<

PL: Arsenal v Leicester City | Sunday October 25 | KO: 19:15 GMT | Sky Sports Box Office (£14.95)

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by American_Gooner, Oct 22, 2020.

?

Match Prediction

Poll closed Oct 25, 2020.
  1. Arsenal Win

76.2%
  2. Draw

19.0%
  3. Leicester Win

4.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kysus

Kysus Well-Known Member

It felt a lot more extreme due to the high standard we were used to
    Wenger was a victim of his own success, set the bar to an unsustainable level.

2017 we scored 77 goals and 3 points behind city in 3rd
    2018 we still scored 74 and had a goal difference of +24

kash2 likes this.
  2. Red London

Red London Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm just comparing the fluidity of our attack in his final years to the rest of his tenure here. You can surely admit that it started getting a bit disjointed and confused compared to the free flowing action we saw previously.

3. Manberg

Manberg Predator

The majority of those were not made to look like world beaters what’re you on about :lol:

4. Aussie_gunner123

Aussie_gunner123 Well-Known Member

So Arteta points out in his press conference that the 2nd half may have been to do with fatigue & tiredness, he's got to realise that we've had numerous away and tough games in 2 weeks, maybe the Europa league is when he should be rotating the squad & playing a few youngsters rather then more of our 1st choice players. We have had away games to Liverpool & City recently which doesn't help then another away game at United coming up.

Red London likes this.
  5. Red London

I was shocked at the EL team he fielded. Far too strong. I wouldn’t have minded a draw or loss if we it meant we rested some key players. I can’t believe Saka played.

Riou and Aussie_gunner123 like this.
  6. Kysus

Kysus Well-Known Member

That's why I said "some".

You really just read posts and try to find something to argue about?:)

kash2 likes this.
  7. Manberg

Manberg Predator

In that case I meant to say all, apart from Lord Bendtner. I was never convinced by Song I remember criticising him a lot.

We were getting top 4 back then because the competition wasn’t as good.

8. Aussie_gunner123

Aussie_gunner123 Well-Known Member

Definately better off playing a few more youngsters in the Europa & cup games, they'll probably play with a fair bit more venom & enthusiasm then guys that play 2-3 games within a week. They'll want to impress Arteta aswell to get more chances so you'd like to think they will at least.

Red London likes this.
  9. Red London

Yeah true. Saka and Martinelli made their impression in the tourney. You'd wanna see ESR / Nelson / Willock try to prove themselves there this season.

Aussie_gunner123 likes this.
  10. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

Vardy to Gabriel on the goal ffs...

[​IMG]

Manberg likes this.
  11. Manberg

Manberg Predator

:lol: should teach you a lesson.

Riou likes this.
  12. Rimaal

Rimaal Questionable Taste

13. MikeVinna

MikeVinna Well-Known Member

I miss having creative players in midfield and on the wings. Overlapping full backs too.

Now we rely on our fullbacks for creativity.

14. krackpot

krackpot Established Member

Bloody robbed.

15. They can't overlap if they are already on the wing.

16. Manberg

Manberg Predator

Leicester played 3-4-2-1 for most of the game with Barnes their furthest player forward. Clearly set up to stifle our attack and hit us on the break when we tired. We should’ve got Xhaka, Partey and Ceballos on the edge of the box and gone for some long shots, and kept Tierney and Bellerin back.
    Weren’t getting in behind a packed defence playing the way we were. Why don’t we ever try shooting from range? Xhaka and Partey have good long shots in them.

17. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

Having spent some time to think about it, this result keeps looking worse than I thought. 0 points against a weakened Leicester at home with United, Villa, Leeds coming up is massively damaging. Puts us in a situation where we must go to Leeds and get a win. No one would bet on us doing that right now

18. kash2

kash2 Obsessed With Jury

we lacked ball carriers and powerful runners. AMN, Nelson, Willock, Saka, Nketiah need to be used more.

We need young hungry quick players ..This was too static. Cant play both Auba and Laca.

Big Poppa likes this.
  19. GoonerBoy19

GoonerBoy19 Well-Known Member

It's a shame as our second string would have been more than enough to go through the first round. Dropping Özil and Saliba from Europa squad is pure idiotic decision. Players like Nelson, ESR should get good game time in EL group stages.

Now David luiz is out and we have to play Mustafi, which is like playing with -2 points before kick off. Also why did we buy a non HG goalkeeper when we wont be starting him in even low profile EL or Carabao games? It's some atrocious man management going on and they will pay for it.

nas7232, kash2 and Kav like this.
  20. Kav

Kav Well-Known Member

He’s not an expert. It literally is his first try at it.

Secondly your anti Wenger sentiments are so obvious it prevents you from being objective in any discussion.

Arteta has been poor in preparing and organizing our attack. That is a fact. He has been good with regards to defensive structure and getting players to work collectively. At least I can call it for what it is. You should try it too it’s called being objective.

He needs to find a good balance. He is way to cautious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.