<

PL: Arsenal v Leicester City | Sunday October 25 | KO: 19:15 GMT | Sky Sports Box Office (£14.95)

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by American_Gooner, Oct 22, 2020.

?

Match Prediction

Poll closed Oct 25, 2020.
  1. Arsenal Win

76.2%
  2. Draw

19.0%
  3. Leicester Win

4.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KrissKringle

KrissKringle Well-Known Member

I regret nothing! It's been over a year since it's been out.
    @DanDare ^^^^^^

OnlyOne likes this.
  2. Papa Wonga

Papa Wonga Well-Known Member

Honestly feel like being slapped by a dildo live on TV.

@GDeep™ Do the honours when you officially start at Sky in January.

GDeep™ likes this.
  3. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

I hope mikel not keep being stubborn i know things won't be fixed that quick but please give freedom to our players to attack.

Kav likes this.
  4. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Al Jazeera Correspondent

Tbf it is the managers fault Laca couldn't hit a bar door with a banjo.

5. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

Also, I don’t mind losing if we play on the front foot, what’s the point of being so passive and still losing games?

Sanchez11, Kav and Troopz like this.
  6. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

Here's the deal:

Arteta doesn't trust the young players - or rather, he doesn't want to trust them as they're too young to be relied upon. He's alluded to this in his press conferences and that's fair IMO. I mean, he plays Saka a hell of a lot but he's that rare youngster who is a fairly consistent performer - always has been.

I agree wholeheartedly with you to be honest, it's exactly what I would have done but Arteta is proving to be somewhat risk averse in his tenure so far. Maybe we'll see a more progressive team against Dundalk on Thursday (at least, I hope so, I don't want to see Laca, Xhaka or Ceballos anywhere near that XI on Thursday).

Big Poppa and dka91 like this.
  7. Breezy

Breezy Well-Known Member

What can you say. Mustafi is Mustafi. Absolutely sh!t at football.

8. Papa Wonga

Because it's Arteta...and Arteta being Arteta think's being Arteta can make him as good as Pep.

[​IMG]

9. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief

The first half was promising because it's a new formation so you expect some teething issues. That second half though was just wretched

Arteta needs to find a way to attack without David f*cking Luiz. If he doesn't he won't make it nor should he

Kav likes this.
  10. Dammit

Dammit Well-Known Member

Bring in Poch

11. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Arséne Wenger once said "I will miss you"

He is one of the main reasons this club is sinking!

BigPoppaPump likes this.
  12. Fewtch

Fewtch Ozil at 10 And Emery Out

This was pretty similar to a Liverpool 433 tbf

13. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

We could get into a long and detailed convo about the cons of our current team...but it can be basically summed up by calling most of them gimps.

Auba...great finisher, worse footballer than Theo.

Laca...at this point, I am better than this guy :lol:

No one in our midfield is comfortable at playing high up the pitch really, which is a massive hindrance...we don't have a Santi, Rosicky or an Özil (current one is done, so don't say Mes) for example.

Partey will be great, but is more of a deep player...Ceballos and Xhaka are also deep playmakers, but both have big flaws really (especially Granit) so playing both mean we end up with 2 players doing the same thing...it's why a three at the back suits us, to cover the many, MANY flaws in our midfield.

Bellerin is a fashion merchant at this point, Tierney is a crossing merchant really...half joking with Tierney, but neither of our fullbacks are good footballers...think how important Cole and Lauren were in comparison.

Mustafi is...Mustafi

Gimps.

DanDare likes this.
  14. freeglennhelder2

freeglennhelder2 Well-Known Member

Its CGI meme mate, doesn’t happen in the actual movie. Don’t worry about it.

DanDare and OnlyOne like this.
  15. Troopz

Troopz Established Member

Can we stop mentioning Özil.

I would have liked to see him in the team but he’s done, there’s no point in dwelling on the past. All this Özil talk after every game is annoying as ****.

Riou likes this.
  16. Batman

Batman Bruce Wayne

You're probably right but as the heat turns up on him, he's going to need to trust them because as much as a young player might let you down, these older players he's trusting will let you down. They've proven it time and again.

zilfy and MutableEarth like this.
  17. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

343 but really confusing and positioning look awful maybe mikel need ti keep it simple.

18. Papa Wonga

Why are we paying a striker £250k p/w to score goals when he hasn't had more then 1 shot in 4 games.

Why are we paying a striker £250k p/w when his hold up play is non existant and he's useless with the ball to feet.

Ladies and gentlemen, we've been oziled.

19. Hleb's Sirush

Hleb's Sirush Well-Known Member

You are right about Auba, his all round game is quite poor. But that never stopped him scoring more goals in the last few years than everyone else besides Messi and Ronaldo. When you have a striker like that you sacrifice something else in the team so you can get him in those positions. It is exactly what leicester do. When Vardy is playing everything is geared up the get the best out of him. They only look for him, constantly trying to release him. He can just stay up front, on the last shoulder of our defenders. Ask Auba to do the same and I'm sure he would score more than Vardy even.

How many shots let alone chances does Auba get a game? Of course when he is all about finishing he is going to look dreadful when he isn't getting any chances. Try to imagine Vardy where Auba was playing today? What would he have done?

Big Poppa likes this.
  20. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief

[​IMG]

KrissKringle likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.