• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Leicester City | Sunday October 25 | KO: 19:15 GMT | Sky Sports Box Office (£14.95)

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kav

Established Member
We basically have no one in the midfield of the field When we are attacking as both Xhaka and Ceballos drop wide into a WB position to allow Bellerin and Tierney to take up RW/ LW. Partey is basically playing in the hole in front on the 2 CB’s. That’s a big concern for me.

we need someone in the middle who will draw out one of Leicester’s midfielders or defenders thus creating space to be attacked.

Mind you they are just sitting back playing on the counter. Hopefully we get 3 goals in the second half.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I have to say - Leicester City sitting deep notwithstanding - the attacking process has been very good so far and that is huge promise. For tonight in particular, the players I expected to struggle (i.e. Laca who's been quite poor last couple of games, despite his chance at the start of the game) are struggling. Ceballos hasn't been as secure as I've liked in terms of keeping possession either. The midfield is a little flat aswell and we're not getting enough bodies following up our initial promising attacks.

I hope Nketiah replaces Laca - he's raw as all hell right now but I just feel that extra bit of pace and endeavour will be helpful.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
We didn't allow them anything. As soon as they tried they were overrun.
Nah. They're playing defensive trying to forestall us, is what I saw. They made no attempts, probably because Vardy is in in the stands.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
The novelty wore off a long time ago. VAR is now just ruining the game.

That's as valid a goal as any I've ever seen.

I don’t think the official called a goal. The linesman was the one that flagged for offside. VAR could’ve only saved the goal. I’m not sure why you guys are blaming it.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
What I like is that we've got quite a lot of players able to switch play or play it in behind. We've got Xhaka and Luiz deep doing it, but also Partey capable, Ceballos has a good whipped cross on him and even Gabriel played an excellent ball between the lines to Saka. While Tierney is an excellent crosser and Bellerin has a decent cut-back.... sometimes. You can see how we're evolving and it's why I've been calling for patience while others have cried boring. Of course we still lack a bit of creative in terms of a creative midfielder in an Aouar mold and imo a better 9. But you can see the evolution of our play. Compare this to the absolute mess Arteta inherited where an entire attack was just get it to Auba and pray.

You're working hard to get that trusted status back, love to see it.

Manberg

Predator
If our goal stands Leicester will have come out and we’d be 2-0 or 3-0 up. These ******* refs are so ****.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
brendan wants to make it a game of one half in which he can play vardy and neutralize the rest of the time...he got exactly what he set out to do. Gave arsenal all the ball and all the midfield and got through the first half unscathed.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Was the email in the form of a **** song? The only bit of the podcast I skip through

The songs and some other emails remind you you're listening to a bunch of 50/60 year olds. Definitely old man humour, who finds anagrams that funny?

sdotzdot

Established Member
The incompetent frauds in VAR normally take 7 minutes with a decision, decided to rule that goal offside in two seconds, ****ing rotten ****s.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
New system seems interesting but way too many players were sloppy Ceballos, Saka, Laca, Auba' (looks sick)...

Ceballos should be taking much more risk having Partey/Xhaka as covers.
Yeah, looked like Auba took a tablet at one point.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Saka reminds me of a young Raheem Sterling at times. Absolute tragedy in front of goal if it's not harder to miss than score, but at the same time he's very good at getting into goal scoring positions. Lot of ability in him for sure but it's pretty obvious why Arteta doesn't trust him to be a reliable goal scorer yet.

Lacazette is just a burning trashfire at this point. I got memed into ****ing oblivion years ago on here for suggesting Lacazette wasn't an upgrade on Giroud but rather a sidegrade who offered something a bit different. Feel pretty vindicated at this point tbh.

Partey looks a tidy player, but that's to be expected from a 27-year-old guy with his experience.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Good half but please finish off the game before vardy comes on.

Those 3 crosses were wasted. Think Martinelli would have scored 2 of them atleast. But our 100m strikers missing them. :facepalm:

Especially 3rd one was a tap in. Laca :frustrated:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom