• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Manchester City | August 12th, 2018 16:00 BST | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
opta-arsenal-vs-man-city-750x500.jpg

• Sunday 12th August 16:00 BST
  • SkySports Now TV
  • Sold Out
  • Sky Bet Home win 12/5 Draw 11/4 Away 1/1
  • Man C unbeaten in the last 5 meetings
  • Arsenal won 1 in the last 6 at the Emirates
  • Kola, Kos injured
  • Ramsey, Monreal late test

It’s a new dawn, a new era. And yes, he’s really gone.

Who cares if the bald Spaniard has won the league 2017/18. Unai Emery has arrived with a full head of hair and the football obsessive is determined to make his mark.

Already our players have seen so many videos they’ve run out of popcorn. And Bellerin tells us that training is as focused as Nikon DSLR. Useful additions have arrived and Guendouzi looks like a Luiz/Modric lovechild if you half close your eyes.

Can’t wait to see if the methods and structures will have the impact that everybody’s waiting for. Good luck for a brand new season.

Last edited:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
opta-arsenal-vs-man-city-750x500.jpg

• Sunday 12th August 16:00 BST
  • SkySports Now TV
  • Sold Out
  • Sky Bet Home win 12/5 Draw 11/4 Away 1/1
  • Man C unbeaten in the last 5 meetings
  • Arsenal won 1 in the last 6 at the Emirates
  • Kola, Kos injured
  • Ramsey, Monreal late test

It’s a new dawn, a new era. And yes, he’s really gone.

Who cares if the bald Spaniard has won the league 2017/18. Unai Emery has arrived with a full head of hair and the football obsessive is determined to make his mark.

Already our players have seen so many videos they’ve run out of popcorn. And Bellerin tells us that training is as focused as Nikon DSLR. Useful additions have arrived and Guendouzi looks like a Luiz/Modric crossbreed if you half close your eyes.

Can’t wait to see if the methods and structures will have the impact that everybody’s waiting for. Good luck for a brand new season.
Yay.

Not sure if I can watch this yet. Streaming setup has failed me since the last month of the season and I refuse to pay the crazy price of satelite in RSA. Not sure how I'm going to get to view this season.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Hard to be optimistic about this, they've got so much quality and then look at our defence. Yesterday showed the depth of their squad. If KDB doesn't play then Bernardo is more than capable for example.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Wow, serious pessimism in the votes so far.
Kind of happy we have a tough start. Get both the managers and the players roaring early. Whether that is after the first 90 or before will not really make a difference.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
We have enough firepower to sink them . Question mark over the defence but we are at home .
I voted win, I'm with you on this. Think it is the best time to play them and we can send some shock waves around the league.
Half the league have written us off to fail in a similar fashion to United. Which is daft because we don't spend as much nor have we hired an imbecile as manager...

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I voted win, I'm with you on this. Think it is the best time to play them and we can send some shock waves around the league.
Half the league have written us off to fail in a similar fashion to United. Which is daft because we don't spend as much nor have we hired an imbecile as manager...
Amazing how a couple of early wins can build momentum and raise squad confidence. I voted draw, but hope you’re right bro.

IslingtonBornandbred

In my opinion absolutely no better time to play the best team in the league. Much better to play them in the first game than 17 games in when we could be 12 points behind with them running away with it again.

Will be a draw or Arsenal win...first game of the season and that....at home, the players will be fired up, no way do we lose this.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I want to see the following side:

GK: Leno
RB: Litchtsteiner
CB:Sokratis
CB: Mustafi
LB: Monreal
DCM: Torreira
CM: Xhaka or Guendozi
ACM: Özil
RW: Mkhi
LW: PEA
CF: Lacazette
Monreal a maybe with a late fitness test, no?
Otherwise I like that

FEH

Aslong as Lichtsteiner is ahead of Bellerin and Auba, Laca and Torreira are on the pitch, I think we win this.

I really hope the Emirates atmosphere is different this year. A new manager, some great players and hopefully a new focus and drive. Lets get behind our team and show we are not to be messed about with this season.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I haven't been up for a season to start like this for years. I love the fact we have City & Chelsea first, if we get 4 pts or more we'll all be happy and if we get 0 pts we'll probably say, its a new beginning, give it time! If we started against mid table teams and didn't win both we'd be disappointed. I genuinely believe we can beat City & Chelsea. Bring it on!

PS. just noticed my Miley pic has been replaced by a giant smiley :) Ha, not my doing!

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Think we'll challege for a win here but in the end our defence will fail us. :(

Seeing Emery on the stands at Wembley looking like he has an ace up his sleeve made me optimistic lol.

arsmile

Established Member
starting lineup is the least predictable in a while...

something like-

leno
bellerin-mustafi-sokratis-AMN
xhaka-torreira
mhiki-Özil-PEA
laccazette

although cech/leichsteiner/chambers/elneny/guendozi/iwobi could all start...

and I'd love to see a 442 with that front 6...

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Wouldn’t mind an Elneny-Matteo midfield 2. They’ve looked pretty good together all preseason and Torreira/Xhaka don’t look fit enough to start judging from that Lazio game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom