• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Liverpool | December 22 19:45 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

nick gould

It sad to say but don't see us winning. They are better than us in attack in every way. I think we are pretty even in defense and midfield but there energy and pace in attack will kill us.
We are actually better than them defensively. We have managed 9 clean sheets in the league so far this season and that’s second in the league.

say yes

forum master baiter
Only person who should be booed for the Anfield debacle is the person who decided it was a good idea to shunt Bellerin to the left (and drop Kolasinac) so that he could play a wantaway CM/winger in defence despite the fact that Ox didn’t want to be at the club and despite the fact the game was against the club he was only days away from joining.

One of the worst decisions Wenger has ever made which is saying something.

OSBK

Established Member
Pretty simple,

If we win then I think we can push on and finish top 4.

If we lose then arsne is not getting a visit from santa.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Liverpool 4-0 Arsenal.
Liverpool 3-1 Arsenal.
Arsenal 3-4 Liverpool.
Liverpool 3-3 Arsenal

First order of business is to concede less than .
This game has warning signs flashing all over. Recent poor patch of form, but with a midweek win in the EFL cup (with the second team) to inject a little (thus basically unwarranted) complacency into both manager and his side, and we’re playing a team that seems to score for fun against us.

Last edited:

ggunner12345

I'll be missing this as it's my cousins birthday and I am going there tommorow night. Below is my team prediction

Lacazette

Sanchez Özil

Wilshere

Elneny Xhaka

Kolasinac Mustafi Koscielny Bellerin

Cech

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Our constant desire to play out the back plays exactly into their hands. They will try and do exactly what United did to us.

If we can keep options around the ball carrier, stay close together and try not to make any line break passes in the first third of the field, we should be able to weather their gegenpressing.

Quick triangle passes, combined with their crowding of the ball carrier could quickly open up gaps between their lines. We are very capable of doing this.

Once we are beyond that initial wave, the world is ours.
It's not our constant desire to play out from the back that's the problem it's our consistent inability to play out from the back that's the real problem.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
It's not our constant desire to play out from the back that's the problem it's our consistent inability to play out from the back that's the real problem.
Something I feel is not necessarily just an issue of ball-playing ability but of poor positioning when we have the ball. Wenger's insistence on "exerting his team on the opposition" via pushing his midfielders and full-backs far forward while the defenders have possession is precisely what leads to these kind of turnovers. Considering the midfield we will have with Wilshere in there, I reckon it won't necessarily be as bad - or at least I hope.

Our positioning needs to have more compactness and shape when we have the ball in order to play this way and defeat Liverpool.

redanddread

Something I feel is not necessarily just an issue of ball-playing ability but of poor positioning when we have the ball. Wenger's insistence on "exerting his team on the opposition" via pushing his midfielders and full-backs far forward while the defenders have possession is precisely what leads to these kind of turnovers. Considering the midfield we will have with Wilshere in there, I reckon it won't necessarily be as bad - or at least I hope.

Our positioning needs to have more compactness and shape when we have the ball in order to play this way and defeat Liverpool.
For a team that is supposedly a good passing team I'm always aghast at how we cough up possession so easily and make poor passes when under pressure in our defensive 3rd. Don't trust Xhaka one bit with the ball in our defensive 3rd.

redanddread

Liverpool 4-0 Arsenal.
Liverpool 3-1 Arsenal.
Arsenal 3-4 Liverpool.
Liverpool 3-3 Arsenal

First order of business is to concede less than 3 goals.
We've been absolutely battered in all of those games bar the 1st 1/2 of the 4-3 home loss & that 3-3 game when we conceded at the death.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
For a team that is supposedly a good passing team I'm always aghast at how we cough up possession so easily and make poor passes when under pressure in our defensive 3rd. Don't trust Xhaka one bit with the ball in our defensive 3rd.
Tim Stillman has an article he put out today and he mentioned how much this midfield gives the ball away. He also said that the only midfielders who look good in possession are the academy midfielders - he elaborated on the ArsenalVision podcast (great listen) and specifically mentioned Maitland-Niles, Willock and Ben Sheaf (surprisingly, considering he's been playing CB of late).

EDIT: The article

https://arseblog.com/2017/12/career-pathways/

Conceding possession cheaply in midfield has been an ongoing issue for Arsenal this season. Wilshere’s contract remains unresolved, the club were apparently willing to let Elneny go during the summer, Granit Xhaka has still to convince in the deep lying playmaker role and Santi Cazorla’s Arsenal career is sadly winding down. Willock and Maitland-Niles can be encouraged by this skill gap.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

For the second time here I'm astonished at the level of negativity.

I knew we would beat Sp*rs, who're a much better side and believed we could triumph over United, both sides that are infinitely better than Liverpool.

We put Sp*r to the sword and but for a shambolic opening 10 minutes would've done the same to United.

I'm not disrespecting or belittling Liverpool, but they shouldn't be among the very few teams who can visit the Emirates & believe they have the possibility of leaving with a share of the points let alone all 3.

The lads will put in the required shift. All they need is show the same initiative in the match against both teams mentioned above & Liverpool, for all their famed pressing, pace and incisive passing, will need to utilize their 22 man squad to have a hope of gaining anything from the match.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

For the second time here I'm astonished at the level of negativity.

I knew we would beat Sp*rs, who're a much better side and believed we could triumph over United, both sides that are infinitely better than Liverpool.

We put Sp*r to the sword and but for a shambolic opening 10 minutes would've done the same to United.

I'm not disrespecting or belittling Liverpool, but they shouldn't be among the very few teams who can visit the Emirates & believe they have the possibility of leaving with a share of the points let alone all 3.

The lads will put in the required shift. All they need is show the same initiative in the match against both teams mentioned above & Liverpool, for all their famed pressing, pace and incisive passing, will need to utilize their 22 man squad to have a hope of gaining anything from the match.

Good post Sapient .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom