT and NBCSN(Dixon ffs) slating the Everton defenders not lauding the slick and quick intricate movement and passing from our guys.

Then Kos' goal(didn't read the script, should have left it for Auba) that was all Mustafi, imposed himself on three defenders and created mayhem other runners also pulled the defense toward the kick leaving space at the back post.

The Auba offside goal is much, much tighter than they make out, no.1 the still photo they keep showing, the ball has already left Mkhi's foot(inches away), 2) Auba springing the trap is almost perfect like lightning, it's so fractional, in real time him springing forward and Mkhi releasing the ball almost seems like one action(if you know what I mean). Will really piss me off the next time we get a dodgy pen against that loses us points and they refer to this game as a kind of evening out in the end type of scenario, because it doesn't.

Ramseys deflected goal, created by Everton being sucked deep into their box because of the fear imposed on them by our first goal, leaving all the space for Ramsey to get the shot off, lucky deflection though.

So yes Everton defense was weak but the capitulation was triggered by a break neck speed efficient attack.

The moral of story is 1) We are one of the best when we play with urgency and one of the worst when we have our foot off the gas, should never take time to overthink things, keep it natural.

Personally I'd like to see the back of co-commentators, surely all their there for is to impart mostly propaganda. In these days of media corporation they are always trimming the fat, centralising power, closing down outlets, reducing personnel, increasing the profit margin, except for sport where there are a katrillion co-commentators and pundits all beating for the most part the same drum, except for the odd scripted rivalries, just a bunch of actors in my book, not an original thought between them.
I could never not do with Ray Hudson. Love that man’s one-liners.

Ewarwoowar

I’d have Hudson over for a beer and whiskey. We do things differently in the states. ;)
Oh the States! My English colloquialism maybe wasted on you, heh? I wouldn't really have Adolf round for breakfast, taking tea and toast,, you know that, right?

al-Ustaadh

Oh the States! My English colloquialism maybe wasted on you, heh? I wouldn't really have Adolf round for breakfast, taking tea and toast,, you know that, right?
I assumed as much. Lol but I’m still not sure I agree with your original point. Hudson is a GOAT for me. Just absolute ridiculousness and hysteria.

“It’s got more curve on it than Jessica Rabbit!”

“And this is a goal that would cheer up a manic depressive!”

“He gets his angles better than an isosceles.”

“The defender tried to follow him on Facebook and he came out on Twitter!”

So many more!

Ara

I think, by not including Laca in the league games, there is a chance that he will underperform in EL, which could be the only ticket for CL after all. He needs to start games or at least play 30 minutes per game.

BobP

Memri Fan
I assumed as much. Lol but I’m still not sure I agree with your original point. Hudson is a GOAT for me. Just absolute ridiculousness and hysteria.

So many more!

It's so unfortunate that he wasn't commentating when Messi broke Boateng's ankles in that UCL tie a few seasons back.

Also, "Real Madrids defense spread out like spandex on Miami Beach and Casillas is left naked".

Then there's the one with the revolving door.

Ewarwoowar

So many more!

Can't fault you, I love all that, but that's like finding a pearl in a sea of turds. Sometimes Bt or the like get me so riled, even when I have a thoroughly decent stream I will switch over to foreign cantunderstani channel so as to still get the match atmosphere with out all the drivel.

al-Ustaadh

Can't fault you, I love all that, but that's like finding a pearl in a sea of turds. Sometimes Bt or the like get me so riled, even when I have a thoroughly decent stream I will switch over to foreign cantunderstani channel so as to still get the match atmosphere with out all the drivel.
No, I get it. As far as EPL commentators, I miss the days of Martin Tyler and Andy Grey. Too bad Grey had to be an early example for the #Metoo movement.

Ewarwoowar

Wonder if she's still alive?
Wiki says yes, but they're hardly reliable and I've seen her look better tbf.

Quietly confident about the NLD, it's at our second home, bigger pitch, more space to exploit, hopefully our veteran stars will impart their Wembley winning ethos on our new boys,,, could see us give 'em a drubbing if we gel proper.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Wiki says yes, but they're hardly reliable and I've seen her look better tbf.

Quietly confident about the NLD, it's at our second home, bigger pitch, more space to exploit, hopefully our veteran stars will impart their Wembley winning ethos on our new boys,,, could see us give 'em a drubbing if we gel proper.
I'd love us to win that one. We're capable as long as the lads don't make stupid mistakes.

VancouverCanuck

Two great things about that game.

Mkhi' shot from outside the box, which was just past the post, the right height and curling. Who knew an Arsenal player could do that. Sick of row Z stuff.

Auba's finish, a confident chip over the keeper.

We've been missing confidence so much.
Xhaka says hi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom