<

PL: Arsenal v Leicester City | Sunday October 25 | KO: 19:15 GMT | Sky Sports Box Office (£14.95)

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by American_Gooner, Oct 22, 2020.

?

Match Prediction

Poll closed Oct 25, 2020.
  1. Arsenal Win

76.2%
  2. Draw

19.0%
  3. Leicester Win

4.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anders Harbo

Anders Harbo Well-Known Member

Özil would have been the perfect player in a game like this. I really really hope, Arteta has som very solid reasons not to have him on the bench.

kash2 likes this.
  2. roz

roz Fake News Merchant

Fair enough, I’ve always thought his goals gloss over his performances. Average touch, No hold up play, poor in the air & very rarely beats his man despite being gifted with ridiculous pace. He’s Walcott with better finishing. Totally understand why Arteta doesn’t trust him to lead the line. You belittle Vardy for his touch and go passes but he does that far better than any of our forwards, I see Vardy as the better player, might not score as many but helps makes his team tick, can you really say the same for Aubemeyang?

Im sure he’ll score a tap in next week and everyone will be hyping him up again.

kash2 likes this.
  3. Troopz

Troopz Established Member

What’s the point in improving your defence when your attack is garbage? I’ll have more fun paying £14.95 to watch Burnley vs West Brom ffs.

A lot of people beating around the bush but it’s too cautious and coward stuff to just sit back and play it sideways. We need to be on the front foot and ask questions of these **** teams that pull up to the Emirates and sit back.

4. Breezy

Breezy Well-Known Member

Early days but a Ceballos-Partey-Xhaka midfield is way too static I feel.

5. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

What’s this passive, negative football? Can’t even blame the players now.

6. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Look at thier goal. Ffs musti what you doing or going.

Anders Harbo likes this.
  7. tap-in

tap-in Nothing Wrong With Me

That was beyond poor. Laca, Xhaka, Auba, Ceballos awful. I dont know what the issue was, we just looked like we lacked ideas. We had so much of the ball but did little with it. Arteta somehow has to make us a threat, once again our best attacker was a 19 yr old and that shouldn't be the case.

8. Batman

Batman Bruce Wayne

I really need you guys to keep me in your prayers. Not only do I support Arsenal but the New York Jets as well. I was watching both second halves unfold simultaneously and I think it broke something inside me.

Kav likes this.
  9. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief Trusted

WHY CANT WE JUST PLAY LIKE A NORMAL TEAM PLAYING 433???

Arteta spent too much time with Josep, turning fullbacks into CM and CM into 3 ATB CBs or whatever stuff they were doing

Big Poppa and kash2 like this.
  10. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

Seriously disgusting.

When will this nightmare end.

11. rich 1990

rich 1990 Not A Big Believer In Diversity

Sick of people giving these ****wits attention.

12. Kav

Kav Well-Known Member

No. The lack of a midfield is. Our CF is being asked to run around and press so he isn’t where he should be and the other two Saka and Auba didn’t do much to make any chances. Our play was crap when Luiz went off as he was the only one picking passes from Defence. Leicester played a compact block with a mid press. We had no one in central midfield to play passes to until we were behind in the 80 minute.

This is on Arteta for using his stupid 3 at the back system and ensuring that our central midfielders tuck wide to allow our defenders to attack. While that gives us more bodies wide. We literally have no one in the center to orchestrate attacks.

This is why I have been annoyed with his approach. He needs to find the right balance.

kash2 likes this.
  13. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

United will attack tho, so the game might suit Arteta

14. Papa Wonga

Papa Wonga Well-Known Member

Can't wait to be beaten by OBE and Smeagol next weekend. Cheers mikel.

[​IMG]

15. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

Putrid 2nd half but 1st half was quite promising. I really hope Arteta doesn't revert to type in the next home game. I know for sure he'll go back to back-three against United

16. boxerumble

boxerumble Well-Known Member

Agree about Laca, sorry but he offers very little and isn't what we need. Auba needs service, needs to play centrally with a creative spark coming from behind him which we do not have.

Riou likes this.
  17. amigo

amigo Member

But if we had lost that game we'd have had more chance to recover. This loss is more costly.

18. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

RIP. Prayers are of no use

Batman likes this.
  19. Dammit

Dammit Well-Known Member

We are dreadful since Santi got injured. Harshest truth.

Blaziken likes this.
  20. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Why xhaka was playing LCB most game? When mikel realize that our squad is not man city quality.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.