PL: Arsenal v Liverpool | December 22 19:45 GMT | Sky Sports

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by American_Gooner, Dec 19, 2017.

?

Match Prediction

Poll closed Dec 22, 2017.
  1. Arsenal Win

38.2%
  2. Draw

12.7%
  3. Liverpool Win

29.1%
  4. Aevius should have made this thread instead

20.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Jamie :lol: he nearly cried after our 3rd goal

blaze_of_glory likes this.
  2. carlito'sway

carlito'sway Well-Known Member

Not sure if this has been mentioned here before, but I feel the team was definitely more solid defensively and more stable with a back 3. Not sure what Iwobi brings to the table to warrant a starting job. I would sit him and come back to the 3-4-3.

tcahill and El Granit-Coq like this.
  3. redwhiteAustrian

redwhiteAustrian Tu Felix Austria Administrator

Thought we were a complete shambles at the back, the games vs Pool and ManUre have been awful in that regard.

At least we managed to get a point, even though a win was more than possible. Disappointed somewhat, although the team showed a bit of grit and determination for once.

redanddread likes this.
  4. Plutarch

Plutarch Well-Known Member

For a period of games I thought we'd solved the problem of teams scoring easily against us on breakaways. Playing three at the back seemed to cut down on this. But last night it happened all game, we looked continually vulnerable. But there were some good things in the game from Arsenal anyway, good attacking play from us, and good spirit certainly.

carlito'sway likes this.
  5. carlito'sway

Kos is rapidly aging and can't be in a back two with either Mustafi or Nacho. Back three is a better option at this stage.

6. redanddread

redanddread Always negative

We could play 8-1-1 & it wouldn't make a jot of difference bro. Remember reading an article by Tim Stillman on Arseblog last season saying that although our results had turned around using a back 3 the shots per game and shots on goal (from good positions) against us had increased.

7. carlito'sway

:lol::lol:

Safe travels Bro!

redanddread likes this.
  8. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Hoping Emery cloud has a silver lining

This. We were much better with a back 3. Certainly since Kos's crisis in confidence.

Wenger summed it perfectly. The lads looked frozen at the start. Could hardly string a pass together and slipping over.

Whatever he said at half time changed things a lot. But still think he should have shored up at 3-2, bringing Coq on for Iwobi

carlito'sway likes this.
  9. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Closet Spurs Fan

Some great quotes from this report -

redwhiteAustrian and redanddread like this.
  10. redanddread

Yup getting ready to pack & get my **** together...Tx man, we link over the hols.!

carlito'sway likes this.
  11. Penn_

Penn_ Well-Known Member

3-4-3 didn’t solve anything, it just threw an extra centre back at our defensive mess.

If everyone makes it through the Christmas period I’d like to see;

Lacazette
    Alexis Özil Wilshere
    Ramsey Xhaka

Tir Na Nog likes this.
  12. Makingtrax

Carragher nearly had a melt down about Mignolet. Saying Pep had changed 2 goalies already to get what he was looking for.

The Sky commentator quietly reminded him that Pep has an unlimited budget. :lol::lol:

13. Makingtrax

Don't ever leave bro :lol:

14. Bergkamp a Dutch Master

Bergkamp a Dutch Master Well-Known Member

in that case looking at defence since Bould got the seat - he should be sacked.

15. Bergkamp a Dutch Master

Bergkamp a Dutch Master Well-Known Member

too nervous and don't rise to the occasion?

Lady_Gooner and redanddread like this.
  16. redanddread

My sentiments exactly.

17. Lady_Gooner

Lady_Gooner That's Mrs. Ramsey to you buster!

After a chat with my sisters, I’ve decided I want the rest of the season to be like yesterday. We need to be committed to entertaining football

I’m happy for us to concede 3 a game as long as we have entertaining periods where we play some good football & score some ourselves.

That 6 minute period had some really good stuff & i felt better then than our terrible football against Newcastle and we won that game! We won’t finish worse than 6th, so done caring about points/league table.

Merry Christmas everyone :)

18. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Agenda Merchant

I couldnt stop laughing after Özil goal. I was likr, wow this is it. This is our cpmeback. Özil and Sanchez will sign after the game. My Liverpool friend missed all goals because he was mixing my stash.

But of course god hate us all.

19. Makingtrax

Can see why our ticket prices are so high. Football doesn't get more entertaining than our Man U, Spurs and Liverpool games :lol::lol:

Tir Na Nog likes this.
  20. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Closet Spurs Fan

If people weren't smart enough to figure it out already, his recent quotes basically makes it clear that he clearly doesn't have a clue what he's doing anymore. He's only trying to get the players physically ready for games instead of meticulously studying his opponents and drilling the team accordingly, just hoping the players figure it out themselves on the pitch(Something which Szczesny alluded to a few months ago.)

Windowlicker likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.