<

PL: Arsenal v Leicester City | Sunday October 25 | KO: 19:15 GMT | Sky Sports Box Office (£14.95)

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by American_Gooner, Oct 22, 2020.

?

Match Prediction

Poll closed Oct 25, 2020.
  1. Arsenal Win

76.2%
  2. Draw

19.0%
  3. Leicester Win

4.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Got Swerved By Gallas Trusted

I want off this wild ride. Wish my family supported QPR or Millwall as a local club rather than Arsenal.

At least I wouldn’t have any expectations to get shat out every week.

Oh_Snap, Sanchez11, SomGooner and 2 others like this.
  2. GunnerUK

GunnerUK Well-Known Member

We’ve improved defensively anybody can see that much more organised. But our attack what has happened to that. So deadly back end of last season now just lacking ideas

3. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

We were better than this before the FA cup final. We've gone backwards. Inexplicable and unacceptable tbh. As soon as your hopes are raised, in true Arsenal style, you get shat on and you have no ****ing idea how it came to this bullshit.

4. SA Gunner

SA Gunner Prediction Pool King Trusted

If we are shutting down our creativity then we need to upgrade our goalscorers. We missed a trick not getting in a ready made attacker.

Need to shape up, fast.

GoonerJay24, Troopz and SomGooner like this.
  5. SomGooner

SomGooner Prolific Liker

We are clueless and predictable just like our manager.

Raicore likes this.
  6. Tsl

Tsl Active Member

The disrespect towards Wenger at his last days :( We've not progressed at all since he left, and the football now is seriously unbearable to watch. Miss him

7. Breezy

Breezy Well-Known Member

Begging for his autograph probably.

8. boxerumble

boxerumble Well-Known Member

Seriously, a supposed top class club with top class facilities and a new coach who has changed the culture and made arsenal more resilient. What the hell do these guys do in training? **** OFF

Raicore, SomGooner and Jury like this.
  9. BaZZe

BaZZe Bitterswede

Bellerin was one of pur better players?

10. Papa Wonga

Papa Wonga Well-Known Member

Yeah let's bring on this guy, he can get us goals alright.

"But wonga he the u21 leading scorer of all time he really good[​IMG]

11. kash2

kash2 Obsessed With Jury

the same ones you yell at?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

SomGooner likes this.
  12. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

Auba and Laca and two of the worst footballers I have ever seen...

Auba is basically Walcott, but smarter in his movements without the blistering pace.

While at this point, Laca looks on the verge of tears in every match...nothing is coming off for him...he can't run, he's small, he's not skillful, he gets gassed after an hour (at most) in every game...just drop him.

Pepe was terrible too when he came on (very concerned at this point about Nico, if I'm honest) but we have to try something different...give Pepe-Auba-Saka a run of games to see if we can get something going.

Big defeat that, put's a lot of pressure on Yanited away, a match I was confident before this anyway...as soon as we didn't score in the first half, you really worried for is...uhhhh, ffs.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
    BigPoppaPump likes this.
  13. The_Playmaker

The_Playmaker Established Member

In possession, Xhaka dropped in at lcb and Ceballos dropped into some sort of weird rb position. Partey all alone in the centre of the pitch, both full backs high. I don't see the point of it.

Bellerin and Tierney cannot beat a man 1v1. The wingers need to receive the ball and play it to them on an overlap. Our pace of pass was ridiculously slow. Zero urgency.

krengon likes this.
  14. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Al Jazeera Correspondent

Lacazette final nail in the coffin for me. Auba also terrible. Ffs.

15. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

Vardy would be playing on the wing under Arteta. He’s as limited as Aubameyang outside the box. His game is about sharp movement and finishing.

16. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief

What was the point of Ceballos btw. Didn't notice him on the pitch.

Sanchez11, kash2 and krengon like this.
  17. bingobob

bingobob Fan of Technicians Who Show Great Character Trusted

There is a time and a place for a more defensive approach. But that also means that everything we do needs to be defensive. Away to Liverpool and City or European knock out games*. We've shown we can defend really well and counter effectively. But we cannot play a defensive system and possession based football. Otherwise you end up with this passive nonsense.

*in non covid football. Probably an argument that given the current environment all out attack is the way to go.

Breezy, SA Gunner and blaze_of_glory like this.
  18. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Vinai Venkatesham Stan Trusted

People mentioned 'title contenders' :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Oh_Snap, Sanchez11, krengon and 2 others like this.
  19. Papa Wonga

Papa Wonga Well-Known Member

The only thing I can take from tonight is, the girlfriend and her family paid £14 for that ****, hah chumps.......bet they regret that.....

[​IMG]

Sanchez11 and Taxi Driver like this.
  20. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

Fofana looks great, really impressed!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.