• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Liverpool | December 22 19:45 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
When was the last time we seem prepared for a really big game? Sp*rs maybe...who knows.

I think, in addition to the tactical preparation was there an added mental focus on that day. There was no sign of any lapse of concentration or intensity.

Same can be said about the Man United match, albeit when we had to chase the game. A deep focus on our objectives for close to 80 minutes or so.

In this game, we had that intensity for five to eight minutes. That is a serious drop in my opinion and serious questions are needed here in addition to the tactical work pre match.

Whether this comes as a result of our tactical planning not working could be the answer yes... and for that we turn back to the manager.

Dress this draw up as you like, for me its not good enough.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Not sure if this has been mentioned here before, but I feel the team was definitely more solid defensively and more stable with a back 3. Not sure what Iwobi brings to the table to warrant a starting job. I would sit him and come back to the 3-4-3.

I don't have them in front of me but the stats actually point out that we gave up more big chances with the back three.

Toast

Established Member
I don't have them in front of me but the stats actually point out that we gave up more big chances with the back three.

Back-three-BC-SIP-SAV.jpg

same-opponents-back-four.jpg

Those stats suggests that it wasn't the switch to the back three that made the difference, but rather Cech coming into a patch of form and making more crucial saves as a result.

Full analysis by Arseblog here.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Mignolet is a shocking keeper. He gifted us a point.

Liverpool will surely go out and sign a keeper while we sit around and watch the other teams around us strengthen their teams.

In the space of the past two seasons, they signed Mane & Salah. Whilst we have been ****ing around giving players like Iwobi, Ox & Walcott opportunities.

You could spin it the other way too.
We have also signed the likes of Lacazette, Xhaka, Mustafi and Kolasinac during that time whilst they have given opportunities to the likes of Mignolet, Henderson, Lovren, Klavan etc.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It's bullshit football bro...........absolute bullshit football.

Short memory- turgid non-entertaining football vs Newcastle and then as shambolic a performance as you'll see against Liverpool in just our last 2 home games. Entertainment for about 5 minutes in each game.
United game was the best game of football I've watched since Germany beat Brazil 7-1.

Edge of seat for 90minutes. And the football was scinitillating at times.:lol::lol:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

When was the last time we seem prepared for a really big game? Sp*rs maybe...who knows.
Yeah beating Sp**s in a November was good.What about the Cup Final beating Chelsea in May. Or when we beat Chelsea in the Community Shield. Or beating City 2-1 in April. We beat United 2-0 in May as well. All big games this year we prepared for.

Maybe you missed them bro.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Yeah beating Sp**s in a November was good.What about the Cup Final beating Chelsea in May. Or when we beat Chelsea in the Community Shield. Or beating City 2-1 in April. We beat United 2-0 in May as well. All big games this year we prepared for.

Maybe you missed them bro.
UTD. at home last year was a meaningless match bro - happy we beat them but UTD. had put their eggs in the Europa League basket. We're good in Cup matches because it's just all about winning the game so we can play our gung-ho style win or lose. big games in the league that matter we've been poor for as long as I can remember. Anyway, if you're happy with sloppy play being delivered up on a regular basis, good for you. We're a joke at the back and have been for a long time.

JamesG

Frustrating thing about last night's game & the Utd game a few weeks back is that Arsenal are clearly capable of blowing teams away. But our flaws are terrible & kills any potential progress. Tactically it is all wrong. If only Wenger was better. Maddening to know this team is capable of great things but our self destruct aspect destroys any chance of being serious.

Hopefully, post Wenger things will get better on this.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

UTD. at home last year was a meaningless match bro - happy we beat them but UTD. had put their eggs in the Europa League basket. We're good in Cup matches because it's just all about winning the game so we can play our gung-ho style win or lose. big games in the league that matter we've been poor for as long as I can remember. Anyway, if you're happy with sloppy play being delivered up on a regular basis, good for you. We're a joke at the back and have been for a long time.
Sorry, didn't realise you were only talking about league matches, and only when other teams can be bothered. My bad.

blaze_of_glory

I think at home, where we have been in superb form.. this is not an improvement at all.

We were not properly prepared for this match, and this coming from someone who looks closely at the work Wenger does on the field.
Liverpool have wrecked us under Klopp for the most part though. I thought we were losing from the off yesterday, especially as they have been in even better form away than we have been at home.

Disappointed we didn't close out the game after we turned it around, but not upset at the result overall.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
I missed chunks of the first half and am just catching MOTD now - didn't realise how badly they battered us up until our first goal.

The defending makes me want to pull my hair out. For Salah's everyone just followed the ball and Wilshere didn't track him. For the equaliser, despite having so many players back, Firmino found loads of space inside our box. How!? :mad:

The same mistakes will happen again next week too.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Why didn’t Monreal run back for the first goal? Xhaka and Wilshere did but Monreal was just strolling along likes he belongs in the front three.

Mr.Consistent :rolleyes:

redanddread

I missed chunks of the first half and am just catching MOTD now - didn't realise how badly they battered us up until our first goal.

The defending makes me want to pull my hair out. For Salah's everyone just followed the ball and Wilshere didn't track him. For the equaliser, despite having so many players back, Firmino found loads of space inside our box. How!? :mad:

The same mistakes will happen again next week too.
and the week after that & then the week after that. It's sad nuh **** but what can you do. Take our punishment & watch this crap for another 18 months max I hope.

redanddread

I wish another manager had a year to work with this current squad. We should have won that game.
Actually we really should have lost it but somehow, miracles of miracles we actually managed to score 3 unanswered goals A better coached team probably wouldn't have been staring down a 2 goal deficit to start with and more than likely a better coached team could have held on to the lead or increased it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom