<

PL: Arsenal v Leicester City | Sunday October 25 | KO: 19:15 GMT | Sky Sports Box Office (£14.95)

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by American_Gooner, Oct 22, 2020.

?

Match Prediction

Poll closed Oct 25, 2020.
  1. Arsenal Win

76.2%
  2. Draw

19.0%
  3. Leicester Win

4.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sebastes

Sebastes Statbomb Merchant

Ii mean Mustafi isn’t good enough, but how the **** do you blame the goal on him..? Xhaka was completely on his heels for that pass to Under, not to mention he came up 10m short over a 30m (not even that?) sprint.

On a whole I just don’t get what Arteta’s trying to do. We seem to play a 2-3-5 in possession with Xhaka and Dani as some sort of wb’s or wide mids. Literally leaves Partey in the middle and there’s a ****in ocean between him and the 5 up front. Arteta’s literally setting us up to only create chances on wings.

Fuming :mad:

2. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

Hopeful crosses and set pieces get counted as chances created you know.

Outside of Bellerin’s volley, how many saves do you remember Schmeichel having to make?

Aubamagoal likes this.
  3. field442

field442 Hates Journalists Named James Trusted

He could play Willian instead of Özil in that lineup. I mean he even mentioned playing him there when we signed him and yet the only time he played him central was as a ****ing false 9.

Big Poppa and Kav like this.
  4. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Established Member

That team still had the Wenger DNA and instinctively knew how to attack. That all changed when Emery made his mark

Divided_Pie and Kav like this.
  5. Hleb's Sirush

Hleb's Sirush Well-Known Member

We controlled most of that game but mostly with possession and in 1st half we did create a few good opportunities, but nothing sustained. Our chances came from long balls and crosses.

But Auba was exactly like that. I know things look bleak now but those stats aren't a fluke.

Arteta needs to realise he needs to get Auba spending most of his time sniffing around the penalty area or there is actually no point playing him. You could get a player from the championship to play the role Auba is playing now with similar results.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
    Gunner boy dd, nas7232 and Mo Britain like this.
  6. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Established Member

Obviously it's a bit early, and he's clearly a good player in his own right, but this feels sort of like an example of that debate that was going on all summer between Partey and Aouar and which one we needed most. There were two camps and one camp insisted that we needed Partey more than we needed someone like Aouar.

I didn't agree then and on the evidence of today you can see why. Partey, Ceballos and Xhaka all playing deep and nothing between the lines.

We've essentially made a very good upgrade in a position that wasn't desperately urgent and made no upgrade to the position we most desperately needed to.

Not just about that though obviously. There's also the whole striker issue and not getting the best out of Auba. And generally we're probably seeing a first-time coach struggling to coach a fluent attack, kinda like how Lampard is struggling to coach a good defence.

sdotzdot likes this.
  7. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

The way we played that day was so against the norm of what Emery-ball would become, you might actually be right. :lol:

I don't think we ever played with so much fluidity and freedom after that game.

Tho you could make a case for the 2-0 vs United under Arteta being a similar story. o_O

blaze_of_glory likes this.
  8. ArtetaOut

ArtetaOut Member

Really mate :lol: I don't spend hours a day shilling for a particular individual a so-called "fan" such as youself. Your post counts are impressive! :lol: Enjoy your echo chamber bud!

kash2 likes this.
  9. Manberg

Manberg Predator

Wasteful finishing let us down. Forwards got into good positions in the first half but fluffed their chances.

Edit: The referee too. Nothing wrong with Laca’s goal at all. It’s a different game if the referee gives it.

10. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Established Member

11. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

I didn't know 20/21 season consisted of only 6 games.

sdotzdot likes this.
  12. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Moderator Moderator

Jeez that doesn't look good. This season is still a small sample though so I would hope it doesn't remain that low.

You can see the drop off as soon as Wenger was gone as well.

Ashybashy86, krengon, kash2 and 3 others like this.
  13. Impact

Impact Well-Known Member

Breaking lines isn’t only about the quality of the passer but of the recipient’s movement and ability to receive. We had next to nothing useful from Laca and Auba in that regard. Who exactly should they have been finding?

I didn’t mention Luiz because I was talking about midfielders. In any case Ceballos didn’t have his best game but playing that ball out to Tierney is an easier pass from RCB than it is RDM. I liked the shape. The execution still needs work. First time we’ve seen it with that personnel.

14. GunnerBP

GunnerBP Well-Known Member Trusted

Based on this match, we've basically created a team built for players like Özil, but have made it impossible to select Özil.

It is just so crazy.

15. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Can see the increase when Alexis joined and drop off when he left :lol:

Riou and dashsnow17 like this.
  16. Hleb's Sirush

Hleb's Sirush Well-Known Member

It is obvious we don't get enough shots. We shouldn't really be surprised all our attackers look bad at the moment. As a team we can't create enough chances apart from a few hopeful long balls/crosses. Really hope we try something else soon or else this season will be another bitterly disappointing one.

17. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

Not a lot to show for all the non negotiating.

Blaziken, Trilly, Aubamagoal and 4 others like this.
  18. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

Iwobi is worryingly ahead of any of our current attacking players on a technical level, tells you the issue from then and now :lol:

Tir Na Nog and kash2 like this.
  19. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Al Jazeera Correspondent

Also in fairness we can all harp on about creative players making the difference but look at Man City... plethora of creative players but also struggling massively.

There's no magic in this football team anymore. Dont even think Aouar is the answer if I'm honest. Need a Bruno or Dybala type player.

20. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Yeah sound about right in our first 6 games we can't go beyond 10 shots for the attack we have it's just not good at all and need to be fixed

dashsnow17 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.