• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Leicester City | Sunday October 25 | KO: 19:15 GMT | Sky Sports Box Office (£14.95)

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Multipass

Say what you want about douzi, but when he had space in front of him with the ball he ran into it with some purpose. I expected to see partey do that today but they crowded him out and the players given the space (Luiz, Xhaka, ceballos) walked up the pitch at snails pace.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Another thing I’ve noticed is we’re moving the ball too slow. All this sideways football and we’re letting the opposition team regain their shape to frustrate us.

We lack risk takers in this team and it all stems down from the manager and his cautious approach. The limited footballers we have don’t help too.
This crap has been annoying me since even the end of the Wenger era and has continued through Emery to now. I have never got my head around why our defenders pass so slowly.

Even if you forget progressive passes and we are talking about a sideways pass to a guy in space, it is so mind numbingly slow when it doesn’t need to be. Not only does it give the other team more precious seconds to hold their shape and communicate, it also sends a bad vibe/message through to the team. It’s infectious this slow passing and I absolutely hate it.

In my opinion we have been an unattractive team to watch since we started doing it under Wenger. It’s terrible. A player is literally free there just pass to him with some ****ing urgency, stop casually jogging with the ball or taking so long to put your foot through the ball.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Just worth noting we have pretty much the exact same players on the pitch in this game, in fact we have better players now but no Özil of course.

No goalscoring midfielders in the squad kills us.
This says quite a lot. Most would say we’re a better squad than what we’re seeing there yet today (and this season) has been embarrassing.

Kysus

Exactly. Some here think that a #10 will be a magical solution to unlock low blocks. We had Cazorla and prime Özil and had games like this. We need better forwards first and foremost. Laca and Pepe are not good enough.
Under Wenger we only struggled to create when the opposition was (much)superior in individual quality.

The balance is clearly off right now. While under Wenger you could argue that there was not enough organisation right now we are way too far at the other end of the spectrum.
It's like playing with the handbrake on.

Wenger with our current players?At the least, REALLY fun to watch.

Manberg

Predator
Under Wenger we only struggled to create when the opposition was (much)superior in individual quality.

The balance is clearly off right now. While under Wenger you could argue that there was not enough organisation right now we are way too far at the other end of the spectrum.
It's like playing with the handbrake on.

You have a short memory or you choose to only remember the good times. I can remember so many games against inferior opposition where we struggled to create chances and we kept blaming the lack of movement in our forwards. We had creative players in midfield at the time.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Playing with so much width actually hampers us. We don’t have a striker who can successfully drop into the Firmino false 9 role and connect play, and we don’t play with a number 10 or a midfielder who likes to have possession in the hole.

There is never any threat from the middle. The opposition knows to double up on our wings and then we will just ping hard balls into Laca which will bounce off him. I was hoping that the arrival of Partey and a movement to 433 would allow us to build up through the middle and provide our wingers with more space but we didn’t really see it today. Our midfielders didn’t play close together it was all so stretched in there. Ceballos was essentially playing right midfield at times and Xhaka was playing left back. There was no interplay between them and I think that’s because they are all the sitting types; it isn’t a dynamic set of midfielders.

Reactions: Kav

Kysus

You have a short memory or you choose to only remember the good times. I can remember so many games against inferior opposition where we struggled to create chances and we kept blaming the lack of movement in our forwards. We had creative players in midfield at the time.

Was never bored* under Wenger, and I haven't missed a game since 2006.
Was really bored in the 2nd half today and vs Rapid too.

Wenger has torn teams apart with Bendter and Eboue in the attacking front 3 FFS.

(*bored is not quite the right word as there is obviously excitment in tight games)

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The difference between emery first season against Leicester and Arteta first that Leicester didn't spend all game defending even when they were 1 up now that not excuse but if Leicester played offensive against us today they'll get absolutely destroyed they did against city and succeeded and today too it on us to break them down and we failed

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Was never bored* under Wenger, and I haven't missed a game since 2006.
Was really bored in the 2nd half today and vs Rapid too.

Wenger has torn teams apart with Bendter and Eboue in the attacking front 3 FFS.

(*bored is not quite the right word as there is obviously excitment in tight games)
Football have changed with Wenger in final seasons yes we were amazing at home but we'll still very predictable teams find it easy to stop us.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Very creative!

I was shouting at the ****ing TV about this. I don’t know if you guys had the same broadcasters and same replays being shown but all it was showing was from the angle of the right wing. It kept showing this stupid angle which made it look worse than it is because of your field of vision from the angle. Even despite that; it was clear that Xhaka was not blocking his vision.

I don’t know if they get all angles in Stockley park but if they do it’s even worse, how can you be so dumb.

Polar Bear

I don't want to get into any debates about Özil, its so toxic, and his thread is locked. But I really think the last 20 minutes would be nice to see him come on, just to see if he can give a sneaky through-ball out of nothing and open something up, (which he does have in his locker)

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

You can't open new doors with old keys.
That’s actually not Mustafi’s fault.

We got done by good old pace. Vardy is Gabriel’s man, Under is Xhaka’s.

Under does Xhaka for pace, it happens. Gabriel comes across and Mustafi is simply not fast enough. Under and Vardy are both very, very fast.

It was just a lightning counter attack with a quality pass from Tielemans and a quality ball from Under. Leno was actually preparing to rush Under so perhaps Gabriel could have covered Vardy but that could have easily led to a goal too.

Last edited:

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Auba may have the integrity and the intelligence...but Vardy plays with much more intensity than him, think that makes a difference in this league.

Was it Fabo that said "a pure scumbag, which is key" when we were close to getting Vardy?

Great quote, really sums up how good he is...I felt fear when Jamie was subbed on, as I am sure our defenders did...Auba is very good, but I feel defenders would back themselves against him, he's just a nice guy.

Bit much there

Auba’s outscored Vardy since both have been in the league, and scored against pretty much every top defender he’s faced.

He’s also done it in the Champions League where Vardy flopped.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger

When? If anything we just couldn't find a way to put the ball in the back of the net in those games.

I'd say up until 2015/2016 or so, Wenger's teams created chances for fun. It's just that we had Henry to finish them off at first, then Judas when he wasn't in the trainer's room and finally Giroud missed half of his.

Then our creativity fell off of a cliff and we started to rely on the forwards to create and score goals on their own. Now here we are.

The one thing I will say about Wenger is that we were never boring, up until the last year or so of his reign.

Manberg

Predator
When? If anything we just couldn't find a way to put the ball in the back of the net in those games.

I'd say up until 2014/2015 or so, Wenger's teams created chances for fun. It's just that we had Henry to finish them off at first, then Judas when he wasn't in the trainer's room and finally Giroud missed half of his.

Then our creativity fell off of a cliff and we started to rely on the forwards to create and score goals on their own. Now here we are.

The one thing I will say about Wenger is that we were never boring, up until the last year or so of his reign.

For starters, you can pick any away game against Stoke. I’m not going to go over every single game, but I’m telling you, we had creative midfields and often created next to nothing against low blocks. There is no one answer fits all. I’m not saying creative midfielders (which we don’t have) won’t help, but getting better forwards is even more fundamental.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

If all your attacking players are playing poorly/underperforming, I think it's pretty obvious where the finger should be pointed at.
Especially when one of them is a proven world class forward. About 18 months ago Pepe was coming off being the second best player in Ligue1 but forget about him.

Auba has been world class for like half a decade and he’s had two shots in like 5 games. :lol:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Auba isn't world class...he's a quality striker don't get me wrong, but he has too many flaws to be considered world class.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom