PL: Arsenal v Liverpool | December 22 19:45 GMT | Sky Sports

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by American_Gooner, Dec 19, 2017.

?

Match Prediction

Poll closed Dec 22, 2017.
  1. Arsenal Win

38.2%
  2. Draw

12.7%
  3. Liverpool Win

29.1%
  4. Aevius should have made this thread instead

20.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog Every Little Thing Is Gonna Be Alright

The cheek of away fans to criticise our prices when they get to see such entertainment.

Godwin1, redanddread and Makingtrax like this.
  2. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

In last 4 games we conceded 14 goals against Liverpool we have to do something about that yes they got very talented front line but that average 3.5 goals a game against them and its not good.

3. Mo Britain

Mo Britain You should be ashamed of yourself Gazidis

Playing a back three is better for many reasons but we never needed this when we had Petit and Vieira (or later Gilberto). The truth is you need to protect your defence better from central midfield and that means playing at least one ball-winner. We haven't had a quality one for over a decade.

redanddread and tcahill like this.
  4. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Hoping Emery cloud has a silver lining

But this time they came from behind three times:lol:

The old jokes are the best.

5. Jojoba

Jojoba Well-Known Member

Thank you. I miss the old entertaining Arsenal. It ended after the Cesc era. WE need to get back to that.

6. skip spence

skip spence Well-Known Member

Missed the game and just caught the highlights.

Seems like we were lucky to get a point, no?

Liverpool could have been three or four up by half-time by the looks of it.

Good thing Liverpool defend as poorly as us or worse and good thing Mignolet is a clown.

7. Trilly

Trilly ^ If Michael Owen posted on AM

What a clown. In 2017 this is the type of manager we have.

8. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

Every single club except us putting in an effort to change, to be better, even if it's not paying immediate dividends and then there's us. Cowering behind a has-been manager.

Trilly likes this.
  9. Mitch

Mitch Blocked by Ramsey on Instagram

I went into this thinking we were going to get an embrassing hiding as styles wise we match up poorly against the Scousers.

The only opposition in the league I am happy with a point against be it home or away.

The Özil, Wilshere and Xhaka midfield is the way forward and good performances by all 3. Lacazette also displayed good link up play.

Our full backs the weakness today who were poor as was Alexis.

10. Itsupforgrabsnow

Itsupforgrabsnow Active Member

Sick of being involved in these 'cracking game for the neutral' games. Scousers completely overran us in the first half. Obviously it was thrilling to see us come back but at 3-2 where was the game management? It's job done, shut up shop time but no, let's carry on being gung ho.
    Everytime an opposing team attacks us I fear the worst. I just wanna see some solidity and organisation.
    Phooey.

redanddread likes this.
  11. redanddread

redanddread The stone that the builders refuse

17 in the last 5...........

12. redanddread

Bah humbug - I hear you though. Entertaining, but a footballing farce. I enjoy watching high quality football and particularly from Arsenal. This gung-ho nothing to lose football which we often find ourselves having to play to try & get back into a game entertains me for about 5 mins.

13. SA Gunner

SA Gunner Prediction Pool King Trusted

I think at home, where we have been in superb form.. this is not an improvement at all.

We were not properly prepared for this match, and this coming from someone who looks closely at the work Wenger does on the field.

redanddread likes this.
  14. Makingtrax

Now lost only one home game in 23 matches. Emirates is a ****ing fortress.

And that was the United game where De Gea masterclass saved them from 33 shots.

Great entertainment for those going to home games. :lol:

tcahill likes this.
  15. Makingtrax

Jesus, watching the replays today, all three of their goals came about from deflections.

krengon and celestis like this.
  16. SA Gunner

SA Gunner Prediction Pool King Trusted

We had that spell of five minutes, where I felt we had the game by the scruff of the neck and ready to put it to bed. Once that period transpired with us a goal ahead, I knew we wouldnt win.

That is the problem with this team, teams under Wenger, even as far back as pre-2005. We cannot kill off the opposition when the time comes to do so.

Trilly and Gooner Zig like this.
  17. Makingtrax

The most exciting team in the Prem bar none.

krengon, Goonerozil33 and Tir Na Nog like this.
  18. redanddread

It's bullshit football bro...........absolute bullshit football.

Short memory- turgid non-entertaining football vs Newcastle and then as shambolic a performance as you'll see against Liverpool in just our last 2 home games. Entertainment for about 5 minutes in each game.

19. Lookin' for a new Baby

Lookin' for a new Baby New name pending...

I don't know why this is seen to be a good result. Firstly, mental character to come back from 2 nil down? Going two nil down should never have happened. Then, we somehow get to 3-2 in front - only started playing properly when we went two nil down why? Finally, lose the pace and urgency that got us to 3-2 in front an concede and equaliser. I used to be so positive about Arsenal, but I can't accept a 3-3 draw at home as a good result when we had our noses in front. We did the same the other season at Anfield, played rubbish, went down, got our noses in front, Wenger took Walcott off so their full back could now get forward and Kuyt scored with the final head of the ball to equalise. We just never learn!
    Sorry for my negativity Happy Christmas

Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
  20. redanddread

When was the last time we seem prepared for a really big game? Sp*rs maybe...who knows.

Trilly likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.