• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Arsenal v Huddersfield Town | November 29, 2017 | 19:45 GMT

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
Nice Win. Could not see the game due to work, just saw the highlights. All goals were Sublime.

Cech almost scored the most gif-able own goal!

Shame that Lacazette got injured just before the United game :(

I hope the team can keep this rhythm going.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
In regards to the Sp**s stuff. I don't think there is/was anything wrong with wanting to emulate a side who managed to hit the 80 point mark while having similar financial handicaps to us aka actually challenge for the title?

You lot are so weird.
They've only got over 80 points once in the whole history of the club, without an FACup for 26 years, or a league title for 56 years. That's not a model we want to be emulating bro. There's nothing weird about that.

The history of football is littered with sides that peak occasionally and then regress to the norm when players leave or lose their form. Like Liverpool when Suarez left, or Leicester when Kante left and Mahrez lost a bit of form.

But average finishing position 2.74 with a 57% win rate over a 21 year period with virtually no peaks and troughs, when your financially handicapped, as you put it, is truly remarkable. Particularly with a domestic trophy every other year on average.

That's a model Arsenal will want to try and maintain when Arsène's gone even if they can't outspend the big three. There won't be many special managers out there that can do that.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Bit of a weird performance. We lacked the ability to hold the ball wel at all at points and kept misplacing passes.

It’s at times like that you feel your midfield two need to really get a grip, keep the ball and pass the teams way out of the slump...

9jagooner

Bit of a weird performance. We lacked the ability to hold the ball wel at all at points and kept misplacing passes.

It’s at times like that you feel your midfield two need to really get a grip, keep the ball and pass the teams way out of the slump...
Did you say Santi Cazorla? :D

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Found it encouraging that Wenger described the first half as "not good enough" .Usually doesn't say something like that after a 5-0 .

Last edited:

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
That lovely felling of waking up after a 5 nil win and not getting that sinking feeling but elation. I thought City had drawn with Saints, where did 6 mins of stoppage time come from?

TorontoGooner76

Great result, although that sloppy stretch we had was pretty bad. Very early we played with total confidence and assurance but then it seemed like we hesitated a bit and was unsure of ourselves. But that was fixed and we smashed them. I always feel in close games that if we can get to the half, then Wenger will sort things out tactiacally and i noticed a few changes again going into the second half.

Unfortunate for Lacazette to go off at half time, but I was sitting there saying that i felt Giroud would have an impact on the game, just the way Huddersfield was setting up defenisevly. I knew once we got the second goal then we would be in the driver's seat.

Other than the goal, Alexis was poor but Özil was amazing and took control of the game. I was impressed with his tracking back and his defensive duties as well. Whether he is leaving in January ir not, he seems quite motivated right now.

Giroud or Welbeck on Saturday? Ir perhaps Alexis up top with Welbeck out on the left? I really do prefer Giroud to come on as an imact sub to change the way we attack though, so I prefer Welbeck to start then.

Let's beat United and that smug faced Mourinho on Saturday! COYG!

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Bloody hell, we actually smashed a team for once.
Credit where it's due, especially for a midweek game after a tough game at the weekend.

That was actually a pretty decent November by our standards, I'm shocked to the core.
It just sunk in to be fair.

I've moaned for ages about how we haven't smashed a team for confidence/momentum reasons. Perfect just before the united game, need to keep that inferiority complex away.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

They've only got over 80 points once in the whole history of the club, without an FACup for 26 years, or a league title for 56 years. That's not a model we want to be emulating bro. There's nothing weird about that.

The history of football is littered with sides that peak occasionally and then regress to the norm when players leave or lose their form. Like Liverpool when Suarez left, or Leicester when Kante left and Mahrez lost a bit of form.

But average finishing position 2.74 with a 57% win rate over a 21 year period with virtually no peaks and troughs, when your financially handicapped, as you put it, is truly remarkable. Particularly with a domestic trophy every other year on average.

That's a model Arsenal will want to try and maintain when Arséne's gone even if they can't outspend the big three. There won't be many special managers out there that can do that.
I've never said I've been envious of Tottenham's recent history. I was envious of what they did last year and what it looked like they were doing this year.

That's why I didn't get understand yesterday's sentiment, isn't it normal to be pissed/envious at the guys who were once in your shadow hitting heights you hadn't in the league. The trolling doesn't work either, at the end of the day I don't think you'll find any Arsenal fan who isn't happy that we're above Sp**s!

samshere

Why so serieuse?
I thought it worked.
4ece3c35602e92d675611988d34b6cf387ca16b28de207f5c46be304bc583195.jpg

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Watching the game on replay was weird. From about the 30min - 45min mark we literally could not string two passes together and looked extremely shakey despite the early goal. Even this morning I still think that 15 min clusterfuck has taken away what a solid victory and 2nd half it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom