• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Manchester City | August 12th, 2018 16:00 BST | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Yay.

Not sure if I can watch this yet. Streaming setup has failed me since the last month of the season and I refuse to pay the crazy price of satelite in RSA. Not sure how I'm going to get to view this season.

Look up Acestream if you haven't already

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Think that draw is about right.City looked quite confident against Chelsea even without some big names in squad.We can hurt them with Laca and Auba and we need some big performance with new manager at Emirates.2-2.

TheArsenalis

Om hoping to be surprised. We were all over Chelsea in 2nd half a performance that was as good as city's.

These boys will be itching to impress emeri.
We know can score.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Just saw somewhere that the ref is gonna be Michael Oliver. I voted for a win but I feel like i should change it now.

OSBK

Established Member
All the pressure is on city. I fancy auba and laca to cause them alot of problems.

Cant call it purely because I dont think our defence is good enough. We need a disciplined back 4 and a few weeks of coaching wont fix that.

Axel9090

I think a draw would be a good start. IF we lose, I hope it wont be in embarrassing fashion like our last few games against them.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I think its a matter of will Emery dare to go for it against City playing at home or maybe be a bit cautious?

If its the first I think we will see this:
https://postimages.org/nl/

If he’s a bit more cautious I think we could see Lacazette benched for an extra midfielder and Auba’s pace on the counter:
https://postimages.org/nl/

I personally think we’ll go for more safety with our shaky defense and Laca will be sacrificed for that.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Most neutrals expect us to lose and Citeh fans will be baying for a win to start off the campaign so other than if we get a drubbing we have nothing to lose.

Don't lose the game in the first-half hour, keep it today and we can win this. They'll take risks, won't settle for a draw until the last few minutes. If we keep their score down it will only take a couple of moments of brilliance to win and we have players capable of doing that.

TheArsenalis

I think its a matter of will Emery dare to go for it against City playing at home or maybe be a bit cautious?

If its the first I think we will see this:

If he’s a bit more cautious I think we could see Lacazette benched for an extra midfielder and Auba’s pace on the counter:

I personally think we’ll go for more safety with our shaky defense and Laca will be sacrificed for that.
I like the second one. Start with auba, when game loses it shape we bring on laca.

City likely to use 3 at the back then pack their midfield to dominate us in that area of the park. I think emeri will try to combat that going 4141 maybe. We gonna need Torreira to be in world cup form.

TheArsenalis

Most neutrals expect us to lose and Citeh fans will be baying for a win to start off the campaign so other than if we get a drubbing we have nothing to lose.

Don't lose the game in the first-half hour, keep it today and we can win this. They'll take risks, won't settle for a draw until the last few minutes. If we keep their score down it will only take a couple of moments of brilliance to win and we have players capable of doing that.
Yeah we go into this gung ho wenger style. Lol joke

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Going by the preseason:

Auba and Laca are best together.
Özil seems in better form than Miki.
Lichtsteiner over Bellerin.
Leno over Cech.
Guendouzi has impressed.
Kola injured.

Id go 433 for a man more in the centre.

Auba Laca Özil
???
AMN Sokratis Mustafi Lichtsteiner
Leno

Xhaka is a fitness monster so I wouldn't worry about him. Guendouzi has to play for his preseason. If Ramsey is fit he's a must start, Torreira seemed a bit unsharp yet. So if these two are fitness concerns it might be an idea to play Miki in midfield.

If everyone is fit, it's Ramsey and Torreira for me, either one not fit to be replaced by Xhaka, both unfit start Miki.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Going by the preseason:

Auba and Laca are best together.
Özil seems in better form than Miki.
Lichtsteiner over Bellerin.
Leno over Cech.
Guendouzi has impressed.
Kola injured.

Id go 433 for a man more in the centre.

Auba Laca Özil
???
AMN Sokratis Mustafi Lichtsteiner
Leno

Xhaka is a fitness monster so I wouldn't worry about him. Guendouzi has to play for his preseason. If Ramsey is fit he's a must start, Torreira seemed a bit unsharp yet. So if these two are fitness concerns it might be an idea to play Miki in midfield.

If everyone is fit, it's Ramsey and Torreira for me, either one not fit to be replaced by Xhaka, both unfit start Miki.
Main concern here would be AMN at left-back. Of course he can play there but you don't necessarily want an inexperienced utility player against the best attack in the league. On the other hand we don't have many options unless Emery opts for a back three.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Main concern here would be AMN at left-back. Of course he can play there but you don't necessarily want an inexperienced utility player against the best attack in the league. On the other hand we don't have many options unless Emery opts for a back three.

Don't think we will se a back three.

The question is how far is Monreal and how well has he taken to the New system?

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

All signs point to AMN at LB. Such a huge risk considering the opponent up against the 2016 player of the season, a guy who'll be eager to impress with Walker supporting too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom