• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Leicester City | Sunday October 25 | KO: 19:15 GMT | Sky Sports Box Office (£14.95)

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anders Harbo

Angry Scandinavian #6
No squad rotation = no energy. We lacked creativity against a team which came to try and nick a draw, maybe Özil would have delivered that if he wasn;t the most expensive persona non grata in sport.

In the first half wer were unlucky - denied a good goal and a penalty - butin the seconf half they were going through the motions.
Özil would have been the perfect player in a game like this. I really really hope, Arteta has som very solid reasons not to have him on the bench.

roz

Fake News Merchant
I beg to differ. How is actually really bad at build up except simple five and go passes. When Puel tried to get him involved with the build up he looked out of sorts. Even losing his spot in the starting 11 at times.

Everyone knows Auba is a deadly finisher. Not really good with build up/gold up play etc. Get him at the end of moves and he is elite. Get him spending most of the game on the wing either chasing wingers or trying to create then it shouldn't be a surprise he looks lost.
Fair enough, I’ve always thought his goals gloss over his performances. Average touch, No hold up play, poor in the air & very rarely beats his man despite being gifted with ridiculous pace. He’s Walcott with better finishing. Totally understand why Arteta doesn’t trust him to lead the line. You belittle Vardy for his touch and go passes but he does that far better than any of our forwards, I see Vardy as the better player, might not score as many but helps makes his team tick, can you really say the same for Aubemeyang?

Im sure he’ll score a tap in next week and everyone will be hyping him up again.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

We’ve improved defensively anybody can see that much more organised. But our attack what has happened to that. So deadly back end of last season now just lacking ideas

What’s the point in improving your defence when your attack is garbage? I’ll have more fun paying £14.95 to watch Burnley vs West Brom ffs.

A lot of people beating around the bush but it’s too cautious and coward stuff to just sit back and play it sideways. We need to be on the front foot and ask questions of these **** teams that pull up to the Emirates and sit back.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
That was beyond poor. Laca, Xhaka, Auba, Ceballos awful. I dont know what the issue was, we just looked like we lacked ideas. We had so much of the ball but did little with it. Arteta somehow has to make us a threat, once again our best attacker was a 19 yr old and that shouldn't be the case.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I really need you guys to keep me in your prayers. Not only do I support Arsenal but the New York Jets as well. I was watching both second halves unfold simultaneously and I think it broke something inside me.

Reactions: Kav

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
WHY CANT WE JUST PLAY LIKE A NORMAL TEAM PLAYING 433???

Arteta spent too much time with Josep, turning fullbacks into CM and CM into 3 ATB CBs or whatever stuff they were doing

Kav

Established Member
The front 3 are the the problem nobody else. Aubameyang has been poor for weeks now you could put it down to burn out no rest over the summers short break and Lacazette is just bang average. No creativity in the finale 3rd
No. The lack of a midfield is. Our CF is being asked to run around and press so he isn’t where he should be and the other two Saka and Auba didn’t do much to make any chances. Our play was crap when Luiz went off as he was the only one picking passes from Defence. Leicester played a compact block with a mid press. We had no one in central midfield to play passes to until we were behind in the 80 minute.

This is on Arteta for using his stupid 3 at the back system and ensuring that our central midfielders tuck wide to allow our defenders to attack. While that gives us more bodies wide. We literally have no one in the center to orchestrate attacks.

This is why I have been annoyed with his approach. He needs to find the right balance.

Papa Wonga

Established Member
Can't wait to be beaten by OBE and Smeagol next weekend. Cheers mikel.

1DKKB0S.jpg

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Putrid 2nd half but 1st half was quite promising. I really hope Arteta doesn't revert to type in the next home game. I know for sure he'll go back to back-three against United

boxerumble

Baked Canadian

Auba and Laca and two of the worst footballers I have ever seen...

Auba is basically Walcott, but smarter in his movements without the blistering pace.

While at this point, Laca looks on the verge of tears in every match...nothing is coming off for him...no can't run, he's small, he's not skillful, he gets gassed after an hour (at most) in every game...just drop him.

Pepe was terrible too when he came on (very concerned at this point about Nico, if I'm honest) but we have to try something different...give Pepe-Auba-Saka a run of games to see if we can get something going.

Big defeat that, put's a lot of pressure on Yanited away, a match I was confident before this anyway...as soon as we didn't score in the first half, you really worried for is...uhhhh, ffs.
Agree about Laca, sorry but he offers very little and isn't what we need. Auba needs service, needs to play centrally with a creative spark coming from behind him which we do not have.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Why xhaka was playing LCB most game? When mikel realize that our squad is not man city quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom