• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Liverpool | December 22 19:45 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
We should put up newspaper headlines of the 4-0 drubbing inside the dressing room as motivation. We seem to have problems with motivating ourselves against Liverpool in recent times. Letting them get a 4-1 lead at home last season was scandalous.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

Going to get the usual post in now because by the time full time comes around I'll likely be too drunk to type:

"Only 1.5 years left, lads."

Cheers for your understanding A-M. And in all seriousness, come on you ****ing Gunners - for once in your history, don't ruin my night.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
For the second time here I'm astonished at the level of negativity.

I knew we would beat Sp*rs, who're a much better side and believed we could triumph over United, both sides that are infinitely better than Liverpool.

We put Sp*r to the sword and but for a shambolic opening 10 minutes would've done the same to United.

I'm not disrespecting or belittling Liverpool, but they shouldn't be among the very few teams who can visit the Emirates & believe they have the possibility of leaving with a share of the points let alone all 3.

The lads will put in the required shift. All they need is show the same initiative in the match against both teams mentioned above & Liverpool, for all their famed pressing, pace and incisive passing, will need to utilize their 22 man squad to have a hope of gaining anything from the match.
You're becoming a top match thread poster. :lol:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
And in all seriousness, come on you ****ing Gunners - for once in your history, don't ruin my night.
I'm sorry beating Sp**s recently ruined your night? And those 7 cup final wins ruined your days. And those 3 EPL titles ruined your seasons.

More frustrated propaganda drivel. :lol:

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
I have a feeling this will be the team

-------------------Cech----------------------
Bellerin---Koscielny---Monreal---AMN
---------------Coquelin--------------------
--------Xhaka----------Wilshere---------
---Özil-----------Laca----------Alexis------

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse

I knew we would beat Sp*rs, who're a much better side and believed we could triumph over United, both sides that are infinitely better than Liverpool.

We put Sp*r to the sword and but for a shambolic opening 10 minutes would've done the same to United.

I'm not disrespecting or belittling Liverpool, but they shouldn't be among the very few teams who can visit the Emirates & believe they have the possibility of leaving with a share of the points let alone all 3.

The lads will put in the required shift. All they need is show the same initiative in the match against both teams mentioned above & Liverpool, for all their famed pressing, pace and incisive passing, will need to utilize their 22 man squad to have a hope of gaining anything from the match.
Maybe, but neither of Sp**s nor UTD. have battered us so badly over the last 12 months. It's Liverpool's style of play & their pace up front that has terrified our team. Seems it's just one of those match up issues. I mean they've scored 14 goals against us in the last 4 games & if that causes some trepidation on our fans part then I fully understand.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

You're becoming a top match thread poster. :lol:

I may appear gruff & do like a whinge on occasion (though in my case they're all entirely justified :lol:) but I deplore the defeatism that has become commonplace here.

If we lose so be it but not without exerting all efforts to avoid a loss. As fans its our duty to will the team on.

Defeatism has no place at Arsenal.

FreakySami

I think it will be difficult and it really will depend on the first 20 minutes, if we soak up the pressure well, we can relax and play well. After that is game on. Often Liverpool want to score quickly and fast so that they can get in their shell and hit teams on the break.

Also Alexis needs to not give the ball away 30+times. Actually that's not the stat that matters, what we should be looking at is a stat that states the following:

Given that Alexis have the ball away, how many arsenal players did it take out from being in a defensive position to stop the opposition team after the opposition team received it and after they made the first pass.

If you look at that, it will give you how risky those misplaced passes were. I highly doubt even 10% of his misplaced passes would be considered dangerous. At the same time, you can give the defenders a way to defend better and react better when that happens.

Anyways, let's play hard and well and beat Liverpool.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Maybe, but neither of Sp**s nor UTD. have battered us so badly over the last 12 months. It's Liverpool's style of play & their pace up front that has terrified our team. Seems it's just one of those match up issues. I mean they've scored 14 goals against us in the last 4 games & if that causes some trepidation on our fans part then I fully understand.

Being apprehensive due a string of underwhelming performances is fine but expecting a loss (at home) to a less than spectacular Liverpoo is unacceptable.

They can't keep a clean sheet to save their lives & I'm willing to bet that even the master of obstinacy himself has a plan to negate their final third.

redanddread

Being apprehensive due a string of underwhelming performances is fine but expecting a loss (at home) to a less than spectacular Liverpoo is unacceptable.

They can't keep a clean sheet to save their lives & I'm willing to bet that even the master of obstinacy himself has a plan to negate their final third.
If someone has been beating the crap out of you for a while now then it's understandable that you might be a bit apprehensive about the result - that's all I'm saying. Bayern Munich aside I've seen no other team in the last 12 months beat us so convincingly as Klopp's Liverpool so I can appreciate that many fans might not be so positive about today's result.

redanddread

I think it will be difficult and it really will depend on the first 20 minutes, if we soak up the pressure well, we can relax and play well. After that is game on. Often Liverpool want to score quickly and fast so that they can get in their shell and hit teams on the break.

Also Alexis needs to not give the ball away 30+times. Actually that's not the stat that matters, what we should be looking at is a stat that states the following:

Given that Alexis have the ball away, how many arsenal players did it take out from being in a defensive position to stop the opposition team after the opposition team received it and after they made the first pass.

If you look at that, it will give you how risky those misplaced passes were. I highly doubt even 10% of his misplaced passes would be considered dangerous. At the same time, you can give the defenders a way to defend better and react better when that happens.

Anyways, let's play hard and well and beat Liverpool.
We're at our most vulnerable when we're attacking........Alexis gives the ball away 30+ times today & we're not winning this game.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Reading on Twitter players have expressed concern about starting Alexis and that there could be a backlash if he starts.

Well, that's Alexis up front, Laca on the bench :lol:

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Am I the only one to draft the Ox into his fantasy team and stick a fiver on him to score at anytime?

You know its gonna happen?

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog

The logic is simple really, Liverpool is one of the best counter-attacking teams in the league, and we suck so bad against such teams. That's why I'm not looking forward to this with optimism, a draw here would be a good result.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom