<

PL: Arsenal v Leicester City | Sunday October 25 | KO: 19:15 GMT | Sky Sports Box Office (£14.95)

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by American_Gooner, Oct 22, 2020.

?

Match Prediction

Poll closed Oct 25, 2020.
  1. Arsenal Win

76.2%
  2. Draw

19.0%
  3. Leicester Win

4.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Penn_

Penn_ Established Member

Wasn’t a fan of the midfield three, it might allow Bellerin and Tierney to push higher but neither are particularly outstanding there.

2. Oxeki

Oxeki New Threads, Old Tweets

Arteyhas to take the blame squarely here.
    I know the goal we conceded was individual lapse in concentration. But the tactics he deployed was quite awful.

Partey-xhaka-Ceballos is a solid midfield when you're playing away against a top opposition, not at home against Leicester ffs

GDeep™ likes this.
  3. Batman

Batman Bruce Wayne

In a turn of pure serendipity the heat map right above your post explains precisely why Auba is not really at fault.

Hleb's Sirush likes this.
  4. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

We’ve been poor all season. Questions have to be asked.

Papa Wonga likes this.
  5. KrissKringle

KrissKringle Well-Known Member

I'm fed up too! We can't rely on anyone but Willian for creativity and he's got a knock. It's outrageous, I tell you!
    We need ESR asap to take us forward whenever we have the ball. He can't be any worse than the plumbers we have running our midfield.

6. amigo

amigo Member

Wrighty and Shearer and the on screen ref Dermont Gallagher all agree that it was a legitimate goal. So frustrating so many times VAR has not corrected bad decisions against us this season.

Jury likes this.
  7. kash2

kash2 Obsessed With Jury

true.... and its been true for over 15 years. Lets not make the same mistake with Mikel that we made with Wenger. Lets understand that the refs are fking us over...and not turn on each other. Lets go after the refs.

SA Gunner likes this.
  8. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Özil couldn't do nothing this game Leicester will man mark him and he'll struggle.

9. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief

[​IMG]

Troopz and Papa Wonga like this.
  10. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Doom Monger

Nelson, ESR etc are untested and will remain untested until they are tested. They should have been tested at Rapid on Thursday in a game we could afford to lose.

MutableEarth likes this.
  11. EmeryCouldnt

EmeryCouldnt Well-Known Member

lol you’ve said this learning about/understanding football dig 5 times with no response from me. This is not an argument. Learn how to discuss something without being so toxic all the time. Again I will state, you constantly make claims with no evidence.

We had several great chances in the first half and they had none. That was not a masterclass by Rodgers. It’s not Arteta’s fault that the ball got stuck under our foward’s feet 4 times 6 6 yards from goal. It’s not a masterclass to put Vardy on in the second half, it was desperation. Literally every manager and poster would’ve done the same.

12. Prayoga

Prayoga New Member

No chance, deep deep deep *******Bring back Özil, need more creativity to change game

13. Papa Wonga

Papa Wonga Well-Known Member

Tell that to the fulham game MR negativity, we we're absolute world-beaters.

[​IMG]

14. Troopz

Troopz Established Member

This is what I was saying last weekend but @HairSprayGooners disagreed.

Is there a point of going into a game and playing so cautiously that you barely even create a chance? Such a cuck mentality. It’s funny though as the same people that are loving this style of football criticised Mourinho when he used to do it.

Sanchez11 likes this.
  15. dka91

dka91 Well-Known Member

Yep I get that feeling too but tbh I don't like the fear. It sort of permeates through the team and you can see it in the way we approach attacking, passing, it's slow, it's cautious it's terrified to make a mistake.

I also think bringing in youth at some point is important. What I will give Emery is that he played Saka, he played Nelson and Willock atleast in the Europa and Carling cup games.

I want to see some youth in the "less" important games.

MutableEarth and amigo like this.
  16. Wrighty4eva

Wrighty4eva Well-Known Member

The mystery continues.

Troopz likes this.
  17. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Al Jazeera Correspondent

One thing I will say about Arteta is he seriously complicates things. I can see the logic behind dropping Ceballos and Xhaka deeper allowing Tierney and Bellerin to bomb forward. But at the same time Xhaka and Ceballos don't have enough pace to deal with counters and Laca is up front recieving balls.

Partey shouldn't be the furthest forward CM at all. He drives from deep he isnt a playmaker.

18. Papa Wonga

Papa Wonga Well-Known Member

What's with the GIF I'll have you know Nico Pepe is x23 times the player Mane is....

[​IMG]

DanDare likes this.
  19. kash2

kash2 Obsessed With Jury

gee... where did the creativity go then? you were saying we were being really creative.... what happened in the second half? You should see the flow of the game and how its shaping up. By the end of the first half they were comfortable and we were huffing.

It was the FRIKKIN PLAN of Rogers and it was evident to everyone....but not to your genius eyes. Dont be tribal, first love football and try to understand it.

20. Wrighty4eva

Wrighty4eva Well-Known Member

It's groundhog day !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.