<

PL: Arsenal v Leicester City | Sunday October 25 | KO: 19:15 GMT | Sky Sports Box Office (£14.95)

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by American_Gooner, Oct 22, 2020.

?

Match Prediction

Poll closed Oct 25, 2020.
  1. Arsenal Win

76.2%
  2. Draw

19.0%
  3. Leicester Win

4.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

Honestly it's daylight robbery , I pay 10-11 aud a month and have access to all the games , fees you guys are paying are extortion

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
  2. boxerumble

boxerumble Well-Known Member

Expecting a Vardy goal, possibly via a penalty.

Hope we win though

3. Makavelii

Makavelii Well-Known Member

Is Vardy even fit?

4. Makavelii

Seems like this is a very important game for the mood of the club this season.

I notice some fans starting to have doubts about Mikel Arteta. A win against Leicester will put us in the top 4 and justify Mikels decisions up till now.
    A loss and many of us including me will be seriously questioning him.

5. Macho

Macho Established Member Trusted

He’s “injured” meaning he is being carefully managed and will be in all the big matches this season. Like this one.

Has a chronic hip thing which he will have for the remainder of his career, and a recent but minor calf issue which saw him rested. That being said, would be surprised if he didn’t start.

SingmeasongSong likes this.
  6. Ind0Gunnerz

Ind0Gunnerz Well-Known Member

At the start of the season, everyone will say an away loss to Liverpool and Man City is expected - although in reality the manner on how we lost it is a bit bothering.

However, there will be questions to top 4 if we lose to Leicester, while still playing like how we played against Liverpool and Man City.

Makavelii and truth_hurts like this.
  7. Macho

Macho Established Member Trusted

Me personally I hope we win. Not because this game will mean anything in the chase for top 4 - I see them as bonus points.

If we do lose however, the calls for Özil will just get louder, my precious Arteta will just get doubted even more and I’ll have to sieve through all sorts of derogatory comments about our forwards.

The past week has been a bit unbearable on here since the City result. A nice 2 nil or 2-1 win would do me just nicely.

Makavelii likes this.
  8. amigo

amigo Member

This match and the one against united will tell us a lot more about our title credentials. The one thing I like about this season is so far we are getting maximum points wherever we are expected to. Grinding out results. Despite our collective moaning at the less than eye-catching football thats a great trait. 3 points please, I'll take that anyhow!

RacingPhoton likes this.
  9. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

We should expect to win every home match. We are at home. Over to you Arteta and the boys.

10. bingobob

bingobob Fan of Technicians Who Show Great Character Trusted

Its ridiculous. I see Sky and BT are in the back pages today saying pull the plug on it.

Trofton likes this.
  11. freeglennhelder2

freeglennhelder2 Well-Known Member

Need to give him a couple of seasons at least surely? Eg: People were also seriously questioning Klopp when he was about this far into his tenure. Of course I’m not saying it’s going to work out the same way, but it’s just an example.

Not happy with his management against City, but overall more than happy with Arteta. I think a cycle of shipping out a manager every two seasons would be extremely damaging, but maybe this is the new normal now.

12. Makavelii

Never said anything about shipping him out.
    I just want to keep the faith that we've had that we have the best possible manager we could get. If we're losing to Leicester, I'll start questioning that.

13. SA Gunner

SA Gunner Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately Trusted

We'll win this game, and if we dont it would be because of our mistakes.

I dont think some of you folks understand how structured we are right now. Yes, our attack has been blunted, but we are incredibly hard to beat at the moment.

Leicester and Man United are almost guaranteed wins in my mind... its just up to the boys to get the points on the board.

Makavelii, bingobob, Macho and 2 others like this.
  14. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry & Miserable

I don't really feel we're going to lose games anymore, going into them.

Credit to the boss.

Now is the next stage. Convincing victories when at home.

SA Gunner likes this.
  15. Taylor Gang Gunners

Taylor Gang Gunners Shame is a dish best served cold Trusted

Match day?!

EVERYBODY SEH YEAH!!

celestis and SA Gunner like this.
  16. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

I don't think being at home gives you any advantage, not until the fans come back.

The home team will be going into these games thinking... "Damn, we could have had X amount of people cheering us on today" ...so psychologically, your players start the game with a small negative.

But on the other hand, away players go into these games thinking... "Phew, no fans here to get on our back/influence the ref, lets do this!" ...so they immediately start the game in a positive mindset.

Makavelii and amigo like this.
  17. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

We are one of few top teams who probably benefit from fans not being there. 5 bad passes and our fans are booing.

18. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Established Member

Don't they have quite a few issues in defence? We should be targeting the young lad, Fofana, and putting him through his paces. If our forwards can't get the better of a 19 year old who's just come into the league then we might as well pack up and go home.

19. bingobob

bingobob Fan of Technicians Who Show Great Character Trusted

Interesting comments from the opposition manager.

20. Camron

Camron Established Member Trusted

Mesut's PR team drafting Brendan Rodgers tweets for tonight's game.

[​IMG]

Trofton likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.