<

PL: Arsenal v Leicester City | Sunday October 25 | KO: 19:15 GMT | Sky Sports Box Office (£14.95)

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by American_Gooner, Oct 22, 2020.

?

Match Prediction

Poll closed Oct 25, 2020.
  1. Arsenal Win

76.2%
  2. Draw

19.0%
  3. Leicester Win

4.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TopGunner81

TopGunner81 Active Member

Remember when we used to play with 3 number 10’s? Now we don’t even get 1......

2. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Doom Monger

No squad rotation = no energy. We lacked creativity against a team which came to try and nick a draw, maybe Özil would have delivered that if he wasn;t the most expensive persona non grata in sport.

In the first half wer were unlucky - denied a good goal and a penalty - butin the seconf half they were going through the motions.

3. Anders Harbo

Anders Harbo Well-Known Member

We need to keep faith. But right now are difficult times. I hope Arteta can prove to us, that he has a plan in theese kind of matches.

American_Gooner likes this.
  4. DasBootist

DasBootist Well-Known Member

Did anyone pay 2 watch dat ****?

5. baccy_man

baccy_man Active Member

We should have had Saka on the left Auba in the middle and Pepe as our front line Laca was a waste of time the chance he had that he could have scored and blew them,
    we didn't show any urgency in our game it was too slow and too many back passes again.

Breezy likes this.
  6. Papa Wonga

Papa Wonga Well-Known Member

Why buy a defender for £30m if he's not even ready to start in England. Fofana was a baller. I understand he has personal issues and was grieving, but He was a monster at St etienne

Justice4Saliba

Gooner1988TK and Wrighty4eva like this.
  7. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief

The way they started trying to zip it around after conceding is embarrassing. They knew they were playing slowly but just didn't change it until it bit them in the arse.

8. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Arteta have alot to do we can't keep like this i know its rebuilding but we have much better talent going forward seem all just afraid to attack xhaka Ceballos spent the game so deep for what reason? Partey did what he could he not a magician.

bingobob likes this.
  9. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

That was terrible. We’ve been poor all season, lost all the big games with no quality shown.

Players looked tired, I asked on Thursday why are main players playing against Viena?

Massive questions for Arteta, he’s under pressure now, and I know we’re not beating Utd.

10. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

It's personnel. Arteta needs to change it up a bit. You know which forward we have who actually is good at 1-2s in attacking situations? Reiss Nelson. Where was he? Not in the squad. ESR - not in the squad. They're young, and untested (in Nelson's case, he's lacking in momentum currently) so I get the apprehension but what he has used isn't working quite so well either. It's not fitting together.

Arteta claims that the training is giving him a headache of who to pick in the squad. I say the matches should give him a bit more clarity about who he should give consistent game time to.

11. Fewtch

Fewtch Ozil at 10 And Emery Out

Yh we’re trying to do a Liverpool with attacking fullbacks but our front three except for Saka can barely control the ball.

12. dka91

dka91 Well-Known Member

Yes definitely, I mean it's not like we were creating bucket loads before the Covid break but it's like Arteta found out that playing defensively worked against the big boys and he's hooked.

I honestly don't know wtf that second half was, how can you expect to win anything when you're that cautious.

I don't get it, why can't our managers find a balance? It's either all out attack (Wenger), or duking it with the opposition getting twice, three times as many shots as us (Emery) or ultra slow build up beyond cautious defence (Arteta)?

I still think Arteta is the one so to speak. But please we need a little bit of freedom, some risk otherwise we'll beat ourselves.

Breezy, kash2 and Jury like this.
  13. kash2

kash2 Obsessed With Jury

dude...i posted clearly that brendan is rope-a-doping us ...and you went all political about negativity and how I am a bad poster ...

first learn to understand football before calling other people trolls.

Kav likes this.
  14. Batman

Batman Bruce Wayne

In regards to the midfield trio, I actually think it's time to give Willock or AMN a run there. A second player who can actually progress the ball alongside Partey and we'd have won comfortably. Even a headless chicken like Willock would have been better than what we saw out there from Ceballos and Xhaka today.

MutableEarth likes this.
  15. Breezy

Breezy Well-Known Member

Called it ffs. Of course this club will never disappoint you.

16. Papa Wonga

Papa Wonga Well-Known Member

Waiting for the masterful stroke of a Tweet from this man

[​IMG]

17. boxerumble

boxerumble Well-Known Member

This club has a hex on it. And I don't know why or what to do about it

18. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

The whole 2nd half we only managed 1 shot. :lol: and i was hoping for 20 total ffs.

krengon and Troopz like this.
  19. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Established Member

We've never lost at home in October and Leicester never come here and win-well not since 1973 anyway! We have to be careful now because we don't have time to be out of the CL any longer and non competitive for any longer. Arteta must improve performances by Christmas. We saw Emery get lucky with poor performances but decent results until things evened themselves out and we fell off massively. Another cup won't do. I want that top 4 trophy.

Kav likes this.
  20. boonthegoon

boonthegoon Well-Known Member

Gffn rubbing it in

Trilly likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.